The Darkness!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

André

Reaction score
What do u guys think about the darkness? The darkenss is my friend, I live inside it. In the darkness, all my fears go away, 'cause there is nothing to be afraid, 'cause there is just me. In darkness, your loneliness will fade away. In the darkness, you can be everything. For me, darkness is the same as loneliness. I don't know about you guys, i like the darkness, i feel good with it. The darkness is my hide...
I don't now why post this thread... Maybe 'cause there was nothing to do... Anyway people, be happy! =D

The dark? Yeah, I love darkness, I wish I could be in darkness my whole life. I work better in the dark for some reason, and at a much faster pace. I hate bright lights and all the "glamour" that comes with them.

I love darkness as well. For me, most songs feel much more powerful and effective in the darkness of the night than daylight. That's why my favourite time of the day is midnight.
And I love its concealing effect as well. Sometimes when I'm walking in the street I feel very uncomfortable as I have to look at the faces of the people going by and they stare at me as well, which results in disturbing eye contact. In the dark this doesn't occur as people can't see each other's faces that clearly so eye contact either goes unnoticed or does not feel so awkward.
Also in rpg games I tend to be an evil warrior most of the time. So you could say there is a dark side in my soul too.
I don't know why but this post feels so awkward

I can relate to this. I love nighttime more than day time. I like the relaxing atmosphere that accompanies it. Nighttime is more powerful than daytime in my opinion, in that it is normally not the DAY before an event or occurrence that I am nervous/anxious about that concerns me, but the NIGHT before, because after I go to be, the next time I wake up will be the day of said occurrence.

I also like bad weather, because most people will stay inside, and I walk around outside alone and in peace enjoying the wind/rain/sound of weather and reflect on everything I can think of.

I like the night.

It lets me sneak up on unsuspecting women and...

...HELP THEM CROSS THE STREET!! :D

85363-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Gentleman-Assisting-An-Elderly-Woman-With-A-Walker.jpg

Great question Andre! I love the darkness (and no, I'm not talking about the rock band :p) I quite like the daylight, but darkness is so much more interesting.

1. In the daylight, everything is revealed, and nothing is hidden. I find that rather boring. Imagine a murder mystery whodunnit play. All the enjoyment and entertainment comes from the mystery, from not knowing who did it, and following the clues. If you were given a plot summary right at the beginning, and told, "it was the postman who did it", it spoils all the fun, ruins all the mystery. You want to be kept "in the dark". The daylight reveals everything, all in one go. How uninteresting. But at nighttime, most of the world is hidden in darkness, with just a few mysterious details visible in the shadows. Much more interesting.

2. Only in the darkness can you see the stars. Yes the sun is bright and warm, but I would rather be dark and cold and see the majestic sight of the 100 billion stars of our galaxy, not to mention the other planets, shooting stars, other galaxies, etc.

3. The daylight symbolises the ordinary boring daily routine - get the train to work, work 8 hours, get the train home again. The darkness symbolises a secret hidden world of adventure: Tom's Midnight Garden. My favourite time of the night is 3am. It's exactly halfway through the night (most working people go to bed around 12am and get up around 6am). 3am is when most people are asleep, so that's when I like being awake. I like being different.

4. A candle flame is pathetic and useless in daylight. But in the darkness, a candle flame becomes a precious source of light. I really love that concept. I've had this beautiful phrase embedded in my mind for years now: Islands of light in an ocean of darkness. When the world is dark, then every source of light is treasured. When the world is filled with daylight... well it's just boring.

And similarly:

WerewolfChemist said:
I also like bad weather, because most people will stay inside, and I walk around outside alone and in peace enjoying the wind/rain/sound of weather and reflect on everything I can think of.

YES! :D It annoys me when the weather forecast refers to certain weather as "bad". No, weather is not objectively "good" or "bad". Many people (like you and me) actually enjoy rain, fog and thunderstorms.

Ahh, a great thread you've started here Andre! :D

QuietGuy said:
A candle flame is pathetic and useless in daylight. But in the darkness, a candle flame becomes a precious source of light.

I like that.

I also agree with what you said about the stars. The night's sky is much more complex and beautiful than the day. I also like the colder temperature (normally) that comes with the darkness.

Oh yes.
- No noisy machines (when you live in farm/wood areas)
- Moonlight
- Pleasant temperatures in the summer
- Lights.. lamps.. i like shiny things..
- Less annoying insects.

And i totally agree about candles.

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
But the silence was unbroken, and the darkness gave no token,
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, `Lenore!'
This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, `Lenore!'
Merely this and nothing more."

-Edgar Allen Poe

Latest posts

Back