together out of convenience

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys, thanks once again for the replies. sorry in the delay, i resumed work on Monday so hardly have the time to browse :(

@ AFrozenSoul: i am not married under UK law but that of my home country, and if i'm not mistaken, although i only know the french term for it, i am pretty sure it amounts to meaning that what i earn is mine and mine only and there will be no need to split anything in the event of a divorce. in fact, HE was the one to make sure that we picked that option when signing the papers. thanks again for being so understanding. it means so much.

@ VanillaCreme: very good point. i even said it to him once. but in his own words 'i saw you as a challenge and just had to go out with you'. so at the end of the day, he has admitted to duping me. but i think he thought that he was paying me a compliment? o.0 it makes me feel like a fool... but well, i thought i was in love. i have no excuses really.

@ coricopat: in all honesty, i am terrified at the idea of being alone. but you are right, i am sure the feeling will be priceless once i'm alone and coping fine.

@ Mike Moose: i guess that makes me quite the monkey. i'm not proud of it, but well, doesn't mean i'm not gonna try work on it. i see what you mean about that situation you were in ... it's a pity that she couldn't let go of him, but i can understand her i guess. but like you say, it is difficult to build a relationship on the foundations of one which have just been broken.

@ cpd0713: thank you for your advice and trust me, involving kids in this situation is the LAST thing i wanna do right now. having kids is something i take really seriously and i would only think of having babies once i know and feel in my heart of hearts that it is the right time and right thing to do. and specially, once i have found the person who feels right.

thanks guys for listening! you guys are the best!

hugs and kisses
mimi low

i understand mimi low, i been in my relationship 7 years and i feel like we are falling out of love, and sitting down and talking to him, been there done that, if i express my feelings he gets upset and walks out the room, i dont dare show any emotions around him like crying because he patronizes me. and i dont really cry around him, i do it alone when no one is home. we used to actually have date nights to keep the relationship fresh, but when i told him the other day that i will like to go out since we havent done anything together in a year he says he cant afford it and i should take him out, **** that hurt my feelings, it still hurts. he always has time for everyone else, if someone calls and ask him for a favor he NEVER says no. but when it comes to me he puts me last on his list, he hardly tells me he loves me, dosnt ask how my day is, and he never tells me i am sexy or that i look good, i am so emotionally lonely, we used to be best friends now i feel lonely and no one to talk to when i am feeling up or down.,.,.,.,sorry post got so long, its just your post made me think of my situation. i am kinda stuck here due to financial reasons. i have no friends, no family and he knows this..anyway enough ranting......hope things work out for you.....hugs

just end the relationship, please do not prolong a miserable relationship, you'll only regret wasting time later, sit down and tell him its over

Latest posts

Back