Ugly girls need love, too...huh??!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sigma said:
Ledia said:
Sigma said:
It's a site for shallow people, with shallow views, why not make the picture shallow as well?

true lol.
If they want real ugly, they should put my pic :p :p :p

If the pic I recall you posting in the faces thread is really you, that's nonsense :p

Yup, nonsense, Ledia! You pretty gal. :)

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Katy Perry isn't ugly without makeup. She's still pretty. But she's not the model type that a lot of guys drool over. I still like her, though...wish she would go more with the natural look.

Paris Hilton is another one. She is actually really ugly without makeup. Of course, she has an ugly personality as well.

Lady Gaga is actually starting to look really good to me, now that she's not wearing tons of makeup. She's going more natural, and she really is beautiful underneath all those weird costumes.

Bringing up Katy Perry is always a good thing.

Also she looks adorable without her makeup. Guys get pressure to wear makeup now too though, it's ridiculous.

If you read GQ magazine for five minutes you'll think you need to go out and spend 2,000 dollars on clothes and products just to look halfway decent.

I skim those magazines at work since they are free. Pretty much any beauty or fashion magazine, or advertising agency sets out to convince everyone they are repulsive and need to be fixed.

theglasscell said:
If you read GQ magazine for five minutes you'll think you need to go out and spend 2,000 dollars on clothes and products just to look halfway decent.

If I read GQ, I'll wonder why I didn't pick up the WWE magazine instead.

No one is ever ugly, just some people aren't able to see that others are pretty.
It's all opinions, not fact. And I hate when others talk about opinion as if they're facts because I hate bullshit. I've seen the ad myself & it's so stupid, but so is most advertising, anyway. What can ya' expect?

I see these randomly across the net too. The girls in the ads are never actually what most would call "ugly."

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Okay, I was just browsing a site, and I came across this ad for an ugly people site. It wouldn't have caught my eye, except that they decided to use someone who is far from ugly...in fact, she is actually beautiful (at least IMO.)
f1jjih.png

So I'm wondering...is this what ugly looks like? Are we so obsessed with celebrity that someone who doesn't look like an anorexic model is...ugly?

This is not a sexist thread. I'm just scratching my head, wondering if women are seeing this girl and thinking she is ugly...or look like this girl, and think they are ugly. Because she is pretty, and not ugly at all. I'd rather have her over Kim Kardashian.

Well I know one thing for sure no is truly ugly.Yes some may not be good looking on the outside but who knows they might be beautiful on the inside.It doesn't mean they can't improve their looks,they can

It is wrong to say someone is ugly purely based on outside looks.

Moreover beauty is a general term used anywhere unless specifically defined.

theglasscell said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Katy Perry isn't ugly without makeup. She's still pretty. But she's not the model type that a lot of guys drool over. I still like her, though...wish she would go more with the natural look.

Paris Hilton is another one. She is actually really ugly without makeup. Of course, she has an ugly personality as well.

Lady Gaga is actually starting to look really good to me, now that she's not wearing tons of makeup. She's going more natural, and she really is beautiful underneath all those weird costumes.

Bringing up Katy Perry is always a good thing.

Also she looks adorable without her makeup. Guys get pressure to wear makeup now too though, it's ridiculous.

I skim those magazines at work since they are free. Pretty much any beauty or fashion magazine, or advertising agency sets out to convince everyone they are repulsive and need to be fixed.

There's a specific kind of product for every (imagined) malady, and you must collect them all! If most of the rest are crocked over with paint and baubles and you aren't, how will you ever compete?! Consume or be left behind!

Reverie said:
No one is ever ugly, just some people aren't able to see that others are pretty.
It's all opinions, not fact. And I hate when others talk about opinion as if they're facts because I hate bullshit. I've seen the ad myself & it's so stupid, but so is most advertising, anyway. What can ya' expect?

Ugliness is concrete and real. 'Beauty is in the eye of the bee holder' is a trite nothing that people within normal parameters tell each other. The human brain loves facial symmetry and proportion. Step too far out of bounds and you are moving into uglytown. If your face is monstrous enough in the right ways, you can be unattractive to all. Though there are lots of facial deformities that can be endearing, ones that I refer to as sympathetic distortions; but there are many others than cannot be trucked, and those people are basically untouchable because of them. Beauty is definitely tangible.

Peaches said:
some beautiful people still manage to be really repulsive

True. I'm finding more and more that looks without personality is just as bad as personality without looks, if not even worse. For me, it doesn't matter how technically good looking someone is, if they start being phony, it just turns me off completely.

Latest posts

Back