The Straw that Broke the Camel's Back

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naleena

Reaction score
When is "enough?" When do you stand up for yourself and when do you turn the other cheek? Name some of your boundaries when it comes to how other people treat you. What does it take for you to stand up and say, "Enough is enough!"

Naleena said:
When is "enough?" When do you stand up for yourself and when do you turn the other cheek? Name some of your boundaries when it comes to how other people treat you. What does it take for you to stand up and say, "Enough is enough!"

For me it use to take, in all honesty, little more than getting offended! I stood up for myself quite a lot, and use to look forward to confrontation (and if I may say, I wasn't half-bad at it). I expected everyone to agree wholeheartedly with my opinions, or at the very least not berate me in the slightest when failing to do so.

Maturing a bit, I now indulge all sorts of individuals of many beliefs without a problem. I always try and often succeed to turn the other cheek when caught up in an argument. Why, not too long ago, when an un-named someone quite enthusiastically attacked me for my religious beliefs (which for reference are in no way offensive, but even tolerant of others', or lack thereof), I did stand my ground on the issue for a bit. Seeing quickly that it'd come to nowhere, however, I changed my tactic and apologized that our views differentiated so extremely, and left it at that.

See that? I took the high road! *Quite proud of self.* Hopefully one day I'll refine my stratagem so as to completely avoid the start of those altercations to begin with. =P

Leatherbadge said:
See that? I took the high road! *Quite proud of self.* Hopefully one day I'll refine my stratagem so as to completely avoid the start of those altercations to begin with. =P

Ah, the high road. Always there, too often ignored. Well done, Leatherbadge!

The way I see it, everyone is entitled to their opinion, whether I agree with it or not. The same holds true if their opinion is something adverse about me. Who am I to tell them they're wrong? What if they're not? Anyway, if someone feels it is appropriate to be belligerent towards me or something I believe in, well that's too bad for them.

However, if someone becomes threatening, or lays hands on me, all bets are off.

You know mine Nalee

Who and why....

Here's a line that Julia Roberts said in "the mexician".
The mexican is a gun that held the soul of a woman.

"if you love someone...when you get to that fucken piont of
having enough...and enough is more than enough."
"What is the answer? "......

NEVER.....(how romantic)

I've recently had to re-define what turning the other cheek ment...

I guess...it's like if i turn the other cheek..It means you can't hurt me.
Juses or Gondhi used this approched. Staying in the eye of the strom and getting the honeysuckle beat out of them.

I'm havn't achive ultimate enlightenment. I have a very high tolerance for pain...but even so

I guess today...it's more like I have 2 cheeks on my ass.
I turn my cheek and walk the fresia away from a bad situation so i don't get fucken hurt anymore.

I guess I did not take the high road when it came to last encounter with someone I had that just lied to me. She knew my past experience with someone else and how I was alone and had social problems. That did not stop her from lying to me.

It was history repeating itself. I get involved with someone that has some men lined up and I am just there for their enjoyment. I spend and give the time and energy and show in any way I can that I will be there and that I care. I never get that in return. I just get left behind while they get to live life always having someone and always having the choice of being in a relationship with someone.

I snapped the last time. I went to every forum I knew she frequently visits and let people know what type of person she really is. She can't even go to her favorite sites anymore because of what I said. Even though they think she is someone great I know some of them really believe that things are not what it seems with her. That was it for me and if it happens again I don't know how I will contain myself. If I ever see her or her boyfriend I am seriously going to kick their asses.

So yeah, I SERIOUSLY had enough with the types of women I have met in the past three years. I am not going to ever get into a relationship with someone unless that person really wants to, but that will never happen. I just can't stand being strung along and wasting time on someone that will just end up in me having another enemy in my life. Someone who is just full of lies and let me open up to them without them ever really caring about what I went through. fresia.

Strange as it may be....I hope this is it...I hope this is the last fucken straw that
I'll ever have to feel this fucken way again.

I feel fucken sick to my stomuch and my body runs a fever everytime i see my ex.
Of course i ran into her again tonight...i can't seem to get peace.

I don't know why the fresia I feel so god **** bad about myself.
She was the one that messed up and destroyed our lives and refuse to admit to any of it.

I hate fucken feeling this way. I don't think about her much...it's only when I see her that
I feel this fucken way. Everytime i see her i feel this honeysuckle. I'm fucken sick of it.
I don't have a chioce of why my body react the way it dose.
I'm so sick of feeling this way..I'm tired of having to fucken convience myself or
use whatever the fresia copping skills or tools I have.
Yes i can work it...but fresia I'm just sick and tired of doing it...
It wasn't my fucken fualt...And I'm fucken tired of feeling guilty and hurted because she didn't do her part.
I'm tired of blaming myself for loving her as much as I do.
I'm fucken tired of telling myself that it's okay when it's not fucken okay...it was never okay.

I tired of this fucken rolller coaster ride I go through evertime I think of her or see her.
I don't chose to fucken think about her..sometime thoughts of her just runs across my mind.
I wish i had never met her....I fucken hate myself for loving her.
Through thick and thin...though thick and thin...babe....i fucken man up..babe i manned up.

I know how to cut people out of my fucken life..when I don't give a fresia.
I did that when I was younger and was an immature son of a *****.
i can't reture back to the way I was...i know what it's like to love and care for someone now,
that process can't be fucken reverse...just like a fucken pickle can't be a cucumber again.

I don't want to have feelings for her anymore...but I have it.
I know she dosn't give a fresia what I go through...No fucken honeysuckle...as if she gave a fresia when
she was gambling our livelyhood away.

I get so god **** angery at myself...for even thinking of her or going through
whatver the fresia I'm going through...It's fucken torture and it's a waste of my fucken life
and energy..It fucken robs me of my fucken life....even after all this fucken time...
NO......time dose not fucken heal a god **** thing.

Enough of this honeysuckle already...I've had more than god **** enough of this fucken honeysuckle.
It's like a god **** chronic fucken fever that never gose away.
Let go...let the fucken go...every fucken day i get up and tell myself this honeysuckle.
I wish i can get up everyday and just be well and not have work it all the fucken time..

Just be well...Just be well. I just want to be fucken well.

DayvanCowboy said:
I spend and give the time and energy and show in any way I can that I will be there and that I care. I never get that in return. I just get left behind while they get to live life always having someone and always having the choice of being in a relationship with someone.

I feel related to this. Just recently happened with the girl I used to like a lot. She was always calling me, but it was only because she always got some sort of help from me. But alas, I was living an illusion that she might have liked me. When I asked her if she wanted to date me, she responded, with an attitude, "You're crazy" and "You have a mental fart".

At that point, I then arranged to meet with her the next day, to keep helping her with her studies, but didn't show up, while she kept waiting for about two hours. Then when she called me irritated, I told her "sorry" in a dissinterested way, and told her I didn't want to see her again.

Gerardo said:
DayvanCowboy said:
I spend and give the time and energy and show in any way I can that I will be there and that I care. I never get that in return. I just get left behind while they get to live life always having someone and always having the choice of being in a relationship with someone.

I feel related to this. Just recently happened with the girl I used to like a lot. She was always calling me, but it was only because she always got some sort of help from me. But alas, I was living an illusion that she might have liked me. When I asked her if she wanted to date me, she responded, with an attitude, "You're crazy" and "You have a mental fart".

At that point, I then arranged to meet with her the next day, to keep helping her with her studies, but didn't show up, while she kept waiting for about two hours. Then when she called me irritated, I told her "sorry" in a dissinterested way, and told her I didn't want to see her again.

Oh yes. I remember you mentioning about her in another thread in which I made a reply too as well. Those comments she made, I can say is that it was very wrong although she didn't lead you on like the last one did with myself. I kind of wish she said such things to me so I knew that I wouldn't have a chance, but no way. Unless she told you such bullshit like spending entire days with herself and thinking of the thoughts of starting a family I think it was better off for you to know what she really thought of how things are. Even though she did it in such a harsh way. At least she was being honest.

Good for you on doing what you have done. I rarely get to hear about someone being able to get back at such a person who has done that to another so its nice to read about it. *thumbs up*

It might be tough sometimes. Especially when you are alone and left with the thoughts of the past with her and what she has done, but if that happens please remember that you got the last laugh. YOU were the one to finish it and if it was the opposite you would have been in a much worse position mentally.

Latest posts

Back