This Forum Has Been Quiet As A Church Lately. Everything OK?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
Hey!:)

Been here a little over a year now, and I have never seen the forum so quiet. Everything OK here? Some of the most active members have
backed off posting and others have left. Something we can do to help give the forum some energy?

I sometimes feel like some people don't care about what i post, other then that i'm pretty active, then again i'm also very new.

Rosebolt said:
I sometimes feel like some people don't care about what i post, other then that i'm pretty active, then again i'm also very new.
Hi Rosebolt.:)
You seem like a pretty decent person. I'm sure that once you have been here a little longer, people will warm up to you. It's like that with many groups and organizations. When you are new, people tend to come off as a little cold, but don't take it personally.

Baraka said:
Hi Rosebolt.:)
You seem like a pretty decent person. I'm sure that once you have been here a little longer, people will warm up to you. It's like that with many groups and organizations. When you are new, people tend to come off as a little cold, but don't take it personally.[/color]

Thanks, and yeah i hope so. ^^

Suicides and new year's resolutions are a killer for January depression forums.

Haha, sorry. Morbid post.

MAYBE IT'S ME! And my fault. I have that effect on people - sharing my thoughts dampens the collective consciousness of any community, I control the weather and the whole world is influenced by my depression!

Um, hi.

Dunno what churches you go to, but mines noisy as anything! lol

I've not been long on here, so haven't seen it any busier, but I do like idling on here most evenings

I often start typing out a huge reply to something, but then realise I'm rambling and not getting my point across very well, it's 4am and I can't be bothered to re-word it so just don't post.

Rosebolt said:

Rosebolt, I always like reading your posts. I would say you've got a good head on your shoulders (I don't know why I'm saying this but it feels right to do so in this moment lol) because your posts are always encouraging or positive. I like.

Okiedokes said:
*crawls out from behind the trees* hi.

:p

Lol Okiedokes, that's cute. *waves*

I don't post to much of the discussions on this forum as I tend to like to keep my thoughts to myself. I'm quiet by nature in that way - but for some odd moments in life, I can get talkative, online or offline. Unless, I feel very very strongly about something, do I speak up.

Most of the time though, I feel ignored and unimportant in this forum, thus I don't post as much either but more on threads where it's okay to be ignored.

But why has it gone quieter lately? Perhaps because there is quite an amount of negativity in the forum and people are just sick and tired of it. I'm feeling like that to be honest.

ladyforsaken said:
Rosebolt, I always like reading your posts. I would say you've got a good head on your shoulders (I don't know why I'm saying this but it feels right to do so in this moment lol) because your posts are always encouraging or positive. I like.

You sure know how to put a smile on my face. :) I'm glad i'm proven wrong on this one!

And don't worry, it's nice of you to have said so. :)

I'm the same as some others here, I'm talkative sometimes and not others. And sometimes I just don't know what to say, or how to word it in a way to be understood (well that's what my mind tells me) so I don't post.

But I read everything everybody says on here everyday! And can relate to so much, and I learn a lot, and laugh a lot too. And sometimes cry.

Sorry dood. I've demoted myself back to lurker status. Though I will pop up every once in a while to ***** and moan, so that's something I guess.

[edit- Oh and this is my 1000th post. How nice.]

Well, I don’t usually contribute much anyway, but I’m studying for exams at the moment, that’s why I’ve been making zero instead of two posts a week ;) I still lurk in my study breaks though. Then I’ll see good threads and think I’d really like to reply, but it always takes me a while (I worry about saying something unhelpful, my posts not being understandable, too long, rambly etc.) So I’ll rather read what you guys have to say, listen to some suggested songs, answer a PM and get back to studying… I’ll do my best to change that though if it helps with killing the church-like atmosphere. And to the regulars, I’d really hate to see anyone leave, what can we do to make you enjoy ALL more again? :)

Still alive. Haven't been around here mush the last week or so though, just trying to get back into the groove of things, like composing music and working in photoshop. Hope you're doing well, LoneKiller. :)

Latest posts

Back