Re: getting over being judged

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I_suffer

Reaction score
Lady Gaga Snerd said:
Get Over Being Judged
Other people may "judge" you or not judge you. So what? Why do so many people hear give that so much power over their lives? Do they pay your bills? Are they going to be standing by your bedside when you are ill? Are they going to celebrate the joys of your life?
If not , why do you CARE what they think? Who cares? Stop giving strangers the power to control your mood and feelings. If they don't like you, they don't like you. No law says everybody has to like everyone. Be comfortable in who you are and to heck with them. IF they don't like who you are, then they can go pound salt as your life is none of their business. Forget about them and focus on people such as your family or friends who truly do care about you.
By, and if you think you DON'T judge others, you do. Everybody judges. Judgement isn't necessarily a bad thing. We ALL make judgements about all kinds of things. We might judge that we look better in one outfit over another. We might judge that skipping dessert today is better for our health. You judge as well. I judge. SO WHAT?

Two things:

1) Having been repeatedly negatively judged by people I really liked, I now find it impossible to just let it go as Gaga Snerd suggests. I think she is correct that it is generally healthier to not obsess over judgements by strangers. But as Yellowcat points out, some of us don't have any positive relationships to draw strength from and for us a constant stream of rejection is very painful, and impossible to ignore.

2) Speaking of judgement I find EveWasFramed's judgement in reprimanding Snerd for being "too negative" to be offensive. For one thing, suggesting that people not be upset by the judgement of strangers is not negative. It makes a lot of sense, even if it doesn't work for me and some others. Snerd tends to suggest in her posts that people attempt to stop obsessing over their pain and grief and instead try to take some control and to realize the world is not plotting against them. That is 100% reasonable, even if many of us are too damaged to do it. I think that it is also an over-simplification and Snerd can come across as lecturey and lacking in sympathy. But she is not malicious and she makes sense. So I deplore the type of censorship Eve is advocating.

Oh, look! It's a thread that's going to be closed! I never get to comment on these before it happens, and I'm always like, "Rats. I missed out on the fun!" Not this time, by golly. I made it!

Yellow-Star-with-Congratulation-.png

Woo HOoo!!!!

attachment.php

*I am not mocking the serious nature of this thread, merely being supportive of the accomplishments of a fellow forum member.

Why, thank you! I should do some sort of little dance.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if you mock the serious nature of a thread that is basically somebody trying to recreate a thread that was already closed.

I think that is just my attempt at a little nerdy humor. :D

Tell you what I will dance too!

carlton-dance_o_gifsoup-com.gif

*sigh* What am I doing wrong? I never use images here, so I tried to throw in a cheesy dance gif, and it didn't work. Geeze. Use the site as many years as I have, and you'd think I'd have learned something that simple.

nerdygirl said:
*sigh* What am I doing wrong? I never use images here, so I tried to throw in a cheesy dance gif, and it didn't work. Geeze. Use the site as many years as I have, and you'd think I'd have learned something that simple.
057c4048200146da8d8af941aeb07b47@2x.gif

There now it looks like you posted it. ;)

Now if thats the gif you tried to post I will be a weirded out.

Niiiice. It's even better than the one I was going to use. I'm impressed!

I'm going to try again. Maybe it wasn't me, but the image I was trying to use.

057c4048200146da8d8af941aeb07b47@2x.gif

Yay, it worked!

This thread was already closed.

If you disagree with a moderators action then PM them about it to discuss it, don't try to make a thread about it.

I'd like to add something to what Minus said.
This is a MODERATED forum. Closing a thread is based on a number of factors.
Call it "censorship" if you like, but the fact remains that threads are closed for a reason, even if YOU aren't aware of the reasons behind it.
Another word of caution - recreating closed threads is unproductive as they will also be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back