Shortest internet date ever.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Tiina63

We've spoken in the past and you're a lovely person. This Scott/Pete fellow (note: not a man) sounds like a childish, disrespectful and self-absorbed individual. From what I gather he would have done your confidence more harm than good and you are far better off without him.

Sadly there are going to be idiots like that out there but why let them come between you and happiness? Keep your head held high and don't look back.

Thank you Lost Drifter for your kindness and support. I hope that we can maybe message now and then in future as I found that as we have situations in common, it was helpful to share experiences.

Urrrghhh he sounds disgusting.

I know it's easy just to say 'forget him, he's not worth it' but things like that doesn't help your self-esteem.
However I always believe people that base potential partners solely on their looks are never truly going to find a compatible match. They will pass people by that may be their ideal partner and I feel sometimes attraction comes with getting to know someone.

Anyways, sorry to hear he made you feel like this but he sounds like an absolute ********* and I wouldn't spend a moment more thinking about him, get back on that horse and search for your mr right. :)

Tiina63 said:
I have just arrived back from a first meeting which lasted all of twenty seconds and am feeling half totally worthless and half angry. We had arranged to meet at a local visitor's centre where he had offered to buy me a cup of tea and we both arrived at the same time. I approached him and asked if he was Pete (not his real name) as he was obviously looking around for someone in the way you do when meeting a stranger and because I recognised his glasses from his photo. He said that he wasn't Pete. Then he came up to me a minute later and said that he was Pete, that I didn't look like my photo and that it wouldn't work. (Other dates I have met have recognised me from my photo). I feel completely worthless because he thought I wasn't good looking enough for him (like many women, I don't have much confidence in my looks) and also very angry with him for going so much on looks in the first place and for being so abrupt. I have met some people on internet dates who I haven't liked for various reasons, but I have at least had the decency and the manners to see the meeting through. It has left me feeling really sad and down on myself.

He sounds like a horrible person, you're best off without that kind of person.

I know that doesn't help though. I would have my confidence bashed if someone did that to me. In fact, it's precisely why I would never consider a blind date because I am afraid that kind of thing would happen.

It's not you that is worthless, he's the one with the problem. Ok, if he didn't find you attractive, there is no excuse to be that rude to someone.

Minty said:
he's the one with the problem. Ok, if he didn't find you attractive, there is no excuse to be that rude to someone.

+1 He could treat you like a friend. Instead he made you feel worthless, and that really bothers me.

Latest posts

Back