Rosh Hashana

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bookbinder

Reaction score
I mostly just come up here to bother Eve, but I somebody told me something today that I thought might resonate here.

It's the beginning of the Jewish New Year, also called Rosh Hashana. It kicks off this period of "judgement" wherein everyone is supposed to reflect on their sins of the past year. Usually judgement carries with it some sense that there will be punishment or retribution for all the messed up honeysuckle one may or may not have done. (Trying real hard not to project here, folks.)

But alternatively- and perhaps more positively- the period of judgement is an opportunity to submit a new plan for the coming year. The plan outlines what small improvements you'd like to make in the areas that you value most. You decide who you are, what's important to you, and then you offer up some proposition that explicitly outlines small steps as to how you will improve upon your faults and how you will make strides towards your goals.

Whoever you are and whatever you're going through, I challenge you to make your own plan. If there was ever a time to carve out your slice of the world and take one step closer towards defeating the demons of everyday life, this year's the year. Now go forth and conquer.

I think it's important to judge the way you are living your life once in a while. I do that pretty much every month. I look back at how I spent my time, things I've done and words I've said, how I've treated my body and mind, where I've been lacking and then like you suggested, a plan to improve. I also go over how far I've grown and what I still want to accomplish and keep in mind that it's all a work in progress. I don't think that people do this often enough, they just keep doing what they're doing - possibly not realizing their own potential for greatness and compassion. We fall into comfortable ruts way too often.

Latest posts

Back