The Importance of Physical Attraction?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sometimes you think that someone is really unattractive, then you notice the glimpse in his eye, some handsome detail, they make you laugh so much that you start seeing them attractive

Peaches said:
sometimes you think that someone is really unattractive, then you notice the glimpse in his eye, some handsome detail, they make you laugh so much that you start seeing them attractive

This. I have noticed that even if I don't originally find a woman to be particularly attractive at first glance, if they turn out to have a great personality then that starts to change.

It definitely has to be there to be anything more than friends but it doesn't have to be instant. You can take the pressure off yourself to be attracted to someone, relate to people the way you relate to friends and acquaintances with no pressure or expectation to be anything more than friendly, then you might be pleasantly surprised at who you find yourself attracted to. That's why with on-line dating I'm willing to meet people who I feel neutral about, people who I'm not either attracted to or unattracted to because you can't really tell which way it's going to go without taking some time to get to know them. Keep an open mind and know there is nothing wrong with platonic friendships or even just the short term experience of talking to an interesting human being who you're not romantically or sexually interested in. I think you have to be willing to explore that realm in order to find someone who you will want to be romantically involved with and you may need to meet a lot of people. Just take a few hours of your time to get to know people, you can even give someone 2 to 3 dates without wasting their time and you're better for giving them that chance instead of writing them off so quickly. Regardless of what happens it's always interesting to meet new people and you're not obligated to be attracted to them. I think this is what keeps many people single, the pressure to be attracted to someone right away. No wonder on-line dating sites involve so much rejection. People come alive in person, not in still pictures and there should never be any pressure or expectations. People need to relax and explore the process of meeting interesting people with no pressure to find what they're looking for in order to find what they're looking for.

Latest posts

Back