Thoughts.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

Life Lessons...

Lesson # 1) Never ever trust anyone 100%

Lesson #2) I am no longer welcome at home.

Lesson #3) Nothing I do will ever be good enough for anyone, thus negating any reason to be good.

Lesson #4) Never hold onto any one person too tightly. you'll end up broken in the end if you do, possibly beyond repair. Instead, have options.

Lesson #5) The world has no toleration for the unfailingly kind, generous or nice person. They get eaten alive or discarded to the side.

Lesson #6) Any and all emotion a fragile person succumbs to might be their downfall into broken pieces.

Lesson #7) Remember, anytime you are upset, to never share it because its emotional pollution. In turn, you yourself are also emotional pollution.

Reasons why I (should and do) say I am fine:

1) the average person doesn't give good advice

2) the average person doesn't like dealing with depressed people.

3) the average workplace would hold it against me.

4) people believe its not a real disease and that I am faking.

5) most people do not understand, and buy into false preconcieved notions of what depression is and what people need to do if they Want to get better.

6) if people with depression are low functioning they = worthless.

7) people believe "getting better" is a choice, and if people with depression don't get better, well, then they're just choosing not to...

All reasons to utter the words "I'm fine"

Continuation of Life Lessons pending...

Lesson 1 ,errrr i dont even trust myself 100%. Lmao
#2, I m a fucken boomer rang kid.
#3, I rather u hate me for everything I am,
Rather than for you to love me for something i can not
Be...its never enough, its never enough...by ffdp
#4 After a couple of them dropped off the face
Of the earth, I didnt have a choice in those mstters.
I bold on tighter now.
#5, I BE HUNTRR...WITH A MOTHRR FUCKEN CONSIOUS
OF WHATEVER THE fresia IDEAS
. SOME PEOPLE TERM IT AS MORAL AND ETHNIC.
A MAMAL WITH AN AMPHIBIAN BRAIN.
IF THATS NOT DEPRESSING...I DONT KNOW WHAT JS.

Reasons????
I have my ressons...
Theyre like my finger prints.

Those don't sound like life lessons. They sound like personal excuses as to why someone is the way they are.

SophiaGrace said:
7) people believe "getting better" is a choice, and if people with depression don't get better, well, then they're just choosing not to...

This irritates me too. People I talk to are always telling me to "Stop thinking that way".

They don't seem to realise that it's a deeply ingrained state of mind that isn't a conscious flick of a switch, nor a deliberate decision.

Even so, I think some of your 'lessons' are a little inaccurate, though there is truth to all of them. I'd like to hold a little more hope for most.

I asure you...Im fully awear of the deeply
Ingrained thoughts.

I assure you Im awear of the concept
Having a PROGRESSIVE INCURABLE DISEASE.
Ive tried the self medication methdoe.
I also live with someone who has this
Same diseases. Its also passed on to
Our child.
I my love child very much. I wish for her
Not to suffer...I know that she dose.
She can go into a deep depression and
Not get out of bed for days.
My live might cofort her heart...it still dosnt cure
Her disease nor take her sufferings away.

Ive witbess first hand of her mother trying to commit
Suicude... when nothing was wrong.

Just becuase ive kearned coping skills and better living tools
It still hasnt cured me...
Im also a suicide servival myself.
Nothing absolutely nothing makes ne feel better
When i get an anxiety attack for no particular reasons.
THIS TOO SHALL PASS.....sometimes quickly other times
SLOWLY.....

The finget print.

That just my way of saying...
I don't walk in your shoes.
I don't know how much pains or the degree
of pains you go through and the durations
Of your depression attacks or how chornuc
It is.
Or whatevet else your life experiences are
And how you cope, deal or dont deal with life.
That i understand...

Im not responsible for my disease.
Im responsible for my recovery.
I understand this too....

Somedays are better than Others.
I don't always WORK my recovery.
WORK.and more fucken WORK.
SO I JUST HALT.
DONT GET TOO HUNGRY ANGERY
LONELY OR TIRED.

As sad as I may have been feeling all week, I do not agree with the list you made. I'm not exactly sure if I've ever felt depression in my life, however I think it is causing you to see things in this manner.

"2) the average person doesn't like dealing with depressed people."

I agree with this though. No one wants to be a downer. Because of that I have a hard time opening up to people. I don't want to drag them with me. I want them to see the fun person I am or used to be. But it's not healthy either to keep it all inside and let it nibble away at your mind.

TheSolitaryMan said:
SophiaGrace said:

This irritates me too. People I talk to are always telling me to "Stop thinking that way".

They don't seem to realise that it's a deeply ingrained state of mind that isn't a conscious flick of a switch, nor a deliberate decision.

Even so, I think some of your 'lessons' are a little inaccurate, though there is truth to all of them. I'd like to hold a little more hope for most.

I think it's more of the attitude towards life and everything in it. While I understand it's not as easy or simple to just slap on a smile and everything is dandy, I also know that some people just refuse to see the bright side of anything. The mind is a powerful thing, and if you think it, you can achieve it.

I'm going to be on AIM tonight around 7, you should go on then if you can.

Poguesy said:
People still use messengers?

Roguewave and I do :p

Also, when i first joined ALL there were gobs of people from here on MSN Messenger, which then turned into gobs of people from ALL on Skype.

People from ALL love to do skype calls with each other just ask vini Vidi Vidsum or Skuzzimuff, or Mintymint.

I used Meebo before joining this board but now I'm on other instant messaging servers. Video calling is still weird to me. I can't get used to the idea of it.

Still waiting for holo-communication devices to hit the mass market. Maybe then I'll talk to people more often.

Latest posts

Back