SUPER SEX

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

futurecatlady

Reaction score
Sorry, I wanted to be interesting. But I promise you, sex lies ahead. Although maybe not super sex.

Something that I've always wondered about is the nature of sexual attraction. We seem to have these concrete terms--straight, gay, bi, neither, both, whatever--but how can we so easily discretize an intangible trait? It's not like I can get out a ruler and say "Hmm, let's see... yep, looks like I'm straight."

Maybe sexuality is a continuum, with clusters around certain points. Like, most people are either in the "straight" region, or the "gay" region, but it's possible to be distributed anywhere else. Like maybe you're lesbian but there was this one guy that just really did it for you. Or maybe you'd like to be in a threesome, but you wouldn't have a relationship another man.

At the same time, maybe it's binary. Yes, girls. No, guys. No, neither girls nor guys. Yes, hamsters. Each gender has a switch and each person has a different on-off combination.

I ask because while I am interested in men, I am not altogether repulsed by the thought of a woman. But I couldn't love a woman romantically. Interesting stuff. What do you guys think?

of course I am going to answer this thread :cool:

I think that that sexuality is fluid, and it is more fluid for some people that others. And it is not just sexuality that is fluid, but also gender.

There is straight, gay, bi... but there is more than that. If I had to put a label on myself, it would be "70% gay". I know saying that would probably piss a few 100% gay people off, thinking I making light of the situation, but it is really how I feel. ( i dont mean anyone here, all the gay people here are golden :) )

Being gay is hard :( and I dont want to take anything away from that, but being bisexual is hard too. I dont know how many times gay people were pretty much annoyed by me or with bisexuals in general, saying it is not a choice and I choose to be with men so I cant like women blah blah...but if being gay is not a choice being bi isnt either.

Now, there have been times I was totally gay in my mind for long periods of time. And since I am married and monogomous, some people could argue I am now straight. My mind has kind of been arguing with me that I am straight lately, but that is another matter - but it just shows you how effed up biology is

A lof of people get annoyed by girls that want to kiss other girls for attention or whatever...and YEAH, they probably are doing it for some guy

but THINK about it. if these girls, at some level, did not want to do it they would NOT DO IT

seriously, if you are a straight person, would you kiss a person of your same sex ?

I dont think so

And if it wasnt for these girls I probably wouldnt have gotten laid at all in my early 20s so ROCK ON YOU DRUNKEN LESBIAN IMPOSTERS !!

Oh, and Marilyn Manson says that every woman is bi, because it is in our nature to like boobs because boobs=food

smart cookie

go on :club: away :p

I think you're right about sexual tastes and proclivities being patterned in a sort of spread with clusters of attraction.

Personally, I'm straight. I'm only sexually/romantically interested in women. Post-modern society would have me believe that this makes me boring and old-fashioned, but fresia 'EM.

Seriously though, I have no problem with where someone else happens to end up on that sexual orientation spread, UNLESS their particular sexual interest is harmful to others. Children, for instance. I don't give a fresia how open-minded anyone is, when an adult engages in sexual activities with children, IT IS ******* WRONG.

BY THE WAY, I thought I'd lend my pathetic skills as an artiste for this discussion, so I drew a graph representing futurecatlady's point. I hope I sorta captured the essence of her argument in it. I purposely put less hamster lovers in there because, quite honestly, I feel sorry for the poor critters. @_@ lol

sexualitychart.jpg

eris should probably have her own chart

black dots on black paper

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"clusters" make me hungry for cereal

Latest posts

Back