stupid questions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gyneco

Reaction score
1. How exactly should you tip your hairdresser? Is it supposed to be a hush-hush thing where you quietly slip the money into his/her hand or are you allowed to say "Here's your tip" out loud? I went to a beauty salon for the first time in years today and I wasn't sure how to do that, so I left without giving my hairdresser any tip and now I feel really bad about it. If necessary, I could go back tomorrow and drop off her $5.

2. What is the acceptable number of T-shirts to have? All of my current T-shirts look the same and no one can really tell that I only have 6 of them :p, but I'm thinking of upgrading my wardrobe and I'm not sure how many new T-shirts I'm supposed to have to avoid wearing the same things every week.

Over here we don't tip so I have no idea how to help you.

T Shirts are fine just get ones in various colours that should help.

gyneco said:
1. How exactly should you tip your hairdresser? Is it supposed to be a hush-hush thing where you quietly slip the money into his/her hand or are you allowed to say "Here's your tip" out loud? I went to a beauty salon for the first time in years today and I wasn't sure how to do that, so I left without giving my hairdresser any tip and now I feel really bad about it. If necessary, I could go back tomorrow and drop off her $5.

This is from http://www.essortment.com/all/propertippinge_rmuv.htm
At a salon: The standard amount for salon gratuity is 15% to 20% depending on the extent of the services, the skill of the stylist and whether or not you intend to frequent the establishment and the stylist again. Given all these factors are positive, you'll want to offer a tip in the 20% range. Don't overlook the people who shampoo your hair and those who get you coffee and magazines--they get at least a dollar for their services.

gyneco said:
2. What is the acceptable number of T-shirts to have? All of my current T-shirts look the same and no one can really tell that I only have 6 of them :p, but I'm thinking of upgrading my wardrobe and I'm not sure how many new T-shirts I'm supposed to have to avoid wearing the same things every week.
This all depends on YOU and what YOU are comfortable with. If they all look the same, then it really doesn't matter yanno .. but, a clean one for each day is always nice :D lol. Alternating things up a bit wouldn't hurt either .. and I'm almost certain people would notice and make comment right away :).

I don't think I am alone in saying this, but when someone compliments or mentions my clothes .. it kinda makes me feel all warm and tingley inside. Being noticed/complimented out of the blue, is sorta, fab! hehe

Me, I rarely wear something more than once a month (out in public, like to work or school), sometimes never again, but I'm just weird like that.

I notice when someone wears something often, and so I don't want people noticing it about me LOL; so I wear my clothing items so sparsely in rotation so that, unless they are really trying to catch me wearing it again, they'll not ever notice. But like I said, I am weird in the clothing area lol. I think mine is a sort of addiction of sorts.

1. don't bother about what you can't do. you can't go back to past.
give a tip if you visit again.

2. you do have about the same 6....so buy 4 new different one.
but I do wear one favorite one all the time. It is Che Guevara.
It will be great if you can find nice one with wits.
I hate ppl wear stupid T-shirts like ‘no credit’ or ‘juicy’ WTF.

gyneco said:
1. How exactly should you tip your hairdresser? Is it supposed to be a hush-hush thing where you quietly slip the money into his/her hand or are you allowed to say "Here's your tip" out loud?

I have it easy being a one person shop he runs the register also. I hand him the cost plus extra and walk off. He manages to figure out that it is a tip.

I dun tip my hairdresser but if I will to tip,I would do it quietly.Dun want to attract attention.

I am out of fashion so cannot help you with the second qn.

Latest posts

Back