Visual Novels - Between games and books

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PyramidHead

Maybe more books than games, because they tell a story and you read most of the time, but they do have music, pictures and you can make decision that change the story line.

For everyone who had enough of stereotypical games, you may want to try these kind of games for a little change. There even are a few free Visual Novels, but I guess I will give a personal recommend:
Try this famous one

You will either dislike it, or you will be leave work like...
1327975500164.jpg

Visual novels are nice. I've read two visual novels: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, and Umineko no Naku Koro ni. They were both good, but I enjoyed Higurashi a lot more; it was actually one of the best stories I've ever read.

You mean dating sims? Or puzzle games like myst and stuff? There are so many genres. Catherine could probably be considered a visual novel.

They are more fun for me than other single player games. I don't get much enjoyment out of action/shooters/platforming games.

Yes, there really are a lot of sub-genres, but I think they are all great. Too bad that I don't have much time, or else I would try some new ones.

Sigma said:
I <3 Hanako :3

My favorite root, too. Mostly the happy end... so touching. =)

PyramidHead said:
Yes, there really are a lot of sub-genres, but I think they are all great. Too bad that I don't have much time, or else I would try some new ones.

Sigma said:
I <3 Hanako :3

My favorite root, too. Mostly the happy end... so touching. =)

If you haven't tried it yet, go for Ever17.
Another one of the more well known ones ^^
Less romance, more mindfucks though

Played Tsukihime, clannad, kannon and 999.

I highly recommned Clannad.

Wanted to try Ever17 after playing 999 (same writer) but it just crashes when I try to start a new game, probably the english translation patch being faulty... so far I've been motivated enough to search for/find a different version.

I'm a big fan of fate stay night. Even the last messed up heavens feel story arc.

Ever17 did have a nice mindfuck to it but I think it dragged on too long to make it worth it. But kudos to them for explaining 4d space and brute force hacking correctly.

MindsArmor said:

Wanted to try Ever17 after playing 999 (same writer) but it just crashes when I try to start a new game, probably the english translation patch being faulty... so far I've been motivated enough to search for/find a different version.

999 now has a sequel on 3DS called Virtue's Last Reward, it has Japanese voice acting too <3 (although maybe that's just a plus to me)

Sigma said:
MindsArmor said:

999 now has a sequel on 3DS called Virtue's Last Reward, it has Japanese voice acting too <3 (although maybe that's just a plus to me)

That's nice, seems there is also a ps vita version but unfortunatly i don't own that console either. But thx for mentioning, it definatly increases the chances of me buying a current generation handheld.

Now that Limlim mentioned it I also play Fate Stay Night a long long time ago. I only did the first arc, because at the time it was the only arc that was translated.

Latest posts

Back