Reasons

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who in their right mind would view me that many times? Anyway. Things are stagnant. So, tomorrow is a day. I hated it single, hated it more in a relationship. 'Oh, you like flowers? Here's some garbage to throw away in a week.' I tried, but ****, it was exhausting. I haven't had to worry about it for many years. Not sure why it's on my radar. I blame my therapist

So, I joined a couple of years ago. Was in a relationship with an "okay" guy. (We are still friends after the break up.) But, we literally had nothing in common. He was practically living with me. I mean, he was here 24/7 but maintained his own place. Never paid any bills here, never helped with chores, etc. I have been single but dating since I lost my husband in 2007. I have never felt SO alone as I did with this guy. It was bad. So, I reverted back to what I knew.... group therapy. I found this site and realized, once again, I wasn't alone. It was nice to check in daily and read about your days and such. I was a professional lurker. LOL

Valentine's Day.... being raised Catholic, I respect the holiday as honoring the Saint. However, even as a romantic female, if today and anniversaries are the only days you show someone you love them... then your relationship has problems. I'd much rather get a $20 bouquet from the local grocer on a random Tuesday....

These are the flowers I bought for myself this week: I'll share them with you and now you got flowers, too!!

flowers.jpg

Sparkyn...love the meaning in your post...so, no disrespect, and this is just a joke...but, me, personally when it comes to flowers is...'Hey, here's some garbage to throw away in 7-10 days'.

Ok....stepping away from that debacle, I will do that thingie were I almost make valid points. This recent day of affection, being on a Monday, was way more laid back. Maybe it's the health issue, and people are tired. But this has been one of the easiest professionally I have had to deal with. Not a lot of extra orders. Maybe couples are less enamored? Maybe no one cares. But for those in a relationship, what was this day of hearts defined for you?

Sparkyn...love the meaning in your post...so, no disrespect, and this is just a joke...but, me, personally when it comes to flowers is...'Hey, here's some garbage to throw away in 7-10 days'.
You're not wrong. I always actually prefer to send live plants to people rather than flowers. Alas, I am burdened with a black thumb, so I enjoy the beauty for the week and then let them go... LOL

I'm actually thinking of taking a community organic gardening class. I kill most things, but I could always grow pot. I do have an orange tree that's going on year 4, can't wait to see if that turns out. But, I'm thinking of taking that class, because my next step of my therapy is to find activities that I might enjoy that involve actual people, and making connections. I have several I'm looking into, but the gardening one seems safe. I'm agreeing to this action because I know I've been without relationships of any kind for a good many years, and with where I'm at currently, I might be able to make it work. This is a forum for lonely people, so does anyone else think this is a step they could attempt?

I'm actually thinking of taking a community organic gardening class. I kill most things, but I could always grow pot. I do have an orange tree that's going on year 4, can't wait to see if that turns out. But, I'm thinking of taking that class, because my next step of my therapy is to find activities that I might enjoy that involve actual people, and making connections. I have several I'm looking into, but the gardening one seems safe. I'm agreeing to this action because I know I've been without relationships of any kind for a good many years, and with where I'm at currently, I might be able to make it work. This is a forum for lonely people, so does anyone else think this is a step they could attempt?
yeah, go for it!
I've taken classes too in the past and my thinking is that if I do make some new friends that's great but if nothing else it's time well spent learning something new.

Yeah, I'm kinda for it. Way out of my comfort zone, but that's growth, right?
yup, exactly. Though if you don't feel ready to commit to weekly classes, one or two day workshops could be good options too. Baby steps. Anyways, good luck!

So, this could be fun, maybe. I will venture that some of us work. Now, there are varying feelings toward said employment. Personally, I love what I do, im a very lucky man. So, the question I pose is this. How do you feel about your current profession. And, I had to do work I was not made for nor especially wanted to. I chose after two weeks to get drunk to deal with it, something that was not uncommon for me in my darker years. So, I was 'mutually dismissed' at 5 months. Spent almost 3 years not working, and generally being a drain financially on those who cared for me. I was so lucky to go back to the thing I was apparently made to do for 17 and a half years. I've crossed over to a little over 20 years now. It's not an easy job, although it's great to have your job title in nursery rhymes from 400 plus years ago. That was long winded for the guy who bitches about the same. So. Do you do your job because you love it, or because you have to? And why...but, if it's to feed your offspring, that's just being a good parent.

I get new challenges daily now. 'Hey, do this thing that's never been done' and they dive behind the metaphorical barricade. And I do. The dust settles, and I as the hero, stride triumphantly over the corpses I conquered, and shrug to convey how easy it was. I love my job. Not so much a question, just a bit of chest thumping.

This one is stupid, you've been forewarned.

So, I stay in my head about the stupidest honeysuckle. Cereal commercials. You have the little Anglo children trying to steal more honeysuckle from the Irish. Let him keep his Lucky Charms, you **** thieves. Then the poor rabbit, you can't grant him one bowl? ********. Do they mess with Tony the tiger? No. He would rip their still beating hearts out, take a chomp, and declare how great it was. Toucan Sam? Those birds can effortlessly crack a walnut. He'd take a chunk of skull you try to screw him over. Cap N' Crunch? He'd keelhaul you, then make you walk the plank. Sonny from Co-Co puffs? He's the dealer that's out of his mind from not taking his meds. You never agitate that guy. Those very enthusiastic cannibalistic Cinnamon toast squares? How do the propagate a society? (Yes, I'm aware they're just anthropomorphic squares of cereal) And you end with Snap Crackle and Pop. Those clearly represent meth dealers. What the he'll are these ad men on? Like I stated....pretty dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back