Real problem or Real problem

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my first post, if the introductory one doesnt count. Forgive me if I sound harsh or possibly scattery writing.
My question is - Is lonelyness/social repulsion a disorder? Can a person live happily all alone his entire life by indulging in sumthing like study/hobby ? From social perspective he would be looniac, bcos- he himself knws that man is a social creature and what he is doing is incorrect - good for nothing. There are people on this forum who are blessed wid skills, any art, still they want to be lonely or atleast to be called lonely. What are they expecting.
. sympathy? What r d problems ?Girlfriend broke up, Doesnt like job, resentment of past deeds, bad looks,obsessions . . is that all. What then, get high and go on filling the webspace with spontaneous thoughts, sitting in comfortable ro om!!!
I hope all of us knw there r bitter problems in world (now here is a catch, a person can feel more depressed thinking that he cant handle simple self issues, let alone real problems. Yes it happens to me)
Now if we agree that lonelyness is nothingness (and nothingness is end of time like suicide) then what should we do. . .

focussing on our problems as an issue and working little selfishly and be partialy good (its easy-modern practical approach )

Or letting our problems go/ignoring as games our mind plays - ripples on the water body metaphorically and thinking for others idealy (extreme difficult-traditional philosophy)
?
OK This was the question. the answer would be balance. trade-off.
is it correct?is it fun?

Life is a paradox.

Thank you chair.
One more thing-i am curious to knw what percent ppl are here from US,europe and internet using developing countries like india/indonesia/south africa/brazil?

Hmmm.... well I will say that if a person truly loves what they are doing, then they can be happy just doing that. That is not to say that this is always the case. Most people who dedicate their lives to something are only able to do so because they have someone to love and support. They have someone who loves them and who they love. It is kind of a weird thing really.

Then again I could just be talking out of my ass.

Hey I used to be the outgoing type, the person that craved the spolight and always announcing his presence at any venue. But overtime (actually currently), all I do is stay at home. I dont hang out with friends, I dont get involved in any social gatherings, I dont care to make my presence known and definately would rather be in a corner than to be the one to mingle.

Why.. I dont know..

I have hobbies and such but not even that give me any interest either..

Maybe I've done alot more in life than some at my age and now just want to take it easy.. relax and enjoy what Im doing even though im not doing anythin at all.

nothingnessistic said:
Thank you chair.
One more thing-i am curious to knw what percent ppl are here from US,europe and internet using developing countries like india/indonesia/south africa/brazil?

I couldn't say. This seems to be the biggest attempt to identify were people are. Location ratio at A Lonely Life

PhryskO said:
Hey I used to be the outgoing type, the person that craved the spolight and always announcing his presence at any venue. But overtime (actually currently), all I do is stay at home. I dont hang out with friends, I dont get involved in any social gatherings, I dont care to make my presence known and definately would rather be in a corner than to be the one to mingle.

Why.. I dont know..

Maybe I've done alot more in life than some at my age and now just want to take it easy.. relax and enjoy what Im doing even though im not doing anythin at all.
I found there were times when I felt that way as well. I was not out going or anything, but I was around people a lot in my everyday activities. I found that I just wanted to take a break most of the time.

AFrozenSoul said:
PhryskO said:

Why.. I dont know..

I found there were times when I felt that way as well. I was not out going or anything, but I was around people a lot in my everyday activities. I found that I just wanted to take a break most of the time.

I usually take it as... Im getting older. Maybe I need to stop and slow down once in awhile to appreciate things I usually dont do. Maybe Im just waiting for the next "big bang" to happen in my life to overwhelm the last big thing that happened.

Its the process of persuing other things to outdo what you've already done in life in order to make it more interesting. Most people give up when they dont see anything over the horizon. They stay in the same path because of comfort rather than paving a new road to seek new adventures.

OK, i just read that and realized that it has nothing to do with the topic. LoL!!!! Oh wells.. good insite regradless, plus I dont feel like re-doing the whole **** thing and erasing what Ive wrote. LMAO!!

will it like a process for me. Yes I suppose, if I just make up my mind that I'm well..I'm well.
However my emotions are like pressure cookers...I need to vent or release the stress, tension.
So that I may be more mentally and emotionally stable. It takes time. Mental and emotional scars
take longer to heal for me...Heck I broke and cutted my finger last week...it's healing at a good rate.
Physical scars dosn't cuase me any pains..Unfortunately mental and emotion scars puts me into a zone at times.

Yes I do understand that ultimately I must get into salutions and not stayed engrain or intrench in the problems.
To help me stay positive or try to be optomistic..I changed the word problems to challenges in my life.

I'm fucken over the hill and I'm getting too old for a lof the bullshit..
Sometimes it feels like I don't really give a fresia anymore or care anymore....maybe if I change the wordings
or get in touch with my emotions more..I suppose I can say, I don't worry anymore.

A lone time ago someone told me "fresia it" is the short form serenity prayer.
The principle is the same as Letting go.
if i change the wording to "drop it" maybe some people won't be so **** judgemental about my personality.

Or perhasp I've been hurted so god **** much....I'm just done with all the bullshit period.
Ultimately I know the only person that's going to make any major changes in my life is me.
Yes life is unfair...I grasph that the moment Jenni died. Whatever fuckend pains, problems I have...She dosn't have them anymore.
No matter how fucken bad I think I have it..No matter the pains or tears. She can't experince these things anymore..she's fucken dead.
Yeah..it's a paradox big time.

@PhryskO: I think your point fits in ok on this thread. We all have to focus on how to make our life better.
@onesome Crow: I think fresia it is far more sincere then drop it. Plus it gets the message across.

You'll find that most of the great artists/writers, etc were often loners....I imagine the same is probably true of today's scientists. Some people have a passion for people, others' passions are directed elsewhere.

Being anti-social only becomes a disorder when you start building bombs in your shack in Montana. You can be abnormal w/o having a disorder.

As for the rest of your post.....afraid it was too scattered for me.

Latest posts

Back