Those with hundreds of facebook friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't had anyone I know personally add me. But if you try and add them and they reject, it's certainly awkward and confusing.

Oh dear, I must be the only one without a Facebook. Well, I had a Facebook, but got crotchety when some silly sods I didn't even know made stupid remarks so I deleted it. All I had were family and my dear colleague Kate Adie on it. I don't need socail media when my family live next door and I natter to Kate quite often.

Ahh, the freedom of being Facebook free! Recently I returned to my lockpicking hobby. Now, that's real fun and the sense of achievement on raking one of our padlocks made me feel really good about myself. :)

I've got about 140 or so Facebook "friends" but of that, around a quarter of them are people I've never met, but got to know online through shared interests (mostly car related). However, it's usually the same 10 or so people that would respond to anything I post, some things would even be ignored totally so I've given up posting too much now.

It's very rare for me to get a friend request from someone I actually know, it's usually me sending the requests.

Jack Rainier said:
Oh dear, I must be the only one without a Facebook. Well, I had a Facebook, but got crotchety when some silly sods I didn't even know made stupid remarks so I deleted it. All I had were family and my dear colleague Kate Adie on it. I don't need socail media when my family live next door and I natter to Kate quite often.

Ahh, the freedom of being Facebook free! Recently I returned to my lockpicking hobby. Now, that's real fun and the sense of achievement on raking one of our padlocks made me feel really good about myself. :)

I don't have Facebook either and I'm pushing my mid-20's. ;)

Latest posts

Back