short guys at a real disadvantage?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter what height or muscles you have. I'm 6 foot 5, doesn't help me one bit. Most of you already know my story, I'm another one of those 0-success losers who never even touched a girl or said hello. If I could trade this height of mine for money and a stable financial life, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

You can't expect to get anything out of something like positive thinking if you have no foundation to build off of. Confidence only if you have something backing you up. NOT out of THIN AIR. No amount of confidence will save you from getting rejected. You could have all the confidence in the world. You can't be positive if you have nothing backing you up. Same for confidence. This is what PUA preachers hate being called out for. I can sit here and "think positive" about getting that mechanic job. But that's not going to ensure me getting it. I can sit here and have a positive attitude about doing something, but it doesn't mean it going to happen the way I want it to, or if it's going to happen at all. That's why I prefer being realistic. I may or may not get that mechanic job. I can only hope for the best. Call that "thinking positive" or "being positive". That's looking at it realistically. I can learn PUA skills and approach some girl but if she isn't interested in me from the get go, then it's game over for me. No PUA skills will change her mind. If the girl WAS interested in me, and I had PUA on my side, it would only help me. Otherwise, it's all in vain. Most of the PUA promoters don't realize this, or they do, but they'd rather be deceptive to guys who are dating challenged. You can have all the confidence ever and PUA skills you want, but if a woman doesn't like you from the get go, it's game over for you, and no amount of PUA skills will change that. You can't create attraction out of thin air. If the woman likes you from the get go, the PUA stuff could only help you, but you can't create anything out of nothing.

That's what people don't realize. Confidence is debunked, in my book.

[video=youtube]

I thought you remembered your posts.

Oh well. No use arguing with someone who doesn't want help.

The important thing is the result. If you get results thinking the way you are doing right now, fine (and if you're not, then of course it's not fine). I'm content with my way of thinking; because it works.

VanillaCreme said:
What Dessa said. The guy I like is 5'10... His height doesn't matter to me, and I love tall guys. My ex was 6'8. And I'm 5'8, 5'9. But you never know what's going to go down.

what???????????????

6'8 thats long :D

but i cant say what girls think

but to some ppl it do but its not what matters,some girl think its cute some dont

so ya its hard to come to a point

firebird85 said:
You can't expect to get anything out of something like positive thinking if you have no foundation to build off of. Confidence only if you have something backing you up. NOT out of THIN AIR. No amount of confidence will save you from getting rejected. You could have all the confidence in the world. You can't be positive if you have nothing backing you up. Same for confidence. This is what PUA preachers hate being called out for. I can sit here and "think positive" about getting that mechanic job.

But right there, your point is ultimately invalid.

First, you /can/ influence how likely you are to get that mechanic job. By presenting yourself better, including a positive attitude, you can change the likelihood of the outcome to be something you want(getting the job). Furthermore, you can also apply to more jobs, or otherwise influence the conditions of your financial security; I won't harp on this, but I am not in the current rather favorable position I am in because of random finger fiddling. You fight for what you want, and a large part of the battle is internal, not external.

Its not all that different with presenting yourself to women, either.

height is a big deal for me.....i know it's wrong.....and i know it doesn't make a lot of sense...but i did try being with a short guy.......and short people in general............i just have issues

Arcane said:
height is a big deal for me.....i know it's wrong.....and i know it doesn't make a lot of sense...but i did try being with a short guy.......and short people in general............i just have issues

No, its not wrong.

People should seek what makes them happy, and that obviously includes personal preferences. It is a disadvantage for guys who are shorter, including myself, but the world is not supposed to be fair anyway.

I don't think it's too bad.

I'm pretty average male height (the average in my country is 5' 10", I'm 5' 11"), I like wearing boots in the cold weather we have at the moment and they take me up to 6'-6' 1".

There are guys considerably shorter than me and guys considerably taller, but I really haven't seen it make any difference when it comes to relationships.

There are plenty of good looking, tall guys in my classes that are single. Same with good looking shorter guys.

Women are attracted to many other things. Do you dress and look attractive? Smell nice? Are you physically attractive and/or muscular? Many tall guys have a naturally skinny frame, while shorter guys are often bulkier.

There are exceptions of course (and a body shape can change with work and time), but that's often a pattern.

I know a much-taller-than-average guy and he works out like crazy but never really gains muscle mass, which he finds greatly frustrating. I've never been to a formal gym, but with around the same sort of effort I look and feel a good deal stronger.

Similarly I've seen guys a few inches shorter than me who are built like a brick wall and are probably physically attractive to girls.

Don't worry about your height. You have a lot of other characteristics that are both more important and changeable.

IgnoredOne said:
firebird85 said:
You can't expect to get anything out of something like positive thinking if you have no foundation to build off of. Confidence only if you have something backing you up. NOT out of THIN AIR. No amount of confidence will save you from getting rejected. You could have all the confidence in the world. You can't be positive if you have nothing backing you up. Same for confidence. This is what PUA preachers hate being called out for. I can sit here and "think positive" about getting that mechanic job.

But right there, your point is ultimately invalid.

First, you /can/ influence how likely you are to get that mechanic job. By presenting yourself better, including a positive attitude, you can change the likelihood of the outcome to be something you want(getting the job). Furthermore, you can also apply to more jobs, or otherwise influence the conditions of your financial security; I won't harp on this, but I am not in the current rather favorable position I am in because of random finger fiddling. You fight for what you want, and a large part of the battle is internal, not external.

Its not all that different with presenting yourself to women, either.

Exactly, confidence influences the amount and the way you approach women. Saying "no amount of confidence is going to make a woman change her mind about you" is not an argument when people with zero confidence do not even go out of the way to see if a woman is interested in the first place. Confidence is for a part seeing the things that back you up, it's not just being Mr. smooth guy. And it is completely the same for solicitations or any other type of activity which requires you to present yourself. I've seen guys with literally no decent qualities other than the ones they present hauling in good positions or hooking up with incredible ladies.

Being a 5'2” adult male I have story after story of rejection and at times humiliation. Nothing has been more humbling to me than being rejected again and again based on something I can do nothing about. To most women, it really does not matter what my inner qualities are, because my height kills the deal before it even starts. The hardest thing for me to accept has been that I'm considered unattractive by most women because of how short I am. I've known it to be true on the surface level, but never really let it sink in until recently, I always tried to deny it.

I have been married, I have had other relationships and dates. To get a chance though I have to go through legions of women who would never be interested. Right now I wonder how long I will have to wait again.

I'm not complaining in what I'm saying, it just is the truth of the matter. When I read or hear about a woman saying she “prefers” tall men, my natural reaction is to not like her as a person. I know that might be lousy of me to not like someone because of a personal preference they have. I know that's wrong and does not make a lot of sense, I just have issues.

NECRONOMANCER AT WORK!

I'd like to point out that this is less true than it was. In an age where dating is A LOT ( I won't say exclusively, but it's my understanding there has never been more users or demand than dating websites right now, including the much younger and tech saavy, always too busy younger generation) on social media or internet based platforms, where, by it's very nature, the artificial becomes commonplace and almost a sole criteria of selection (for lack of having the actual person in front of you in all it's shinning colors, or lack thereof) ,short men will be at a disadvantage. Probably not so much in usual situations, but if emphasis keeps going the way it does, it will be a disadvantage.
Much in the same way girls who don't look like Playboy posters will be at a disadvantage. When you breed fickle, you get fickle.
Hopefully it's a trend that will go on declining, but it doesn't seem statistically likely.

Playboy posters? How old are you? Hahahaha

From a biological standpoint it is and, possibly, always will be a disadvantage. Disadvantage doesn't mean defeat, though...

A depressingly large % say they like to feel "protected" by a man much taller than them, very short women in particular. Even average height (177cm over here) will have you fall below the preference range of a lot of people online, which depending on the site means your profile will be effectively invisible.

Disadvantage would be if you are tall like me, most females I was in love with were 162-165cm. xD And I'm like 25cm higher. xD

ShyNLonely said:
Disadvantage would be if you are tall like me, most females I was in love with were 162-165cm. xD And I'm like 25cm higher. xD

:)
I'm 5'10, so I'll admit it's never been much of a thing to me. I got to ask though.
As a tall man like yourself, do you LIKE shorter women or would you like more often to date someone closer to your own size? Although I realize tall women are less plentiful.
I mean, my daughters are so short, personally couldn't fathom anymore kneeling down to a girl that size.

I don't have criterions in terms of size/tallness ... I fell in love with people who are close to me, know how to handle me, and make me feel loved and confortable. :D It was just pure luck that all these girls were like 162-165. XD If I had like criterions in that part, ofc tall women are like top tier I guess, but I really don't care about height.

I'm honest to a fault, so....The majority of women prefer tall men. I'm only 5'3, but I've always been attracted to super tall men with big... hands;) My friends and family used to tell me that I was being too picky and ruling out a lot of great guys based on height. I agreed, so I dated some guys that weren't considered tall. They had just as many faults as the tall guys, so I wondered why the hell I didn't just stick to what I'm attracted to. I did have one FWB who was short. He had so much inner anger about being short. He was constantly talking about it "not being fair" and all of the discrimination he faced as a short man. That was a HUGE turn-off, so I quit talking to him. To wrap up this ramble, I'll just say, try to find any way you can to make it a non-issue in your mind. Usually, when our perceived faults aren't an issue for us, they're not for others either. That's all I got. I'd like bigger tits and a pony, if that makes you feel better:)

You're in luck! It is my pleasure to inform you that you can actually buy bigger tits... AND A PONY!

kamya said:
You're in luck! It is my pleasure to inform you that you can actually buy bigger tits... AND A PONY!

No way! So THAT'S what that "money" stuff I keep hearing about does! I've just been eating it. Boy do I feel foolish. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back