Quotes!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dove

Reaction score
Hi all! :)

I run a weight loss blog and in doing so I did some quote collecting for a widget that shows up on each page and randomly rotates the quote each time a page is refreshed. I thought this would be great for others, seeing as each of these quotes I read and felt empowered by.

Since I have this list saved to my computer, I thought I'd share them! They are mostly about success and ability, but I think they can apply to most people out there, weight losers or not :D

So, here goes!

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it."
- Lou Holtz

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."
- John Wooden

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but what you should have accomplished with your ability."
- John Wooden

"For success, attitude is equally as important as ability."
- Harry F. Banks

"Men often become what they believe themselves to be. if I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the beginning."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"Often the difference between a successful person and a failure is not one has better abilities or ideas, but the courage that one has to bet on one's ideas, to take a calculated risk - And to act."
- Andre Malraux

"Practice rather than preach. Make of your life an affirmation, defined by your ideals, not the negation of others. Dare to the level of your capability then go beyond to a higher level."
- Alexander Haig

"Put yourself in a state of mind where you say to yourself, 'Here is an opportunity for you to celebrate like never before, my own power, my own ability to get myself to do whatever is necessary."
- Anthony Robbins

"Success is the maximum utilisation of the ability that you have."
- Zig Ziglar

"Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to start over."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald

"We re limited, not by our abilities, but by our vision."
- Unknown

"You are the only person on earth who can use your ability."
- Zig Ziglar

"You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through."
- Rosalynn Carter

"If someone talked to your the way you talked to yourself, you would have kicked them out of your life long ago."
- Carla Gordan

"Whenever a negative thought concerning your personal power comes to mind, deliberately voice a positive one to cancel it out."
- Norman Vincent Peale

"Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it."
- Unknown

"To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are."
- Unknown

"A competent and self-confident person is incapable of jealousy in anything. Jealously is invariably a symptom of neurotic insecurity."
- Robert A. Heinlein

"Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful."
- Mark Victor Hansen

"Self-assurance is two-thirds of success."
- Proverb

"Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings."
- Samuel Johnson

"Self-cofidence is the memory of success."
- Unknown

"Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are."
- Malcolm S. Forbes

"Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement."
- Golda Meir

"Your chances of success in any undertaking can always be measured by your belief in yourself."
- Robert Collier

"Believe in your dreams and they may come true; believe in yourself and they will come true."
- Unknown

"Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on."
- Unknown

"Nothing builds self-esteem and self-confidence like accomplishment."
- Thomas Carlyle

"The strongest single factor in prosperity consciousness is self-esteem: believing you can do it, believing you deserve it, believing you will get it."
- Jerry Gillies

"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance."
- Oscar Wilde

"To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are."
- Unknown

"Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do."
- Benjamin Spock

"Why compare yourself to others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being you than you."
- Unknown

Dove said:
Hi all! :)

I run a weight loss blog and in doing so I did some quote collecting for a widget that shows up on each page and randomly rotates the quote each time a page is refreshed. I thought this would be great for others, seeing as each of these quotes I read and felt empowered by.

- Unknown

great quotes i really liked them :)

I like all of your quotes! Hey I guess maybe we could make this an official quote thread? As I am sure that many people have quotes they love, and maybe want to share them?

I am always on the lookout for quotes to keep me going:

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up drinking and took up smoking."
- Henny Youngman

"All that happens means something; nothing you do is ever insignificant."
- Aldous Huxley

"Always remember that in life, whatever we do, we are never defeated unless we give up!"
- Tumblr User

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning."
- Albert Einstein

I have got so many more but these should be good for now!

Latest posts

Back