Soul Mates

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I simply want to know if the husband is still her soulmate too or if LifePath has stripped him of that status.....

ManitobaBrit70 said:
As I said previously leaving him is not an option.

He is my soul mate! But the only part of it is we don’t mate! And I’ve gone 10 years without sex so far which is surely a sign that I love him. And I won’t ever resent him because I knew he was gay when I married him.

TheSkaFish said:
Rodent said:
It's pondscum, isn't it? Maybe I have played too much Elder Scrolls.

As an Argonian, or at least someone who will play one when they have time for Skyrim - I resent that!

....I never played as an Argonian and I thought I was versed, but I don't remember hearing about "pondscum" lol.
I guess my knowledge isn't as vast as I was led to believe.

That being said, I think you're both wrong. "Perpendiculary" has always been mired in controversy.

And to Callie;
"I simply want to know if the husband is still her soulmate too or if LifePath has stripped him of that status....."

I think it's safe to say that some people see soulmates as a several times a lifetime event. I can only speak for myself personally, but I'd never buy into the whole soulmate idea with someone I haven't really met in real life, a week or two after meeting them and over the phone. Best case, they're "interesting enough to date". Mainly because, well, at 38...I'm not 16 anymore.
BUT, you know my motto. Freedom of choice and all that. I hope I'm wrong, of course and they get themselves a flock of little munchkins running around, even if I seriously doubt wether that'll be the case.

One thing they haven't mentionned on this thread that I've seen, though; they met on here, ergo this site and the people on it. "Thank you" might have been a better sendoff, IMO. I've only seen one person send ill wishes, yet we were all grouped and shot down as a unit. Hardly the kind of reaction I feel appropriate to the circumstances.

But you know what? I've been shot at before. Somehow I think I'll get over it ;-)
On the upside, NOW I feel we're all one big happy, almost functional family. It's under fire that you get the most bonds....right? Right?
......hello? Anyone there?

*ECHO*

Richard_39 said:
I think it's safe to say that some people see soulmates as a several times a lifetime event. 

Generous.

Richard_39 said:
On the upside, NOW I feel we're all one big happy, almost functional family. It's under fire that you get the most bonds....right? Right?
......hello? Anyone there?

*ECHO*

Give it a week.

I seem to have this pecuilar inkling that this relationship might not end well. I couldn't imagine why...

TheRealCallie said:
Paraiyar said:
I seem to have this pecuilar inkling that this relationship might not end well. I couldn't imagine why...

But but but....they do everything together.  Including being immature and getting banned :eek:

For that reason i think they'll last a while. They're both far gone. 
But younger guy will realise sooner or later what's up, and then i do hope they return here to put up the resulting shitshow.

TheRealCallie said:
Paraiyar said:

But but but....they do everything together.  Including being immature and getting banned :eek:

....kind of romantic, in a way. I never got banned with anyone before. Nobody loves me enough! :-(

Richard_39 said:
TheRealCallie said:
Paraiyar said:

....kind of romantic, in a way. I never got banned with anyone before. Nobody loves me enough! :-(

I was banned A LOT on my first account.  I know I was keeping track back then, but I don't recall the number.  It was at least over 100 times.  Good times.

Oh yes, the p word....it certainly wasn't paciferous. :O

So let's hear the roll-call of excuses and rationalizations when a 47 year old man/21 year old woman get together. "She's an adult!" "Who are we to judge?"

Somehow I think not.

ardour said:
So let's hear the roll-call of excuses and rationalizations when a 47 man/21 year old woman get togethor. "She's an adult!" "Who are we to judge?"

Somehow I think not.

My grandparents were only 18 years apart, but my grandfather was the older one.   She was 18, he was 36 and this was back in the 50's....
My brother's ex-wife is dating a guy that is a few decades older than her. She seems to gravitate toward older men. But, she's not 21.
I have a friend who got together with a guy 24 years old than her when she was around 21.

ardour said:
So let's hear the roll-call of excuses and rationalizations when a 47 year old man/21 year old woman get together. "She's an adult!" "Who are we to judge?"

Somehow I think not.

I don't know about that.  A lot of guys would say that the guy in this hypothetical scenario hit the jackpot.

“Soul mates” is basically a bunch of arse. Of course people are more or less suited towards each other, but the idea of a soul mate in a world of 7 billion people is ridiculous.

Not that it’s likely but I’d run a mile if anyone told me that. Right up there with astrology and the concept of fate.

BTW what happens when this guy eventually wants to have kids?

Anyway – all the best!

Honestly though, the first thing I would ask if it was the guy that was older would probably be about money...as in the ***** be a gold digger. Which is actually quite strange being as I know at least 3 younger women with older men and the men don't have any money. lol

Congratulations! I recently had thought I found something similar but when it ended it was soul crushing.  The only thing I can say is the one thing i have learned over the last several years  "You never have as much time with anyone as you think you do". 

So enjoy and I sincerely hope for you and everyone else lucky enough to have found it, that it last forever.

ardour said:
“Soul mates” is basically a bunch of arse. Of course people are more or less suited towards each other, but the idea of a soul mate in a world of 7 billion people is ridiculous.

Not that it’s likely but I’d run a mile if anyone told me that. Right up there with astrology and the concept of fate.  

BTW what happens when this guy eventually wants to have kids?

Anyway – all the best!

That being said, I'd like to point out that "arse" is the most brilliant word ever invented :D

ARSE!!!!!!

She already had a kid, I believe. I wonder how all that will play out.

ardour said:
Richard_39 said:
ARSE!!!!!!

What did you call me!?

You heard me :D

Actually, it was a generic Arse!. Although I sure wouldn't mind a specific arse, you need to remember I wouldn't specifically target YOUR arse. In fact, I have a precise arse in mind sometimes. Mind you, she isn't an arse, but...what an arse.

hehehehe... :D

Latest posts

Back