The Ugly One...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm no, maybe you are average on a universal scale but live in a sexy side of town where most people are extremely attractive?

Oh wow its deffo proportions then, which is something unfixable so best not to think about it šŸ˜‡

Yeah sad when that happens and it always seems to happen so quickly, deffo sucks dont worry mr telephone theres more fish in the sea šŸ˜‡āœØ
I wouldnā€™t say I live in a particularly sexy town, but thatā€™s a nice try! My friends are attractive people, which makes it difficult when Iā€™ve tried to tell them that people call me ugly and itā€™s really hard. They just canā€™t relate because theyā€™ve never had that problem.

Yeah, definitely seems to be a face thing. I donā€™t have a ridiculous nose or ears, blue eyes, a decent-ish jawline, enough that I think Iā€™m somewhat average, but the single women of the world are a bit more ā€œGah! Kill it with fire!ā€

I wouldnā€™t say I live in a particularly sexy town, but thatā€™s a nice try! My friends are attractive people, which makes it difficult when Iā€™ve tried to tell them that people call me ugly and itā€™s really hard. They just canā€™t relate because theyā€™ve never had that problem.

Yeah, definitely seems to be a face thing. I donā€™t have a ridiculous nose or ears, blue eyes, a decent-ish jawline, enough that I think Iā€™m somewhat average, but the single women of the world are a bit more ā€œGah! Kill it with fire!ā€
Yeah my friends are mainly hotties too it can be hard to explain a different existence. When I tell them guys were into me in high school they look at me like my lips deflated.

Jesus its extremely hard for a man with blue eyes to go wrong in my book, virtually impossible, good heavens, what did you do, are they like a really dull blue and you put glasses on top or something?

Outside of a career in the NBA, if you throw enough hours at anything, you can be pretty good.
Eh, yes and no.
For sports? Yeah you can practice and be OK at some sports, but to excel requires genetics.
Like boxing. A lot of people do boxing workouts, and maybe even spar, but get in the ring with a Golden Gloves boxer or God forbid even a lousy Pro, and you'll immediately see the difference in reflexes/hand speed.

Yes, many people can study real hard and do well in school and get a college degree.
But I have read that to be able to get a physics degree at a decent school requires an IQ of around 140. Again. Genetics.

Doesn't mean people shouldn't try to be their best, though.
I made a good career from computer programming.
I was NEVER going to be Edsger Dijkstra or something, but I was good enough to have a decent lifestyle.

Iā€™d disagree on that one. Outside of a career in the NBA, if you throw enough hours at anything, you can be pretty good.

For example, Iā€™m very good at swing dancing. Itā€™s a vibrant scene with a lot of young people, where the women outnumber men 3-1, and any single man is quickly snapped up. Iā€™m also a decent photographer, which takes me all over the country and I get to meet a tonne of interesting people. Iā€™m naturally skinny, but through diet and exercise have built an athletic physique. Donā€™t make excuses with genetics.

Yeah, sports always seemed dependent on having the right body by being born with it, so I never really got into sports for that reason. I didn't have the body for it, therefore couldn't do it that well, and therefore couldn't fit in with the people that could, because I wasn't considered valuable to them, because I couldn't do the thing they valued well, without the body for it.

I'm more interested in creative things, and admire creative people more, but I fear you have to be genetically gifted to get the right thoughts/feelings and ideas for those as well. Feeling like it all comes down to genetics, and that I don't have them, has been my lifelong battle, and my reason that I have a hard time getting interested in doing anything. I've always been afraid that the best I can do, is s***, because I wasn't born with the genetics for it - otherwise, it would be easier. I think this is why I've struggled with confidence, being interesting, attraction, and life itself.

Anyway - to get things back to you and not about me - you sound like you lead an active lifestyle, have some expertise in a few things, and your bit about using diet and exercise to build a better physique gives me hope. I'm naturally skinny also, which I never really liked but thought it was just what I was stuck with.

Eh, yes and no.
For sports? Yeah you can practice and be OK at some sports, but to excel requires genetics.
Like boxing. A lot of people do boxing workouts, and maybe even spar, but get in the ring with a Golden Gloves boxer or God forbid even a lousy Pro, and you'll immediately see the difference in reflexes/hand speed.

Yes, many people can study real hard and do well in school and get a college degree.
But I have read that to be able to get a physics degree at a decent school requires an IQ of around 140. Again. Genetics.

I was NEVER going to be Edsger Dijkstra or something, but I was good enough to have a decent lifestyle.
the thing is no one can see their ā€œgenetic codingā€ so maybe they write themselves off thinking they dont have the genetics when really they dont have the discipline. Not saying you do this @TheSkaFish i just mean in general.

My friend has told me she is naturally fat, theres no way she can tone up or be slim because of her genetics and I had to ask herā€¦ hun.. are you trying to tell me you have a super power in which you cannot starve to death? šŸ˜± she was like shut up šŸ˜… like come on celery juice and sit ups for the win šŸ˜… āœØ

I look at both.
Thin body & pretty face.
Neither are negotiable to me.

Have I mentioned I'm alone? :cautious:
If I earned a million pounds for every man that looked at my faceā€¦ iā€™dā€¦..still not be a millionaire šŸ¤£

Must be an American thing šŸ˜…

Eh, yes and no.

ā€¦right, but you must see the difference between the pro boxer who practices hours a day, 6 days a week, and the guy who shows up every Thursday and eats pizza on weekends. Our current heavyweight champ is an overweight gypsy who did nothing but practice boxing from an early age, heā€™s not built for it. Nor is Usyk, who is historically a cruiserweight, but worked hard and beat AJ to carry a heavyweight belt. Tell them their genetics held them back.

Yeah, sports always seemed dependent on having the right body by being born with it, so I never really got into sports for that reason. I didn't have the body for it, therefore couldn't do it that well, and therefore couldn't fit in with the people that could, because I wasn't considered valuable to them, because I couldn't do the thing they valued well, without the body for it.

I'm more interested in creative things, and admire creative people more, but I fear you have to be genetically gifted to get the right thoughts/feelings and ideas for those as well. Feeling like it all comes down to genetics, and that I don't have them, has been my lifelong battle, and my reason that I have a hard time getting interested in doing anything. I've always been afraid that the best I can do, is s***, because I wasn't born with the genetics for it - otherwise, it would be easier. I think this is why I've struggled with confidence, being interesting, attraction, and life itself.

Anyway - to get things back to you and not about me - you sound like you lead an active lifestyle, have some expertise in a few things, and your bit about using diet and exercise to build a better physique gives me hope. I'm naturally skinny also, which I never really liked but thought it was just what I was stuck with.
I donā€™t see it. Thereā€™s nothing in Tiger Woodsā€™ DNA that makes him a better golfer than anyone else, or the Williams Sisters. I would argue that pushy parents is more important to your sporting career than genetics is.

Yeah my friends are mainly hotties too it can be hard to explain a different existence. When I tell them guys were into me in high school they look at me like my lips deflated.

Jesus its extremely hard for a man with blue eyes to go wrong in my book, virtually impossible, good heavens, what did you do, are they like a really dull blue and you put glasses on top or something?
They are sufficiently blue, no glasses etc, just apparently not enough to make up for the rest of me šŸ˜‚

ā€¦right, but you must see the difference between the pro boxer who practices hours a day, 6 days a week, and the guy who shows up every Thursday and eats pizza on weekends. Our current heavyweight champ is an overweight gypsy who did nothing but practice boxing from an early age, heā€™s not built for it. Nor is Usyk, who is historically a cruiserweight, but worked hard and beat AJ to carry a heavyweight belt. Tell them their genetics held them back.
Fury has exceptional genetics.
How many 280 lb guys have his stamina?
He was in MUCH better shape than Wilder as far as Cardio is concerned.
The guy is a freak of nature.

Thereā€™s nothing in Tiger Woodsā€™ DNA that makes him a better golfer than anyone else, or the Williams Sisters
I totally disagree on both points.
Hand-eye coordination is absolutely a genetic trait. Tiger Woods is gifted beyond belief.

And the Williams girls were much, much stronger than normal female athletes, let alone tennis players.
Just look at Serena Williams. She's basically Floyd Mayweather with breasts.

Fury has exceptional genetics.
How many 280 lb guys have his stamina?
He was in MUCH better shape than Wilder as far as Cardio is concerned.
The guy is a freak of nature.
Is his stamina god-given, and not a result of training?

Would he have the same stamina if he did no boxing training at all?

the thing is no one can see their ā€œgenetic codingā€ so maybe they write themselves off thinking they dont have the genetics when really they dont have the discipline. Not saying you do this @TheSkaFish i just mean in general.

My friend has told me she is naturally fat, theres no way she can tone up or be slim because of her genetics and I had to ask herā€¦ hun.. are you trying to tell me you have a super power in which you cannot starve to death? šŸ˜± she was like shut up šŸ˜… like come on celery juice and sit ups for the win šŸ˜… āœØ

It's OK. I mean, I might do it, I don't know. I don't know which it is.

But I should save it for a thread of my own. I've been meaning to do that for some time.

Sorry everyone to get this off topic...I kinda just posted without thinking again.

I totally disagree on both points.
Hand-eye coordination is absolutely a genetic trait. Tiger Woods is gifted beyond belief.

And the Williams girls were much, much stronger than normal female athletes, let alone tennis players.
Just look at Serena Williams. She's basically Floyd Mayweather with breasts.
As much as things like dyspraxia are genetic, for most people itā€™s a learned skill, improved greatly by playing sports. Tiger was not born with better co-ordination than anyone, he just did nothing else from literally 6 months old. He was golfing on TV by age 2, and competing by 3. There is no such thing as being born good at golf, he is 100% a product of his parents pushing him.

As for Serena, I would ask you to take a look at this photo of her at 17, winning her first grand slam.

0CF58531-D9DF-485C-A5CF-60436BB09F57.jpeg

She is not a genetic freak by nature, her insane upper body came later through, guess what, training.

Is his stamina god-given, and not a result of training?

Would he have the same stamina if he did no boxing training at all?
Of course not.
I am sure his road work is extensive.
My point was that most people that large would not have the Lung/Heart capacity to do what he does no matter how much they trained.

As far as Tiger goes, I would use the example of Ted Williams. He was born with 20-10 vision. That was why he was able to hit .400.
I am sure Tiger has something special about him similar to that.

But yes, of course no one is "born" to be a golfer. But if 100 people trained from age 2 like Tiger's father pushed him to do, I bet maybe 5 of them would make the PGA tour and perhaps only one would ever even win a tournament, let alone a major.

As for Serena Williams, most teens are thinner and then bulk up in their 20s. I believe she beat Martina Hingis in that match. Martina was pretty cute back then.

Last edited:
It's OK. I mean, I might do it, I don't know. I don't know which it is.

But I should save it for a thread of my own. I've been meaning to do that for some time.

Sorry everyone to get this off topic...I kinda just posted without thinking again.
Awh noo! i dont even know what this threads about anyway šŸ¤£ Post whatever you want skafishy darling āœØ

Latest posts

Back