Suppressing the Libido worth trying?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking as someone who takes antidepressants for reasons other than libido, I'd have to say that the side effects are worse than anything imaginable. If you get the wrong mix, it can feel like you're doing cocaine or acid. Believe me, it's no fun, and so many famous celebrities, like Whitney Houston, have died because of drug misuse.

theglasscell said:
From experience I have found that a lot of antidepressants will greatly reduce your sex drive. Effexor is one that I can think of off the top of my head.

But you can't just go off that cold turkey, the withdrawal is pretty severe.

Effexor seems to be commonly prescribed here. I'd have to convince my doctor that I'm depressed, which wouldn't be too hard.

I wonder if there are any foods that can suppress testosterone somewhat, or perhaps just foods to avoid.

rdor said:
theglasscell said:
From experience I have found that a lot of antidepressants will greatly reduce your sex drive. Effexor is one that I can think of off the top of my head.

But you can't just go off that cold turkey, the withdrawal is pretty severe.

Effexor seems to be commonly prescribed here. I'd have to convince my doctor that I'm depressed, which wouldn't be too hard.

I wonder if there are any foods that can suppress testosterone somewhat, or perhaps just foods to avoid.

I've read that soy reduces testosterone levels.

suppressing your libido is not worth it.

How do you know you will never have sex? anything can change on the turn of a dime. you could meet someone later today and be happy forever. You never know.

I am on 100mgs of Prozac...im female.. im 35 and I have a very strong libido...

You can post on craigs list...looking for something too.... join a dirty website... Adult Friend finder... you are sure to find sex there.

Don't start messing around with meds to suppress anything. be safe and be careful.

I was trying to read through all of the replies but then I got bored.

I'm 21 and I've done this. I decided I wanted to suppress my libido and I did it in a relatively short amount of time.

Don't go for chemical treatments. I'm not sure if I should be giving you this "negative" advice but if you really want to do it, try doing, what I call, negative conditioning.

Whenever you see a pretty girl (online or irl), say to yourself things like you can't ever get a girl like that and you aren't worth her. In some time, you should see yourself getting automatically disinterested in good-looking girls. Then, do it for the rest of them.

Now, I'm at a stage when I can't get physically or mentally attracted to a good looking girl. I can still masturbate to "uglier" girls, but I'm trying to turn that part of me off too. Hopefully, it'll happen in a some time. So I'm slowly moving towards a completely solitary, independent life. I know, the idea of possibly getting sex someday scares me but the possibility seems faint and I'm willing to take the risk I guess.

I don't know, having depression makes it easier I think (when you live in a very dark place and think negatively 24/7) and I could do it in a relatively short amount of time (in about 2 months I guess). I might take longer for you.

Good luck.

hye345 said:
I've read that soy reduces testosterone levels.

I've read that it contains 'phytoestrogens' - plant estrogen or plant-girl hormone.

So you should be growing moobs in no time!

rdor, I can't really put myself in your place, 'cause I'm 20. But I'll just say it sounds like a bad idea. Now, I'll just quote the hell out of this guy, because he was shooting pearls left and right.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I enjoy masturbating. In fact, it's one of the best times of my day. Very relaxing and makes me happy.
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I definitely take my frustrations out on Rosy Palms.

Couldn't have said it better. Masturbating isn't sick or anything like that. It's a pretty great, like, excercise.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
My view of it is....

If you managed to turn off your sex drive, and then, the very next day, you met a girl who wanted to fresia you silly...

Wouldn't you feel silly?
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I'm on antidepressants, and I'm hornier than I was when I was a teenager.

Those just made me laugh my ass off! Plus, I said it before and say it again, your signature is awesome. And now it just got more awesome. Before it was just a sexy suggestive hot chick. Now I realize it's a sexy suggestive hot chick WITH A CRUCIFIX. Just so wrong...

SomeoneSomewhere said:
I was trying to read through all of the replies but then I got bored.

I'm 21 and I've done this. I decided I wanted to suppress my libido and I did it in a relatively short amount of time.

Don't go for chemical treatments. I'm not sure if I should be giving you this "negative" advice but if you really want to do it, try doing, what I call, negative conditioning.

Whenever you see a pretty girl (online or irl), say to yourself things like you can't ever get a girl like that and you aren't worth her. In some time, you should see yourself getting automatically disinterested in good-looking girls. Then, do it for the rest of them.

You said it, man. You're 21, man. What you're doing doesn't sound healthy to me. Again, I'm not one to be telling people what to do, just sharing my point of view.

About the quemicals, I think that should be out of the question. Don't. Do. It.

Personally, I have high and low libido periods. And when I'm feeling sexy, it's great. I have only one advice to everyone. Just whack it. Not like a freak hiding out. Have fun with it!

[video=youtube]

Shameless bump.. come to the realization that extreme insecurity and mood swings, which is getting worse, are more to do with paranoia and self-loathing. I am frozen in the fear that women loathe me, either right away or worse after they know me.
If the hormones and creepy virgin sex fiend status weren't the source of shame, other aspects about the self would be.

Latest posts

Back