Summarising problems

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woz

Reaction score
Okay basically I'm going to be silly and ask if this would be a good idea before trying it. This is because i hate spending lots of time doing this only to feel worse after and most likely scrap it.

I'm currently claiming compensation for an accident a few years ago (posted a bit about this on the success stories category) and I've had a year full of appointments. I've been to about 5 different hospitals and I've seen various different doctors for various medical reports based on their specialty.

Just before Christmas i got a letter for (hopefully) my last appointment. It's in a months time at Kings College Hospital in London and I'll be seeing, put simply, a doctor for my mind lol.

The thing is i struggle very much to express myself. So when they ask me to say my problems, i become frozen. I always rely on my parants to help (as i can't remember most of the actual incident, which they always ask me "what happened?").

This appointment is expected to be approximately 3 hours long and i think it's going to be the most important one.
I have a very bad memory so always forget something, and I'm not very good at talking. I also struggle to summarise my problems; it's hard to explain and as you can see, I waffle on/beat around the bush when trying to explain something!

My question is, if i spent time to write something like below (much longer and more detailed obviously) would this help myself and the doctor to understand what I'm trying to say?

"In 2010 i had an accident, it knocked back my self-esteem which has led me to be very quiet and observational. This means i sit back in conversation and listen rather than talk, but I become very judgemental and can be easily-offended or agitated."

I really need to start posting on my laptop lol.

I'd write everything out before hand so I knew how to say what i wanted to say.

Yeah Woz. Write everything out, then review it a few times over.

Don't underestimate yourself, though. I read your posts, and expressing yourself is not really a problem. You are very articulate with your words, more so than you give yourself credit for.

Latest posts

Back