Somebody likes me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's endearing and uplifting when someone likes us and finds us attractive, even if we don't necessarily reciprocate their feelings of attraction.

I admire you for being honest and up front with your feelings, Triple Bogey. It speaks very highly of you that even though you don't share these women's feelings, you are nice to them and will continue to be. That is the mark of a true gentleman.

I am happy for you that these women showed a special interest! Good on you for being the decent sort of person to treat them nicely and with respect.

While some of Triple Bogey's comments may seem harsh, there's still no reason why he should go out with someone he isn't interested in. He doesn't owe her that any more than the women who rejected him owed him. At least someone has found him attractive.

ardour said:
While some of Triple Bogey's comments may seem harsh, there's still no reason why he should go out with someone he isn't interested in. He doesn't owe her that any more than the women who rejected him owed him. At least someone has found him attractive.

I agree with this. Very harsh, but at least he's honest.

And, Bogey, this may or may not have already been asked... But... Since this lady was so obvious and so apparent in her intentions, and quite frankly perhaps a tad bit pushy, do you think that if she were more subtle, you would have consider in the tiniest amount?

ardour said:

I agree totally. TB isn't obligated to go out with anyone he finds repulsive. It sounds like there hasn't been a rude rejection so it's not really up to us to judge. I've been out with guys that I realized I wasn't attracted to as the evening wore on and that's a very bad situation to find oneself in, particularly when the other person is expecting more. Better not to lead them on.

-Teresa

I'm going back to the OP:

Triple Bogey said:
It's not the first time a woman like this has asked me out. What does that say about me ?

What does it say about you? Absolutely nothing. Let it pass and move on.

What I do find interesting is that you don't take that as a compliment. I've had women, who I wasn't particularly interested in, be very forward with me, and even though I never dated them, I still sat back later and thought, "Yep. Someone thinks I'm hot." I would think you could take something positive from that. Yeah?

Case said:
What I do find interesting is that you don't take that as a compliment. I've had women, who I wasn't particularly interested in, be very forward with me, and even though I never dated them, I still sat back later and thought, "Yep. Someone thinks I'm hot." I would think you could take something positive from that. Yeah?

Yeah. No woman has ever, under any circumstances, indicated that they liked me. I'd be flattered. Chuffed really.

Triple Bogey said:
At work this woman, a new starter.
This other woman at work told me. She said I should go out with her.
I don't like this woman who likes me. In fact there isn't anything I like about her. I won't list her faults but she has a lot.

A few things to think about -

I knew she liked me. I never wondered. It was obvious. Other colleagues ribbed me from the day she started. It was like they knew already. People talked about us. People made fun. This woman talked to me, always asked how I was. Always asked if I was going out. She fished for information. She dropped hints. It was quite blatant.

The opinion of the woman who told me was I should give her a chance. Funny none of the women I have asked out in the past were willing to give me a chance.

She got somebody to ask me out on her behalf and she acted quickly, a few weeks. We added each other on facebook but she hasn't 'liked' anything I have put on there. The only thing she did was delete her photo. Yet me adding her on facebook seemed a big deal, she asked me a few times to do it.

It's all around the shop. Other staff have said I shouldn't have anything to do with her. One literally begged me not to. One said if she liked somebody she wouldn't have the courage to do anything about it. (I wonder if she was a bit jealous because she acted really funny on Wednesday. She was back to normal today)

The woman who likes me has nothing going for her. Looks or personality. She doesn't seem to make much of an effort. Always moaning, always upset about something. Always unhappy or depressed. It's not the first time a woman like this has asked me out. What does that say about me ?

It's a drag and I can do without it.

An update

I found out today from several people that she has multiple men friends from all over the country. All of them are sexual partners. (She told people at work)

Glad I wasn't interested.

So she isn't the shy woman who has a crush. Far from it.

I'm not saying your co-workers are lying, but you should never take a story you hear at it's word unless you hear it from the source. Things get exaggerated and that's how vicious rumors get started.
You already said they are mean when they talk about her, it wouldn't be a big stretch to make something like that up.

As I said, I'm not saying they are or aren't lying, I'm just saying be careful what you believe unless it's directly from the source.

Are we talking about High School? Or Work? Whoa. This post makes me happy I don't work there and if I did, I wouldnt talk to anyone!

Case said:
I'm going back to the OP:

Triple Bogey said:
It's not the first time a woman like this has asked me out. What does that say about me ?

What does it say about you? Absolutely nothing. Let it pass and move on.

Now I know more about her (She picks up men for sex) - I don't take it as a compliment that she likes me.

But hey ho - I have very little interest in the matter to be honest.

TheRealCallie said:
I'm not saying your co-workers are lying, but you should never take a story you hear at it's word unless you hear it from the source. Things get exaggerated and that's how vicious rumors get started.
You already said they are mean when they talk about her, it wouldn't be a big stretch to make something like that up.

As I said, I'm not saying they are or aren't lying, I'm just saying be careful what you believe unless it's directly from the source.

She bought some condoms. The staff couldn't believe it. Out in the open like that. She's mentioned her 'man friends' - at least three of them.

But yes your right things do get exaggerated a lot. She isn't the shy woman who has a crush that some of you thought. If it was like that I would have felt sorry for her. But she has plenty of male friends.

RockerChick said:
Are we talking about High School? Or Work? Whoa. This post makes me happy I don't work there and if I did, I wouldnt talk to anyone!

work

As a "tall and bigger women" I find it distressful to think some people would find me "repulsive."
I don't take what TB said personally, and while his honestly might be refreshing to some, anyone reading this thread that falls into that "taller and bigger" category.... well, I'm sure I don't need to say anything more.

Triple Bogey said:
Now I know more about her (She picks up men for sex) - I don't take it as a compliment that she likes me.

She bought some condoms. The staff couldn't believe it. Out in the open like that. She's mentioned her 'man friends' - at least three of them.

But yes your right things do get exaggerated a lot. She isn't the shy woman who has a crush that some of you thought. If it was like that I would have felt sorry for her. But she has plenty of male friends.

No, you THINK you know more about her. Stop assuming, just because you heard a rumor (which is what it is if you didn't hear it directly)

I'm sorry, what is wrong with buying condoms? I've bought condoms before, does that mean I'm a whore or whatever you think of this woman?
Ever think maybe she was buying them for someone else or buying them just so people wouldn't think she couldn't get a guy? Or maybe they were mean to her when they told her that you didn't want to go out with her, so she was overcompensating and trying to save some of her pride in the wrong way.

You still don't know her. You know what people told her, you base your assumptions on looks and rumors. That's a bad habit to get into.

TheRealCallie said:
Triple Bogey said:

No, you THINK you know more about her. Stop assuming, just because you heard a rumor (which is what it is if you didn't hear it directly)

I'm sorry, what is wrong with buying condoms? I've bought condoms before, does that mean I'm a whore or whatever you think of this woman?
Ever think maybe she was buying them for someone else or buying them just so people wouldn't think she couldn't get a guy? Or maybe they were mean to her when they told her that you didn't want to go out with her, so she was overcompensating and trying to save some of her pride in the wrong way.

You still don't know her. You know what people told her, you base your assumptions on looks and rumors. That's a bad habit to get into.

just pickle off.

I am not interested in your opinions anyway.

I am right in this situation and you are wrong.
Just live with it. I am not adding anything more to this so don't write any other comments because I am not going to read your rubbish.

Triple Bogey said:
TheRealCallie said:
Triple Bogey said:

just pickle off.

I am not interested in your opinions anyway.

I am right in this situation and you are wrong.
Just live with it. I am not adding anything more to this so don't write any other comments because I am not going to read your rubbish.

Nah, I don't feel like taking a vinegar bath, thanks. And I also don't feel like taking orders from you about where I can and cannot post.

You're not interested in my opinions because they don't gel with yours. That doesn't mean you are right, it just means you refuse to budge on what you THINK is correct. Another bad habit to get into, really.

Triple Bogey said:

Why can't you see the positive side of things?
[video=youtube]

Case said:

Agreed.

If it is clear she was not toying with you, you should take it as some kind of compliment. Women will not usually show interest in men they don't care for. It's quite obvious that you have *some* quality she liked, and that's a good thing.

Case said:
Triple Bogey said:

[video=youtube]

in most cases I do.

Look I aren't that bothered about this. Lets drop it, it is not worth talking about.

Triple Bogey said:

Damnnnnnn, that's a real sin to be buying condoms out in the open like that, I guess people are gonna talk, especially if you're one of us single types who likes to have a good romp in the sack on occasion.

If I make it to your neck of the woods some day please let me know the name of your shop so I can avoid it, there's a good chance I might need to buy some condoms and I wouldn't want to shock anyone who's so easily troubled.

I've got friends of the bigger, taller body type, can't say I see anything wrong with them but then I like all kinds :D

A couple of people at work told me she went berserk yesterday. Smashed a few things up in the warehouse and then burst in tears.
No apparent reason. Obviously she has issues and problems. I made the right decision. Even the lass who tried to pair us together said I 'could do better' and she was 'quite nasty'

I hope she gets help and feels better soon but yeah I was right and some people on here were wrong.

Latest posts

Back