Sick :(

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelySutton

Reaction score
Oh yes, I just want to whine right now.

(1) First I am sick. Never even saw it coming but think it might have happened Sunday night. Sunday night I had one of the worst nightmares that I have ever had IN MY LIFE. Really terrifying. And typically I don't have those unless I have a fever. Never thought much of it, but woke up with a sore throat. I went to work.

(2) Yesterday at work, I felt horrible. In addition to the store throat, I felt dizzy and cold even though it was warm. When I got home I had a 101.5 fever.

(3) I HATE being sick when you are alone. It was extremely hard getting into bed last night and of course, I had very little food. Thank god I had gotten medication this weekend. Makes you think about what is going to happen if you have a serious illness or operation.

(4) When I am sick, time slows down and, perhaps due to hallucination, I am overly emotional. I get to ruminate on how much I dislike my life and get comfortable away from work. I just want to chuck it all. And quit work and sit on my couch.

(5) I hate with a passion the guilt and frustration I feel about having to go back to work. When I went to call out my boss had already e-mailed me to ask me if I could cover for someone else -- who was sick. I know, I know, nothing I could do, but I just feel like obviously when I return to work 2 days of work will be sitting in my box and certain people will be mad and thinking I was faking. Though I have a new work situation and my new boss is pretty cool I am just tired to death of *this*. Even when I was a kid if I was sick, going back to school wasn't that bad. People actually would help you and get your home work for you. Not at work.

just frustrated and hallucinating with a fever. ;(

LonelySutton said:
Oh yes, I just want to whine right now.

(1) First I am sick. Never even saw it coming but think it might have happened Sunday night. Sunday night I had one of the worst nightmares that I have ever had IN MY LIFE. Really terrifying. And typically I don't have those unless I have a fever. Never thought much of it, but woke up with a sore throat. I went to work.

(2) Yesterday at work, I felt horrible. In addition to the store throat, I felt dizzy and cold even though it was warm. When I got home I had a 101.5 fever.

(3) I HATE being sick when you are alone. It was extremely hard getting into bed last night and of course, I had very little food. Thank god I had gotten medication this weekend. Makes you think about what is going to happen if you have a serious illness or operation.

(4) When I am sick, time slows down and, perhaps due to hallucination, I am overly emotional. I get to ruminate on how much I dislike my life and get comfortable away from work. I just want to chuck it all. And quit work and sit on my couch.

(5) I hate with a passion the guilt and frustration I feel about having to go back to work. When I went to call out my boss had already e-mailed me to ask me if I could cover for someone else -- who was sick. I know, I know, nothing I could do, but I just feel like obviously when I return to work 2 days of work will be sitting in my box and certain people will be mad and thinking I was faking. Though I have a new work situation and my new boss is pretty cool I am just tired to death of *this*. Even when I was a kid if I was sick, going back to school wasn't that bad. People actually would help you and get your home work for you. Not at work.

just frustrated and hallucinating with a fever. ;(

What do these people normally expect out of you? In any event, it's their problem and not yours. At least your boss seems understanding.
I hope you feel better soon.

dear Lonelysutton I hope you feel better soon, count the days and it will soon be over

stork_error said:
I'm sick too :( I hope you feel better soon !

Thanks everyone. Hope everyone else who is sick feels better.

Interestingly the person who covered for this other sick worker was also out yesterday so I think everyone got sick. I hate getting sick.

Latest posts

Back