Spaced Out Feeling

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimonT

Reaction score
Does anybody get this, or has ever heard of this. Only happens now and again, very rarely actually, but has happened today, and I feel a little spaced out, my visions a bit off (but then do wear glasses, might be an eye thing) but now and again when this is happened, will stutter my words when I'm talking, and feel just a bit strange and can't think straight. A little bit hyper actually, but not majorly. Only happens sometimes, but don't feel with it when it happens. Makes me think I have bi-polar or something. Is it an anxiety related thing. Weird.

I don't know about being bi polar, that would be for a professional to decide. I feel like that sometimes, usually don't have vision problems, I wear glasses too, but I'll feel spaced out usually forgetting what I was doing. Come to think of it I haven't had a problem stuttering for awhile, that or no one has made fun of me for it so I haven't noticed. Don't really get hyper though, get more frustrated. Could be related to anxiety, depends on what you are dealing with. If you are really concerned you should contact your family physician, if you have one, and speak to them.

The closest thing that happens to me is either getting dizzy because I haven't eaten yet so I can't think clearly, or sleeping without me realizing. I was once in a 3 hour trip by car, the first thing I saw before leaving was my house and a few minutes later I suddenly arrived. Which brings me the question, what the heck happened? My mom said I was asleep. When?

I space out all the time, like being in my own world. I do it when I am tired or stressed. I've done it at school before and I had a student snap his fingers and say "Hey snap out of it!"

I don't really know what causes it, but I don't think it's a problem.

Anxiety. Trust me, it's anxiety. I have suffered from this for years, and I have seen professionals and they have assured me it's nothing serious and that everybody gets these feelings from time to time, although it can become uncomfortable and stressful if it's happening a lot.

I used to work full-time in a busy, busy newspaper office and I would get anxiety attacks from time to time - if you don't know what is happening, it can actually be quite scary and strange. Experiences and symptoms vary from person to person. For me, it would happen suddenly - fine one moment, then suddenly feeling that the world around me has become hazy and distant, almost like I've stepped one foot through another dimension and the 'real' world is far away; weird vision disturbances, like feeling like you're looking down through a distorted tunnel, things are shimmery and wavery, feeling dizzy; sound disturbances - in our office was a large clock - normally, you would never really hear the ticking of a clock amongst all the other sounds of a busy office but when I was in the middle of an attack, all the quiet sounds would become really loud and everything else would become muffled. Heheh!! Honestly for me, it's sometimes like falling through the proverbial rabbit hole into Wonderland...;)

Anyway, I had a really understanding boss and he would just let me slip away for a few minutes to somewhere quiet and calm, and all those symptoms would slowly disappear. Just remember to breathe deeply when you're feeling spacey, stay calm and relaxed and you should be fine. :)

It sounds like anxiety to me as well, or maybe low blood pressure. Either way, it would be a good idea to check with your doctor in order to put your mind at rest.

For me it happens a lot when I get less than 5 hours sleep per night.

I would think former addiction problems can play into this as well.. nobody goes through addiction with the same exact nervous system they had before it. Although, that is just my opinion, YMMV.

Latest posts

Back