social goals for 2012

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
Thinking about 2011, in terms of my social life i feel like it was a positive year but I'm still far away from what I want.

The thing I like the most is that now I feel important. I feel like there are people there who do care about me and what I contribute. I feel like if I disapeared it wouldn't be the same without me. I feel necesary. Which is a quite good feeling, it makes me feel more confident and raises my self steem.

I think I'm just starting to re connect with the world... It's hard but I have to keep trying...

What I would really like this year is to make friends. Specially male friends so I can talk abut man stuff with them. And then if I could have someone/a group who would be willing to go to clubs with me that'd be great. That way we could hunt some pussey together lol... (I'm too shy to go by myself...)

Then I'm still afraid to approach girls... even having girls who are friends with me, I still find it hard... I can't even do it online! I have this website with my profile and there are messages saying "this girl wants to chat" and I do nothing cuz I'm too afraid... OF WHAT??? They aren't even in the same room as you!!! (I tell myself...).

So that's my update, I'll check this topic next yearto know exactly where I was at the begining.

Happy new year for everyone and all that honeysuckle :D

My biggest goal is to show LOTS of love and appreciation without expecting any in return. Admittedly, the thought of the only love I'll sense for the rest of my days in existence is that received from my mother and that I'd dish out to others draws a bit of a mental sigh. However, I wish to eradicate that idea being a concern. I don't want it to cross my mind, regardless of how things to turn out for me as the years continue to pass.

I just want to start living life again. It's been a long time since I've really done something for myself.

I would like to expand my social life and meet others who I really enjoy conversing with, sharing, etc. I want a few more REAL friends. I am doing that by going to meet ups I guess....and just being open.

Wow, you feel important. How nice. The only person I feel important to are my dogs, and my bf. Happy you.

This year I'm going to try and get over my preoccupation with self-destruction.

EDIT: Scratch that. I'm not going to try, I am going to get over my self-destructive behavior. I am going to gain my self-confidence and I will conquer my self-loathing. I realized today that the source of all my problems rest solely on me. I've been beating myself up my whole entire life and after the monumentally honeysuckle year that 2011 was, I can't let that happen again. 2012 is going to be my year dammit!

Good luck, mine is pretty much the same as yours. I always needed a wingman too but I had shitty friends that came to the bar with me and didn't care to help out. Some people say it's better to show up alone believe it or not.

Taylormeister said:
Good luck, mine is pretty much the same as yours. I always needed a wingman too but I had shitty friends that came to the bar with me and didn't care to help out. Some people say it's better to show up alone believe it or not.

That's true, good wingmans are hard to find.

I hope they are right about the alone thing...

Well good luck to you too.

My goal for this year is to start volunteering more of my time and engaging in more social activities (i.e. gym, hiking, active things like that). I figure if I'm surrounded by people most of the day, I'll get over my anxiety around them. I'll also (hopefully) focus less on myself when I'm helping others. The downside is that I already know this will be draining. It always is.

My goal for this year is to go out more. I find it that the longer you stay in, the more fearful or anxious you get when around people. Even if it's by myself(which I should do more often), I should go out. Maybe catch up with one of my friends ask if they are going somewhere, if so, can I tag along.

I also will be going back to the gym(which is a part of me going out), so yeah.

Put your mind to it Felix! :D

My goal is similar to yours, I need to find friends this year.

My goal is to control my anxiety especially my social anxiety so I can finally catch up with my friends, find out who my real friends are and maybe fall in love one day.

Latest posts

Back