Stress and Health

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelight

Reaction score
Due to alot of stress as of late, I believe it might be taking a toll on my body and not just my mind. I keep losing my appetite and I'm losing alot of sleep. I'm plagued frequently by tension headaches. So far I haven't slept in a full 24 hours (maybe more) and I haven't eaten in about two days. The headaches, well I hear that's what stress can do so yeah. Now my question is, are there better ways to fix this than by medication? I am on antidepressants but they aren'ts SUPPOSED to take away appetite so I try to rule those out if I can. I really am not too fond of medication, I try to avoid it if possible, but if there really isn't too much that I can do otherwise than what medication would be best suited for me? I'm not quite sure where else to put this topic because it's not related to loneliness really, but rather stress as a whole. I hope not too many mind. I just don't have any friends that have really dealt with this problem. Thank you for reading.

I have problems with the same things. I don't sleep or eat. Within the past 6 months I have lost nearly 50 lbs because of it. I know mine isn't so much stress related, but thought provoked. If you think a lot and most of it seems irrational, then you're like me. If that is the case or you want to know how I control it, let me know.

Exercise helps me.
You have to be motivated to do that in the first place though.
Sometimes when I go out on my bike I just don't feel like it or even enjoy it to begin with.
I only do it cos I go crazy being stuck in 24/7. But after mostly it makes me feel better.

So I exercise followed by a hot soak in the bath.

The only certain thing I can tell you is you should most differently stay away from alcohol to make yourself moor stress free.
Every time I have drank to feel better it made me feel a lot woes.
Not sure about meds cos I never took anything like that to feel better.

Exercise is a talisman. I did my usual running/skating routine this morning. The wind made the skate home a bit difficult but I was happy as usual that I went through with it all. My mind gets cleared and I FEEL the way I want to feel. Bitter feelings flee. Optimism kicks in. I can touch the new beginning I want.

So you think maybe getting some excercise would help fix myself? I would hope that excercise wouldn't possibly make me lose even more weight....I mean I think it's a good idea, it's just that with my lack of appetite I don't want to put myself in any kind of physical trouble....I've been thinking about getting a membership at a place near where I live called the KROC center where it's kinda like the YMCA...would that help?

Perhaps if you started excercising, you'd get more of an appetite? Not only because your body will be craving more energy, but also because physical activity releases those lovely little hormones that makes you feel better and happier. :)

At any rate, if you're worried about losing a lot of weight, you should force yourself to eat, appetite or no appetite.

Oh, and you know what else works wonders when you're stressed? Aroma therapy. It might be a little expensive, but it's totally worth it.

Equinox said:
Perhaps if you started excercising, you'd get more of an appetite? Not only because your body will be craving more energy, but also because physical activity releases those lovely little hormones that makes you feel better and happier. :)

At any rate, if you're worried about losing a lot of weight, you should force yourself to eat, appetite or no appetite.

Oh, and you know what else works wonders when you're stressed? Aroma therapy. It might be a little expensive, but it's totally worth it.

You know, that's funny cause I actually do burn incense. It does help the stress relief but not too much on earning back my apetite. I might just go for the excercise. It'll be tricky to get myself back into eating but I think the excercise should hopefully fix the sleep issue. I appreciate the help here. I really don't know where to go with this issue

Stress and health are correlated.

Medicine, exercise, sleep, all of that helps to minimize stress, but only you can completely stop it.

Exercise is a great start - if you're concerned with your weight, though, keep a notepad of your present weight, your daily caloric intake, and exercise to make sure that you're not overdoing it.

You also might want to realize that it goes both ways - you can become a lot less stressed once you do get your health into a better situation. Aim to get at least 4-5 hours of sleep, ideally closer to 7-8; eat well and keep to a routine. If you have a standard day, try to a large part of your calories for your breakfast as that'll serve you for the rest of the day.

You might want to talk to a nutritionist or a dietician for more detail. I can help a bit, too.

One thing I think would be a good thing to do if you do start exercising is that you start of doing very little.

That way if your body has not got enough food inside you wont pass out or anything like that and also you wont be seat there thinking I cant be bothered to do that to day. If its only a bit you have said you well do to yourself then your not asking to much from yourself. A little moor each time you feel like it is great. Just to do something like that 2 times a week can make you feel so much moor better about yourself.

I also thought the same as the others. You well probably wont to eat moor if your doing some sort of exercise.

Good luck and I hope it helps :)

Latest posts

Back