The Top Things that Irritate Me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SignedSierraLynn

Reaction score
I hate to be the person to put down on things or even have a list of such things that irritate me. But it is in human nature for every living creature to have a few things that really just gets to them. I would like to share a few of mine.
1) It irritates me that cutting has become a trend now. Tell me, what is the glamour of "trending" something that so many people actually have an issue with? People self-injure themselves from a tragedy, stress, pain, heartache, and whatever issues one is having that will promote them to do something. It is an addiction for some people as well. So, please explain to me what makes it so cool for someone to barely scratch themselves and call them self "emo" because its a trend now?
2) What's up with the whole "I shop at Hot Topic now, so that makes me Goth". Umm no. First of all, Goth is a subcultureAnd Goth music is NOT Marilyn Manson, or Disturbed, or anything like that. Goth is a baritone, soft, neo-classical, operatic style of music. And also, just because you wear black does not make you a goth. Sorry Kiddies.
3) How can one person make an opinion of something knowing only one point of view from it. There are 3 sides to a story. The first subject, second subject, and the truth.
That's all I am going to point out. For all to know, I am not a person who just looks at the negative point of things, because I try to look at everything optimistically. In what I wrote, it wasn't directed to point fingers or offend anyone. No anger or hatred was punded. Thank You.

The cutting "trend" irritates me as well. I find it very hard to take most people who do it seriously.
It seem to me like the younger generations have taken human suffering and made it into something "cool". They are *always* in more pain then anybody else...They wear scars like badges of honor.
Meanwhile the ones that really suffer would do anything to just find peace.
It's really a little bit insulting.

MountainGhost said:
The cutting "trend" irritates me as well. I find it very hard to take most people who do it seriously.
It seem to me like the younger generations have taken human suffering and made it into something "cool". They are *always* in more pain then anybody else...They wear scars like badges of honor.
Meanwhile the ones that really suffer would do anything to just find peace.
It's really a little bit insulting.
Thank you. Finally, someone that agrees that it is insulting to others that actually have an issue with and that it is a mockery. And finally someone who doesn't think that I am being "too sensitive" or "negative".

Im 26 and i can honestly say that my generation and the one coming up now are beyond ignorant. It's hard to expect anything more from a generation who immortalize people who consider themselves self proclaimed "Jackasses"

It's sad

Latest posts

Back