Show us your axe!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mintymint

Reaction score
I recently decided to sell off some of my guitars (I haven't really been playing for several years now) and I got to wondering what other ALL members are rocking out on :D I don't care if it's a guitar or a glockenspiel, show us your instruments! Here are mine:

2lwnaki.jpg

This is a custom Flying V I put together back in high school. It still plays like a dream.

11qlh5e.jpg

This one is by Tokai Guitars in Japan. It has an aluminum body!

359ke4m.jpg

My Strat with '58 specials

zlu5ms.jpg

My Strat with Texas Specials

34sqg3q.jpg

And my '76 Yamaha

lol, when I clicked on this thread I expected to see axes used to cut down trees :p. The thought of it creeeped me out until I saw you were talking about guitars.

mintymin said:
And my Strat with Texas Specials

Haha looks just like mine! :p

I'll get some pics of my instruments and post 'em later tonight, I promise. :)

----Steve

This thread calls to me.

The following picture demonstrates two things... The first is a good explanation why musicians are poor. It's not that we're paid poorly, it's that we somehow manage to spend it very easily. The second is that there are lots of good left handed guitars :)

Carvin6.jpg

Not shown is my Larivee Acoustic and an SG.

I swear I'm done buying them :)

Haha...alright. My stuff looks like crap compared to you guys's....but oh well. ^_^

instruments1.jpg

This is my drumset. It's a simple setup and a bit of a beater, but it sounds darn good to me.

instruments3.jpg

Here's my Squire...I don't have any REALLY good guitars, as I'm not primarily a strings guy.

No point in showing my Strat, as it's just about the same as minty's. Same color, too. :p\

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
No point in showing my Strat, as it's just about the same as minty's. Same color, too. :p\

hahaha... there's just something about that arctic white... and Talus, love the archtop!

mintymint said:
Badjedidude said:

hahaha... there's just something about that arctic white... and Talus, love the archtop!

Thanks, it's got a rather special place in my heart too. It was given to me by my dad because while it may have taken over 20 years, but we finally had something in common. It was also kind of the turning point at which I realized I could take a hobby I loved and turn it into something more.

And,there are never... ever too many pictures of Arctic White strats.

IMG_1312.jpg

gt8.jpg

ovation.jpg

practice.jpg

hahahaaaaa..I belive my guitars caused me a marriage....
Chelle got totally pissed when I brought home the RR. :(

I had another RR, Exployer and a Warlock..
I had a Gibson Les Paul when i was in HS...I got retarded and sold it. It's probably worth $4000-$5000 by now..

I have another Ovation...people seen it before.
I still have my create stack from way back when. It's in storage.
A friend gave me a Squire a couple of weeks ago. It need strings

hahahaaaa...most of my recordings are done on the warlock...it's the freaken cheapest guitar out of them all...but I adjusted the innotations and neck rod.
it has the sweetest action. I compensate with the GT-8 to get the tones I like. i bought it as a practice guitar so if I ding it..it's not a big deal but i got comfortiable playing it.
The last song I recorded I used the Ibanez...it's really an awesume sounding guitar. It's an RG320DX. The license FloyRose is different then on the jacksons or other Rg320..
It has a fast neck with jumbo frets like the Kelly. 24 frets.

The RR has an Ash body..it's super light...but not the greatest tone on the world...
The Kelly has a maple body..it's like a brick..just like a les pual.lol
It has great tones. Sounds sweets when i go clean...and has the punch when I go dirty.

Some people trip when i tell them..I used a warlock to record this..lmao

You poor guys have G.A.S.. It's a terrible disorder which will eventually suck all the cash from your wallet and give you delusions of rockstar grandeur.

Get help now!!

:p

cheaptrickfan said:
You poor guys have G.A.S.. It's a terrible disorder which will eventually suck all the cash from your wallet and give you delusions of rockstar grandeur.

Get help now!!

Errr...I have it the PFS.
She sucks all the money outta me wallet And then some.
When I'm strok'in her,
she say. " I ma take the gold card oki doki?"
I say ..." yes..yes..yes...I ma give it to you."
She say " you love me, don't ya?"....
I say "yes...yes...yes...all 4 u"

Meh. I cannot find my camera to take a picture of my guitar. So here is a video of somebody playing a guitar just like mine. I, unfortunately, cannot play. At all. I bought it a year ago with the intention of learning, but never have had the time.

[youtube]W6Xi8eCvvuA[/youtube]

It's a wonderful talent to be able to play a guitar. I tried to many years ago. Someone in the family had a guitar lying around and after walking past it for like the gazzillionth time, I decided to give it a go.

*twang twang twang*

I have much respect for your folks who can actually play coz my fingers hurt like *crosses eyes*...like it was on fire, after I *twanged* a few times. Yeeeeeouwwwwch. They say you'll develop rough skin on the fingers after a while but I couldn't even last past 2 tries :p

I have a sword hanging over my bed....but I won't show it because it's neither an axe nor a musical instrument...lol :p

Come to think of it, having it hanging over my bed probably isn't the best of ideas. One of these days I'm going to wake up impaled by my sword....or not wake up. :p

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
I have a sword hanging over my bed....

Come to think of it, having it hanging over my bed probably isn't the best of ideas. One of these days I'm going to wake up impaled by my sword....or not wake up. :p

----Steve

epiphanies are great arent they?

meh, when you sleep youre doing it 'hardcore x-games' style. --stay tuned, up next we've got crazy steve tempting fate once again as he lays his head on a comfortable pillow, right below the menacing weight of the blade of death.. will he wake up in the morning with a bigger problem than 'bed hair'.. you won't want to miss this one folks.. our betting booth is now open on line 3! -- lol

Latest posts

Back