The Chill out zone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had such a chilled weekend. Spent it looking at used cars (only bought a 2 year old car last year but so many of the same model have gone on fire I'm thinking of switching) and reading about stocks, shares and funds. 

I'm trying to eat healthily for the winter to not eat the SAD feelings. I've had the Log burner on, coffee in the cafetière non-stop .... and now some prep for the week ahead. 

Nice idea, this thread.

The house is cleaned from top to bottom, now cooking dinner (healthy too argosgold for the same reason) between catching up on forums.

I agree, its a great idea for a thread. Thanks Joturbo.

I've been so **** busy lately, I've been kind of forced to let the kids eat out. Mind you, I don't go to McDonald's or any of that nasty honeysuckle, but I really do prefer home cooked, healthy meals. Honestly, though, I don't see the schedule being any less busy this year.
Meh, oh well, it is what it is.
Coffee in hand and working and cleaning and playing on my phone and chatting.

I'm not doing a carboot today ,cancelled because of rain,  which I'm really peed off about because I need the money. I will be fixing my roof hopefully if it stops raining and I'll will then be going to a new church with a new friend from work which I'm strangely looking forward too...I think I've got religion lol but I don't care because it's helping me at the moment.

I sick of all this rain.... I'm at work , and I just want to take a quick walk outside for a smoke, but I can't... I'll have to drive somewhere.... anyway, maybe I can find a hotdog... been kinda wanting one for a couple of days....

Did a spot of retail therapy this morning, never tried it before but it works :D
Also had a coffee in a coffee shop and did some people watching, a favourite hobby. Ever wonder what all those people have going on behind their public personas? I'd love to be a fly on their walls.

Danielle said:
I sick of all this rain.... I'm at work , and I just want to take a quick walk outside for a smoke, but I can't...  I'll have to drive somewhere....  anyway,  maybe I can find a hotdog...  been kinda wanting one for a couple of days....

Hi Danielle ....Hope you got your hotdog in the end . There is a burger stand near one of my jobs that does this delicious long dog in a soft white French bread stick filled with crispy onions and mushrooms god it's amazing washed down with a tea , I'll get you one next time .I like english  mustard and ketchup in mine how about you? :p

Hi Jently pleased you enjoyed your retail therapy. I don't mind a bit of shopping for clothes with my better half but it does get a bit boring holding clothes and trying not to get in people's way when they want to look at stuff that I'm leaning on :club:.Anyways I always get coffee and cake after so all good.....Just wished they had comfy chairs for us geezers when the multiple changing room visits occur.

Joturbo, that sounds like a delicious hot dog!!! I never got one yesterday.... I like both ketchup and mustard on mine!

Danielle said:
Joturbo, that sounds like a delicious hot dog!!!   I never got one yesterday.... I like both ketchup and mustard on mine!

Ok Danielle...it's on its way but best cut it in half when you get it and share it with a friend because it's a foot long and made for biulders etc...enjoy mate :)

Jently said:
I'll take one too if they have a veggie version please. I'm ravenous

Ok Jently not sure about that..but I think they do a chick pea and red onion burger with a side salad of cous cous,peppers,cucumber,spring onion,feta cheese all in pesto sauce...I'll sort it for you ;)

Been watching a lot of Jordan Peterson while doing cheques at work, larely. His discourse is so old, yet so interestingly fresh in today's world, there is starting to be little doubt in my mind he will eventually be considered one of the great thinkers of the 21st century. You know, if we're still around in 80 years. He might even redeem psychology in my eyes, which I always viewed as hokey shamanism.
On an unrelated note, if the rumor of a firefly reboot without Joss Whedon is actually true, I'm considering formenting a Browncoars revolution. Hopefully arrested as an agitator or, at the very least, Conspirator (has a nice ring to it).

Edit, scratch that first part. While there is some value to some of what he says, other things, including his motivations, are highly suspect. I have trouble trusting anyone who purports any degree of scientific credence that cannot make the distinction between religious values and morality. I'll stick with Jim Cornette's podcast. Bacause real life is faker than wrestling ;-)

Yup, after seeing a few more vids, I still have little to no respect for the psychology field, beyond that it's probably a part of the population in more dire need of psychanalysis than the rest ;-). Some of his purported observations on female behaviorims are utterly ludicrous and just what I'd expect from a Bible thumpin' Yahoo with delusions of grandeur. The irony of his phenomenon being so close in appearance to the rise of Scientology is not lost on me.

On another unrelated note, I'm quitting smoking. I'm trying the ecig now. I dont trust it much, but if it stops me from killing people, that's fine.

Good luck Richard although I don't think you'll need it. I just celebrated my 2nd anniversary of quitting after a lifetime smoking with the help of ecigs and I never missed it at all.

Richard_39 said:
Been watching a lot of Jordan Peterson while doing cheques at work, larely. His discourse is so old, yet so interestingly fresh in today's world, there is starting to be little doubt in my mind he will eventually be considered one of the great thinkers of the 21st century. You know, if we're still around in 80 years. He might even redeem psychology in my eyes, which I always viewed as hokey shamanism.
On an unrelated note, if the rumor of a firefly reboot without Joss Whedon is actually true, I'm considering formenting a Browncoars revolution. Hopefully arrested as an agitator or, at the very least, Conspirator (has a nice ring to it).

Edit, scratch that first part. While there is some value to some of what he says, other things, including his motivations, are highly suspect. I have trouble trusting anyone who purports any degree of scientific credence that cannot make the distinction between religious values and morality. I'll stick with Jim Cornette's podcast. Bacause real life is faker than wrestling ;-)

Wow just been talking to my son and he started talking about the hero's journey and the beast within and then that his favorite philosopher is in fact Jordan Peterson .

.Joturbo said:
Richard_39 said:

Wow just been talking to my son and he started talking about the hero's journey and the beast within and then that his favorite philosopher is in fact Jordan Peterson .

He's not a philosopher really, he's a recognized clinical psychologist. But...he quit his practice and his classes and started himself a church. And while he's not really right or left per say, that doesnt stop him from taking the alt-right's money....I don't know. Some of his stances are pretty dubious. Its not that much of he's saying isn't right, its that some of his conclusions are suspect. Like I said, it reminds me of Scientology, when L Ron said he'd start a religion to make money, even if his followers deny it. I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually went that way.
Might be paranoid of me though. Nothing he says is really unerringly bad. I just question anyone who touts himself holding the Scepter of Truth, so to speak. I think there's more wisdom inside each and everyone of us than any one man, or leader, can ever claim to be. What lured me was my love of Nietsche. What makes me suspiscious is some of the not quite but almost pretty close to sexist things he says of women. Also, the all powerful "marxists"....most cults usually start with an us vs them mentality...

So ill stick to Firefly ;-)

Thanks Richard ..just conveyed all this to my son and was news to him about the church. He also said was interesting the fifteen minutes or so analysis  he did on one scene in pinnoccio. Anyway got a smile out of him because of this he has been very withdrawn lately..he said your very enlightened (had to google that) cheers Richard

Lol Well that'd be a first. I'm about as enlightened as a bowl of fruity pebbles ;-). Ironically, Peterson said one thing that is very true that, by one of life's funny ironies, turned me warry to him; people don't take the time to really think on something. When you actually do and play devil's advocate with yourself, you can become the wisest person in the world. I'd say your son can be a lot smarter than that shrink if he so chooses, because his young mind is not yet bound to particular lines of thinking. You should never fear second guessing even something you think is the wisest thing you've ever heard, because more often than not, truth isn't one side of an argument or another, it's nestled stealthly somewhere in between.

But Ill take the compliment, thanks lol

I've been watching Star Trek: Discovery, and I'm almost through the first season. It's been pretty exciting, and it's given me something fun to do lately.

Also, I have a free movie ticket that I'm hopefully looking forward to using on Transformers: Bumblebee later this month.

Wandered around today doing some chilled shopping.Sorted the wife's presents and bought my grand daughter a two foot high doll.Ummed and rrred about £55 quid perfume for my daughter thought wait to Xmas eve and go to a cheaper area.Stood In my wife's friends favourite Italian clothes shop where the cheapest item of clothing  a shirt was £70 so bought vouchers.Rang a talk  radio station but left it too late so didn't get on.I'm missing work already must be mad. :D

TheSkaFish said:
I've been watching Star Trek: Discovery, and I'm almost through the first season.  It's been pretty exciting, and it's given me something fun to do lately.

Also, I have a free movie ticket that I'm hopefully looking forward to using on Transformers: Bumblebee later this month.

Seeing Bumble bee Xmas eve Ska tell us what you thought if you got to see it thx

Latest posts

Back