Sexually frustrated

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coricopat said:
SophiaGrace said:
stella said:
nope can't say i have ever felt sexually frustrated ever. think it is more of a guy thing.

I agree.

How old are you gals? You might feel differently later. Or maybe I'm just weird.

I've been celibate ever since I moved back to my hometown and I feel like I'm going crazy. I hate it. Six months isn't a long time at all...I think it has more to do with no prospects for sex in the future more than lack of sex in the past. No way I'm going to boff what few guys I'm actually exposed to here in the middle of nowhere. I KNOW no sex is better than bad sex, but my libido doesn't care for my discrimination.

Well i am 25, not sure about sophia. from what i have read, women don't get a particularly high sex drive until they are in their late 30's and 40's. so maybe then i will be climbing the walls and desperate to get laid. as for now, i am perfectly content in having no sexual contact with anyone. it bores me to be honest, id much rather read a book. lol

stella said:
coricopat said:
SophiaGrace said:
stella said:
nope can't say i have ever felt sexually frustrated ever. think it is more of a guy thing.

I agree.

How old are you gals? You might feel differently later. Or maybe I'm just weird.

I've been celibate ever since I moved back to my hometown and I feel like I'm going crazy. I hate it. Six months isn't a long time at all...I think it has more to do with no prospects for sex in the future more than lack of sex in the past. No way I'm going to boff what few guys I'm actually exposed to here in the middle of nowhere. I KNOW no sex is better than bad sex, but my libido doesn't care for my discrimination.

Well i am 25, not sure about sophia. from what i have read, women don't get a particularly high sex drive until they are in their late 30's and 40's. so maybe then i will be climbing the walls and desperate to get laid. as for now, i am perfectly content in having no sexual contact with anyone. it bores me to be honest, id much rather read a book. lol

Yep. Mid-30s for me. However, I did have a pretty high drive in my 20s, but it slowed down significantly once I had kids because I was in a constant state of hormonal flux between being pregnant, breast-feeding and post-partum depression.

But around my 36th birthday, man. WOW. It's still going strong too. Unfortunately, my marriage ended just as this was taking off, so yeah I understand sexual frustration.

cheaptrickfan said:
But around my 36th birthday, man. WOW. It's still going strong too. Unfortunately, my marriage ended just as this was taking off, so yeah I understand sexual frustration.

Excepting brief bouts of random hormones in my early teens, I had practically ZERO sex drive through my teens and most of my 20s. I don't know how much of that was due to my illness, and how much was just normal me. At 29....that was my WOW time. And yeah, marriage ended soon after. I've even wondered how much my sex drive had to do with chasing my husband away. Especially since he started seeing a much younger, much less experienced woman. He put up with several years of illness, which most guys take off in the first year or two. But once I started demanding my God given right to have orgasms and can we *please* try something other than missionary, he's outta there.

stella said:

Even if your hormone situation does change, you'd probably still rather read a book. The only difference is, it'll be a smutty book. :p

stella said:

I agree on the different wiring. My drive (and reluctance for casual relationships) led me into a terrible marriage I'm just getting out of. I am 29, and I would be very happy if I could get it every day...I guess I've always been that way, pretty much. It's gotten more pronounced in the last couple of years, so my marriage declining around the same time has made me seriously insane. This is quite fitting: :club:

I have sex twice a week on average, so I'm not sexually frustrated. The sex is great, but people, there is always masturbation. :D

coricopat said:
cheaptrickfan said:
I've even wondered how much my sex drive had to do with chasing my husband away. Especially since he started seeing a much younger, much less experienced woman. He put up with several years of illness, which most guys take off in the first year or two. But once I started demanding my God given right to have orgasms and can we *please* try something other than missionary, he's outta there.

It's sad to say that some men can not handle women who are in charge of their sexuality. Maybe it comes from deep-seated insecurity, maybe it's ingrained misogyny, who knows?

Thankfully, there are men out there who dig it. :D

it almost seems counterintuitive; leaving someone who wants to orgasm more with you, and in more interesting ways at that!

preference for youthful inexperience/misogyny/insecurity be damned! as a member of the male race, I for one would be up for some positional exploration... :D

coricopat, doubtful the sex chased him away. likely something else. my two cents.

I have a very high sex drive. I've been in a pretty much constant state of sexual frustration since the age of 15 years old.

Broken_Doll said:
I have a very high sex drive. I've been in a pretty much constant state of sexual frustration since the age of 15 years old.

noice

cheaptrickfan said:
coricopat said:
cheaptrickfan said:
I've even wondered how much my sex drive had to do with chasing my husband away. Especially since he started seeing a much younger, much less experienced woman. He put up with several years of illness, which most guys take off in the first year or two. But once I started demanding my God given right to have orgasms and can we *please* try something other than missionary, he's outta there.

It's sad to say that some men can not handle women who are in charge of their sexuality. Maybe it comes from deep-seated insecurity, maybe it's ingrained misogyny, who knows?

Thankfully, there are men out there who dig it. :D

Yes, perhaps he didn't like the fact that you seemed to be taking charge, which could explain why he went after a younger person. Maybe he thought this younger person would be easier to tell what to do.

stella, I am a girl and I am definitely sexually frustrated.
also emotionally frustrated, but that is a separate issue.
I'm 19. I've never had sex, or even kissed someone. But I crave a sexual and emotional connection with someone at least once a day. There's always something or someone that reminds me of this fact. Unfortunate, and maybe a little creepy, but I live with it every day.

suckaG said:
it almost seems counterintuitive; leaving someone who wants to orgasm more with you, and in more interesting ways at that!

It seems counter intuitive, but at the same time imagine what it would be like to be with a woman you can't satisfy (especially if you're already incredibly insecure)

suckaG said:
preference for youthful inexperience/misogyny/insecurity be damned! as a member of the male race, I for one would be up for some positional exploration... :D

So.....how's your flexibility? ;)

Just_Some_Dude said:
coricopat, doubtful the sex chased him away. likely something else. my two cents.

Of course it didn't, that was just part of a much bigger problem.

It's just weird, because you hear that men cheat to get more sex. And the stereotype of the other woman is always some hot but trashy chick. That's definitely wasn't what happened in my case.

VanillaCreme said:
Yes, perhaps he didn't like the fact that you seemed to be taking charge, which could explain why he went after a younger person. Maybe he thought this younger person would be easier to tell what to do.

You got it VC.

Now let's go back to griping about how we're not getting any. Talking about my ex is making me feel like a total loser. Not getting any makes me feel like a loser too, but at least I can share that misery with others :D

I'm not sexually frustrated myself. I'd rather be in a relationship before I did anything sexual. It doesn't bother me that I'm not in a relationship, so it doesn't bother me I'm not getting any sex.

Just_Some_Dude said:

*Shrugs*, don't know what you mean by 'nice' (I assume that is what you meant to type?). It is a problem for me that I seem to have a higher sex drive than my boyfriend.

Broken_Doll said:
It is a problem for me that I seem to have a higher sex drive than my boyfriend.

I had the same problem with my ex. If I had my way, she and I would have been doing it at LEAST once a day, maybe even more, if possible!!! haha XD Nothing so wrong with that, right? That's what I thought...

But she took this to mean that much of the time I was only interested in getting sex from her, which couldn't be farther from the truth. I'm a physical guy; I express myself in physical ways. It's much more natural for me to show love through sex, rather than through typical flower-and-chocolates romance.

I imagine that I'm going to have the same problem in future relationships...but honestly, that's just the way I express my emotions, especially regarding love. I suppose I might have to work hard to follow "normal" methods of romantic interest such as writing poems or singing ballads to yonder beauty in the window, or whatever the hell it is that other people do to show love. :p

Badjedidude said:
I had the same problem with my ex. If I had my way, she and I would have been doing it at LEAST once a day, maybe even more, if possible!!! haha XD Nothing so wrong with that, right? That's what I thought...
I think that at least once a day/night is perfectly reasonable.

Badjedidude said:
But she took this to mean that much of the time I was only interested in getting sex from her, which couldn't be farther from the truth.
That really sucks...
My problem is different, he simply has a lower sex drive than me. It's not just this that's the problem though, sometimes we would go to bed together and he doesn't so much as say a word to me, just completely ignores me and acts cold, like I'd go to kiss him on the cheek and he would ignore me and such, if we'd been fighting before I would understand, it's like he's just not interested anymore at all sometimes (I've tried every single piece of advice given, all sorts of things, normally we just chat for around 10 minutes then things are OK, doesn't mean it doesn't bother me sometimes though).

Badjedidude said:
I'm a physical guy; I express myself in physical ways. It's much more natural for me to show love through sex, rather than through typical flower-and-chocolates romance.
It's the same for me.

Badjedidude said:
I imagine that I'm going to have the same problem in future relationships...but honestly, that's just the way I express my emotions, especially regarding love. I suppose I might have to work hard to follow "normal" methods of romantic interest such as writing poems or singing ballads to yonder beauty in the window, or whatever the hell it is that other people do to show love. :p
I've just never been into that stuff. I wouldn't like to be disturbed one night by somebody singing cheesy love songs outside my bedroom window, I have enough trouble sleeping as it is without extra noise pollution.

Broken_Doll said:
I think that at least once a day/night is perfectly reasonable.

Plz leave your bf and come be with me. :p lol

Broken_Doll said:
My problem is different, he simply has a lower sex drive than me. It's not just this that's the problem though, sometimes we would go to bed together and he doesn't so much as say a word to me, just completely ignores me and acts cold, like I'd go to kiss him on the cheek and he would ignore me and such, if we'd been fighting before I would understand, it's like he's just not interested anymore at all sometimes

It's hard to tell the cause of that sort of behavior sometimes. It could be that he simply doesn't show much affection. Or it could be that he's too comfortable with you, that he knows that he doesn't need to do anything to KEEP you around....or it could be that he's just tired from work. *shrug*

It's really hard to know any of this stuff without talking to him. That's one of the most important things in a relationship, IMHO. Total, honest communication. But I guess sometimes that doesn't even work. I experienced THAT (lack of communication) in my last relationship. :/

Badjedidude said:
Plz leave your bf and come be with me. :p lol
LOL. :p I'd probably scare you away *giggles*.

Badjedidude said:
It's hard to tell the cause of that sort of behavior sometimes. It could be that he simply doesn't show much affection. Or it could be that he's too comfortable with you, that he knows that he doesn't need to do anything to KEEP you around....or it could be that he's just tired from work. *shrug*
No, he's usually very affectionate, very physical. It was like he was giving me the cold shoulder sometimes...

Badjedidude said:
It's really hard to know any of this stuff without talking to him. That's one of the most important things in a relationship, IMHO. Total, honest communication. But I guess sometimes that doesn't even work. I experienced THAT (lack of communication) in my last relationship. :/
We talk, I try to talk to him, but more often than not he would just refuse to talk about things and would get angry when I tried to talk to him about such things, we always got to the bottom of problems though, we always made up.

Broken_Doll said:
I'd probably scare you away *giggles*.

Nahh I'm a big boy, I'm sure I could handle ya. ;) haha

Broken_Doll said:
No, he's usually very affectionate, very physical. It was like he was giving me the cold shoulder sometimes...

We talk, I try to talk to him, but more often than not he would just refuse to talk about things and would get angry when I tried to talk to him about such things, we always got to the bottom of problems though, we always made up.

Hmmm that's strange that he would just randomly act like that. Could it have been something that you did? Or that he THOUGHT you did?

It's good that you made up, though. :) No point in just getting bitter and building up anger against each other!

Latest posts

Back