Shake out of it...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

VanillaCreme

Shake out of it, and shake it off. I know these forums are about people who feel lonely, and they want to tell their story and sing a sad song... but shake out of it.

You're not alone. Obviously, apparently, evidently you're not alone. We're all here together. Even if we don't know each other personally or even if there's miles between us, we're not alone. I don't want to sound harsh or anything, and I'll be the first to step up and listen to someone and give advice if they ask, but this is a forum full of people.

Sit down and evaluate yourself. I mean, it's not skin tone, or ethnicity, not your hair color, or how you walk, your weight, or if you're 6 foot 5 or 4 foot nothing.... It's your social awkwardness that makes people not talk to you. How you act is how people perceive you to be. Some people might read this and agree, and some may read this and think I'm being too harsh.

Believe me, I know what it feels like to have nothing. I know what it feels like to have this whole world going on around you, and it doesn't involve you. It's like someone threw a big party, and you were the only one not invited. And I know how it feels to have that same world crash down on you.

And the one thing that nothing on this Earth can take from me is my sense of being. I don't hold any pride, but one thing I do love about myself is how honest I am. I've never been very good at telling people what they want to hear, but at least I don't lie to them.

I've had to realize myself that I just have to shake out of it. That's the only way to get over the little humps and bumps in life. If you see a girl you've liked since middle school, and you're now in college, go talk to her. You never know. If you know there's this job available and you really, really want it, go apply for it. You never know.

The only one that stops you is you. Don't limit yourself. Everybody can try and hold you down, but at the end of the day, it's you that prevented you from completing a task in life that you've always wanted. Don't do that to yourself.

Hello vanillacreme,

Good advice and very true words. But….and you knew it was coming, Humans aren’t perfect. We all have our own “things” that we just can’t do, or aren’t good at doing, or perhaps we are still in the learning stage on certain things. One of those “things” we aren’t so good at doing may be the cause of our loneliness. We may or may not correct it, or compensate for it. Why might we not correct it? Because we are Human.

Let us not forget that we as Human individuals are filled with “things” that we do very well, even if we don’t actually know about them. A lot of times we are too hard on ourselves and won’t even admit to ourselves that we do something really well.

As Human individuals we all have our strengths and weaknesses. That is what makes us Humans!

Thank you for reminding me that there is a way out of the hole, or a light at the end of the tunnel. I will renew my quest to change some “things” that may make my life less lonely.

Be well.

RIGHT ON.
I agree completely, it's not harsh, it's true. I know for a fact that I am my own worst enemy. No matter how convenient or easy it is to feel sorry for myself for all the bad times in my life, at the end of the day. . . it is up to me. It is my responsibility to control my thought's, behaviors, actions, and consequences. And a little reminder now and again helps keep me in line, for that I say thanks.

oki doki....the way I've been doing it is to do it/take actions inspite of how I feel.
F-it i cried so **** much in the pass year...and i cried even more as I took actions.
My life is changing a little bit at a time becuase of the actions I've taken....not how i felt
about all of the BS or whatever the hell that's bothering me.

I did a little reserch on self discipline and that's pretty what it say.
I'm bascailly using my willpower to will myself out of this rut.
There's great inner strength inside of me....so they say.
It's going to feel all wrong and as if you're going against the grain but you take positive actions.
A little bit at a time and try to be consistant..everyday, everyday everyday.
Baby steps. Some encouragement helps too. And give yourself a break or pat yourself on
the back everytime you do it. Change or growth is not linier, it gose in cycle. Sometimes
you'll even suffer set backs and run back to your old ways...but you try and try again.

Sometimes it's helpful to write down your goals...I did. After i get wacked for a couple
days...I saw what my goals where. Then i was remained to get back on track again.

I'm not in control of some of my thoughts...that's just me. I just try to let them go
or don't latch on to them...my negative thoughts are meaningless to me. They serve
me no purpose other than to make my feel like honeysuckle and the possibilites of reacting
negatively to them. So in a way that's how i'm managing them.

By being honest and taking an honest evauations of myself and situation and accepting it as it is...it gave
me a starting piont to work on. I can't compair myself to others...this is where I am at. I need to work on me.

Do what works for you....but do it.

Oh Btw thank you all the people that help me through alot in the pass 90 days. I'm very grateful you care
and reach out to me.

VanillaCreme said:
Sit down and evaluate yourself. I mean, it's not skin tone, or ethnicity, not your hair color, or how you walk, your weight, or if you're 6 foot 5 or 4 foot nothing.... It's your social awkwardness that makes people not talk to you. How you act is how people perceive you to be.

Thanks for the reminder.

Bluecrab said:
Hello vanillacreme,

Good advice and very true words. But….and you knew it was coming, Humans aren’t perfect. We all have our own “things” that we just can’t do, or aren’t good at doing, or perhaps we are still in the learning stage on certain things. One of those “things” we aren’t so good at doing may be the cause of our loneliness. We may or may not correct it, or compensate for it. Why might we not correct it? Because we are Human.

Let us not forget that we as Human individuals are filled with “things” that we do very well, even if we don’t actually know about them. A lot of times we are too hard on ourselves and won’t even admit to ourselves that we do something really well.

As Human individuals we all have our strengths and weaknesses. That is what makes us Humans!

Thank you for reminding me that there is a way out of the hole, or a light at the end of the tunnel. I will renew my quest to change some “things” that may make my life less lonely.

Be well.

Of course we aren't perfect. And that's what makes us beautiful. All the little imperfections makes us who we are. Physically, emotionally, mental... It's all a well put together science. I'm pretty sure that most of you have all heard this before, but if we were all "perfect" this world would be a boring place. A very mechanical boring place.

Lonesome Crow said:
oki doki....the way I've been doing it is to do it/take actions inspite of how I feel.
F-it i cried so **** much in the pass year...and i cried even more as I took actions.
My life is changing a little bit at a time becuase of the actions I've taken....not how i felt
about all of the BS or whatever the hell that's bothering me.

I did a little reserch on self discipline and that's pretty what it say.
I'm bascailly using my willpower to will myself out of this rut.
There's great inner strength inside of me....so they say.
It's going to feel all wrong and as if you're going against the grain but you take positive actions.
A little bit at a time and try to be consistant..everyday, everyday everyday.
Baby steps. Some encouragement helps too. And give yourself a break or pat yourself on
the back everytime you do it. Change or growth is not linier, it gose in cycle. Sometimes
you'll even suffer set backs and run back to your old ways...but you try and try again.

Sometimes it's helpful to write down your goals...I did. After i get wacked for a couple
days...I saw what my goals where. Then i was remained to get back on track again.

I'm not in control of some of my thoughts...that's just me. I just try to let them go
or don't latch on to them...my negative thoughts are meaningless to me. They serve
me no purpose other than to make my feel like honeysuckle and the possibilites of reacting
negatively to them. So in a way that's how i'm managing them.

By being honest and taking an honest evauations of myself and situation and accepting it as it is...it gave
me a starting piont to work on. I can't compair myself to others...this is where I am at. I need to work on me.

Do what works for you....but do it.

Oh Btw thank you all the people that help me through alot in the pass 90 days. I'm very grateful you care
and reach out to me.

Crying, set-backs... What does not kill you, makes you stronger. All the stuff I've been through the past years, I've learned that. Crying doesn't make you weak, and it doesn't make anyone less of what they are. I think crying is good if you feel the need to. It's a natural living expression. As far as taking baby steps and building yourself bit by bit, all great things start out slowly. Take your time, and be satisfied with yourself before you go on to the next step.

mmm, great post, that's for sharing your mind. Always nice to hear these words of encouragement ^^

Amen. Have some confidence in yourself - while being careful to avoid excessive pride or arrogance - and good things will follow. Life is too long to have bad luck forever. Recognize that all experiences are temporary, and that in the long run we will all pass through up times and down times. What remains consistent, even if your beliefs or experiences change, is you. If you have faith in that person, no matter how you choose to define it, is the basis of happiness.

*CLAP *CLAP

You said a mouthful! I'm still a work in progress, but I'm determined.

Glad so many people agreed as they did. Hope I can help more people realize.

Here's my two cents worth on this post...

Now I've got that freakin' METRO STATION song "Shake it" stuck in my head. THANKS FOR THAT.

But, to be real, it was a good post and I hope it helps people :)

Latest posts

Back