Seeking educational advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never really went to a regular college or university. I chose vocational schools. I went back to school in my early 30's to try to be a dental assistant. I got through about half of it before I had to quit. Family obligations called. But, It got my foot in the door for on the job training.
Will English be your major? If so, think about what will be your minor. Alot of ppl are getting Biology and some kind of arts degrees atm. Not sure why on arts, but hey, if it works. Biology is in high demand for research assistants and lab techs atm. Anything in healthcare and medical is always a good course to have.
I'm assuming you already spoke to the financial counselor and came up with a plan of action there? I was going to say you could also look into Guaranteed student loans and like someone else mentioned, the WIA program. Workforce Investment Act. Your local workforce center will have the info on that. They'll pay a portion of your tuition just to go to school.
Good luck.

Thanks! Yes, I'm going to major in English. Actually my minor back in the day was music theory. I haven't thought about what I should do now. Music still sounds good. So does history.

I see a not-very-lucrative pattern emerging here...

Well, I'm all registered, my FASFA application is submitted, and I'm meeting with my advisor on Thursday. Looks like I'm going back to school!

Latest posts

Back