Something selfless that you did today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up litter left around my local park. I presume kids left it there since its all energy drinks and crisp packets, but once upon a time, I was one of those kids. I had no idea why it was important to keep my environment tidy, so I'd just throw my rubbish anywhere. You can consider this my penance.

Offered to take on a classmate's portion of group work. Guy seems to have lost his books over the weekend, but he's always done his share before.

Tealeaf said:
Offered to take on a classmate's portion of group work. Guy seems to have lost his books over the weekend, but he's always done his share before.

This tells me that you seem to be a considerate and thoughtful person.

BeyondShy said:
Tealeaf said:

This tells me that you seem to be a considerate and thoughtful person.

Doesn't feel like it these days, but thanks. It's nice to be in a place where people do their share of work whenever possible.

Was helping a relative at home, and my daughter came to find me with her friend. She had seen a woman in her car asleep on her steering wheel parked up a bit strange. I asked if she was ok and they said they didn't want to get too close in case it was some kind of scam. So walked down to where this car was which was on a main road, but no other houses nearby. Got to the car and could her slumped on her wheel. The engine was still running. I knocked on the passenger window and no response. So tried the passenger door which opened and said "Hello" . She came too and lifted her head up, but looked very vacant. I asked her is she was feeling ok and she just looked at me. Luckily I had took my phone in case. So I rang for an Ambulance. My brother turned up because I had been gone a while and he turned the engine off while I was trying to talk to her, but she couldn't talk. Her phone rang and she tried to answer, but couldn't do it, but managed to hand it to me. It was her husband and he just asked where we were and said he would be right there. A police car happened to come past and stopped to help us, and the officer took some details and finaly the ambulance arrived. They left shortly after and the police told us to get home and he would wait for the husband.

I hope she will be ok.

That's some amazing sounding story. Do you have any idea what was wrong with her or did your part in the story end when you helped her? It would be nice to know if she's OK.

PS. I remember the dude who started this thread... he was AWESOME.

1122 said:
That's some amazing sounding story. Do you have any idea what was wrong with her or did your part in the story end when you helped her? It would be nice to know if she's OK.

PS. I remember the dude who started this thread... he was AWESOME.

It was quite surreal, no idea, I did wonder if it was what I had dealt with the other day, or possibly she was diabetic. She wasn't well at all. We left after she was put in the ambulance and the police had all the details they needed from us. I don't think I will ever find out what happened to her, sadly.

Oh yeah I know the dude who started this thread. He was Awesome and still is!

Solivagant said:
Serenia said:
He was Awesome and still is!

I'll second that! =]

It's awfully nice of you both to say so. I should fish for compliments more often ;)

Fishing for compliments in the selfless acts thread... I have no shame.

Helped a young mother carry her buggy up to the train platform cause the elevators were broken.

She did ask me to while I was sitting in the lobby with my earphones, focused on watching a series. But I helped immediately....it doesn't count if they ask, does it? You'd have to be really dickish to decline that request.

Rodent said:
Helped a young mother carry her buggy up to the train platform cause the elevators were broken.

She did ask me to while I was sitting in the lobby with my earphones, focused on watching a series. But I helped immediately....it doesn't count if they ask, does it? You'd have to be really dickish to decline that request.

It still counts. You also would not believe the amount of people that have no trouble whatsoever in declining such requests. I've witnessed several people refuse to help heavily pregnant women and old people; and then become abusive if pressed.

1122 said:
Rodent said:

It still counts. You also would not believe the amount of people that have no trouble whatsoever in declining such requests. I've witnessed several people refuse to help heavily pregnant women and old people; and then become abusive if pressed.

Phew...now I don't know what to think about that. I wouldn't ever refuse unless I was severely out of time (which I never am) or if the person seems awfully sketchy, but you can tell by the nature of the request mostly. Consequence:

Faith in myself: +1
Faith in humanity: -5

Not the bargain I had hoped for.

spent two hours and half to make a train ticket for a friend who apparently is too sick to make it herself online, but I think it doesn't count because I grunted all the time, as I was late for something else - not completely selfless..

Donated to the canned food drive at a local garden's Halloween party. Stayed and smiled at the kids for a bit, got some free ice cream, and went on my way.

I took 4 cakes in to the bank for the ladies that work there. I had a bit of spare money and the cards I mailed cost much less than I had anticipated, so I thought I'd do something nice for them...

I should probably mention that one of those aforementioned ladies is my mother, but I didn't have to buy everybody else one, I just wanted to make them feel appreciated.

Let's bring this thread back:

One of my friends has been having an issue with some academic regulations in our country that eventually led to him getting into a very annoying situation. Spent over three hours explaining how it works and trying to cheer him up and giving up sport practice to make sure he was okay.

popcorn on the carpet floor. picked it up. threw in the trash. no one looking. yes! i must be banking in heaven!

Made an anonymous donation towards the wedding preparations of a man whom I loved immensely but he chose another girl (his current fiancée) because i had some issues.

Latest posts

Back