The Distant People

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayri

Reaction score
Are you more attracted to people who have confidence ? Why is it that no one is attracted to the gloomy people ? Everyone says that confidence is "more sexy." How ? I've heard many dfferent answers, but what are your thoughts on this ? Sometimes it's hard to grasp these kinds of things.

Personally, i feel that people with confidence or high self esteem can come off as a bit arrogant to me. i. Am not attracted to arrogance at all. That's my opinion.

well i've only really heard that women think confident men are sexy.i've never in my life heard a guy say "hey dude look at that hot confident chick".(i'm guessing you're female by the way)

honestly i don't think confidence or lack thereof really factors into how attractive most males find females.but being gloomy might make you seem like you'd be uninterested so even if they're attracted to you,they still might not talk to you or hit on you or whatever thinking its a pointless endeavor.i personally think shy girls are cute,i'm not quite sure what your idea of gloomy is though.if you mean depressing or something then people just generally don't like to be depressed so that's usually a turn off for men and women.

Rayri said:
Are you more attracted to people who have confidence ? Why is it that no one is attracted to the gloomy people ? Everyone says that confidence is "more sexy." How ? I've heard many dfferent answers, but what are your thoughts on this ? Sometimes it's hard to grasp these kinds of things.

Personally, i feel that people with confidence or high self esteem can come off as a bit arrogant to me. i. Am not attracted to arrogance at all. That's my opinion.

Yeah I know what you mean... Some people are more attracted to the more confident types of people. I personally am the opposite, I am more attracted to shy types, probably because im shy myself. In the end it doesnt actually factor into whether I would go out with a girl though but If they are actually arrogant rather than just confident then I just find that annoying. Confidence in itself doesnt really deter me from a person.

I prefer gloomy people. I mean, that can still have a good time. But that doesn't include inane cheerfulness.

People are more attracted to others who are easy to get along with.

That guy/gal who hangs in the corner watching everyone, pretends to txt, etc...might seem a bit intimidating to approach. They don't distant themselves from everyone else, yet everyone else distances themselves from them.

Be easily approachable, that's the key.

some dudes luv emo girls
some girls luv emo guys
as 4 the person standing in the corner unapproachable?
those r the best ppl 2 approach
nice challenge
+ then u know theyre not in everyone's bed
i like emos :)
gives the relation sum activity

I prefer people like myself. Really happy people can annoy me. Actually, I don't really know any confident people who aren't ********. I've never even met a confident woman really. The ones I know all hate themselves.

I always feel atracted to girls with sad eyes. maybe because I know how they feel and I try to make them feel a bit better with themselves. that way I feel useful. Im a sad clown.

I'm not sad cause I hate myself, I'm sad cause I'm alone. I want people who understand me, not who just think everything's groovy, cause I usually don't.

oopsiedoop said:
I'm not sad cause I hate myself, I'm sad cause I'm alone. I want people who understand me, not who just think everything's groovy, cause I usually don't.

Im sad because I hate myself AND im alone. Probably alone because I hate myself and probably hate myself because im alone...

I don't hate myself. Honest. But other people don't find me so desireable as to be friends. What can I do about that? Change what I like? I don't think so!

i find you all desirable. Like i said, you are all beautiful people and i love you guys T^T
Does anyone need to talk ? j- i'm here if you need someone.

oopsiedoop said:
I don't hate myself. Honest. But other people don't find me so desireable as to be friends. What can I do about that? Change what I like? I don't think so!

Hate is quite a strong word. I suppose I dont really "hate" myself but I do dislike alot of my own traits.

I agree that you should not change for other people. People can improve themselves in different areas of life but that should be personal improvement and not to try and fit in just because others dont accept who you are.

Latest posts

Back