Waiting On A First Kiss

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was 22 when I received my first kiss. You're not the only one

I was 22 when I received my first kiss. You're not the only one Sadface

I'm 20 & I haven't really been kissed either. I'm a girl & was kissed on the cheek by a gay guy, but he kissed all my friends. Sort of awkward somehow. xD

I was 15 when i had my first kiss but that was my only kiss and will probably always be my only kiss. I guess i was just in the right place at the right time.

20 next month, never kissed or been kissed. Haven't held a girl's hand except for square dancing in PE class.

Why would it not count? lol

If you've kissed, then you've kissed. I didn't realize the question was that difficult. :p

My first kiss didnt mean anything. I was 12 and it was spin the bottle. Yes, it was a french kiss. All I remember is that it tasted like toothpaste.

In a way you guys are lucky. You can have a meaningfull and beautiful experience. I assume if you havent been kissed you havent had sex. Thats a good thing. Dont just give it away. Youre special. Act special.

ShybutHi said:
had only one relationship in my life which lasted about 2 months and the relationship was about 8 years ago... i cant even remember what kissing is like. I am still a virgin too.

You sound very similar to me. I've only had one relationship, lasted about 6 months, about 6 years ago. She's the only girl I've ever kissed. I'm trying to keep alive the memories of my kisses with her, but it's not working, my memories are dying. And I'm still a virgin.

grainofrice24 said:
It counts if you're really wasted right?!?!

Didn't I already answer this?

No, anything you do when you're smashed doesn't count. The world automatically stops playing for keepsies when it sees that you're drunk, so don't worry about anything you do after becoming intoxicated.

*rolls eyes*

grainofrice24 said:
That's a shame, women have guys running after them from dawn till dusk, and some guys here are 25+ and have never had the pleasure. Something wrong with this picture...I guess it's what us guys get for previous generations of men who completely objectified and abused women...just a thought...

That's quite a generalization. I don't think that EVERY woman (or even most) have guys running after them all the time. And it's not society's fault that these guys haven't been kissed. It's their own fault, because they either failed to take advantage of a "moment," or they've never put forth serious effort to actually arrange a situation that would bring about a kiss.

Romance takes EFFORT. Sorry, but this is the real world. Fantasy love doesn't just happen. If you want a kiss, you have to go out and bust your ass to EARN it.

Badjedidude said:
If you want a kiss, you have to go out and bust your ass to EARN it.

This implies that if you've "earned" a kiss, then you are entitled to receive it. That isn't the real world either. Many people put enormous amounts of effort into being as friendly and sociable and loving as they can possibly be, and are still a million miles away from a kiss.

AFrozenSoul's quote (see this post) is relevant:

AFrozenSoul said:
"going out is no guarantee of success. However, staying in is a guarantee of failure."

Yes, you do have to go out and make an effort, but this is no guarantee of success (sadly :()
(Edit: sorry about the triple post! Corrected!)

No first kiss yet either. The whole concept of kissing seems so unreal, I can hardly imagine it happening to me anytime in the forseeable(sp?) future.

QuietGuy said:
This implies that if you've "earned" a kiss, then you are entitled to receive it. That isn't the real world either. Many people put enormous amounts of effort into being as friendly and sociable and loving as they can possibly be, and are still a million miles away from a kiss.

lol... I don't think you meant to triple-in-one post, so I'll just reply once. :p

Mostly what I was saying was making this point:

You can't/shouldn't complain about the unfair nature of the universe if you've never actually put forth serious effort into acquiring a loved one or getting a girl to kiss you. And it takes more than just being friendly and open to people. It takes involvement and putting yourself into another's life-sphere, and attention, and etc etc etc.

It's no easy feat.

Unless the girl is a whore.

Or just kisses easily.

lol

Badjedidude said:
grainofrice24 said:
It counts if you're really wasted right?!?!

Didn't I already answer this?

grainofrice24 said:
That's a shame, women have guys running after them from dawn till dusk, and some guys here are 25+ and have never had the pleasure. Something wrong with this picture...I guess it's what us guys get for previous generations of men who completely objectified and abused women...just a thought...

That's quite a generalization. I don't think that EVERY woman (or even most) have guys running after them all the time. And it's not society's fault that these guys haven't been kissed. It's their own fault, because they either failed to take advantage of a "moment," or they've never put forth serious effort to actually arrange a situation that would bring about a kiss.

Romance takes EFFORT. Sorry, but this is the real world. Fantasy love doesn't just happen. If you want a kiss, you have to go out and bust your ass to EARN it.

My bad BJD, Forgot I already posted the thing about making out drunk :p.

Only reason I questioned when it counts, is because when you sober up: a) you can barely remember it, b) it seems cheap and clumsy. You cant really ENJOY it.

Also, I didn't generalize that ALL women have men running after them. However; you'd have to be blind to not notice a trend with respect to gender. If you don't believe me, look at the guy/girl ratio of these forums hahaha. I don't BLAME society...it's just the way things are. Men, more often than not, have to go out and CONVINCE women, with acts of generosity, kindness, caring, understanding, patience, etc etc. to go out with them, let alone kiss them while she often sits back, judges him (primarily on the size of what's in his pants...you know...his wallet) and reserves the right to send him packing. I'm not saying it's EVERY girl, but you have to admit there is a trend. And I don't argue that you should have to work for it, after all working for it makes the reward that much sweeter. It's nobody's fault, it's just a shame.

You're right, the real world isn't fair...but what are you gonna do hahaha.

I was kissed on the cheek by a girl in a restaurant. But she did the same with all the men. It was awkward.

grainofrice24 said:
My bad BJD, Forgot I already posted the thing about making out drunk

Haha... were you drunk when you posted about kissing while drunk? :p

grainofrice24 said:
Also, I didn't generalize that ALL women have men running after them. However; you'd have to be blind to not notice a trend with respect to gender. If you don't believe me, look at the guy/girl ratio of these forums hahaha. I don't BLAME society...it's just the way things are. Men, more often than not, have to go out and CONVINCE women, with acts of generosity, kindness, caring, understanding, patience, etc etc. to go out with them, let alone kiss them while she often sits back, judges him (primarily on the size of what's in his pants...you know...his wallet) and reserves the right to send him packing. I'm not saying it's EVERY girl, but you have to admit there is a trend. And I don't argue that you should have to work for it, after all working for it makes the reward that much sweeter. It's nobody's fault, it's just a shame.

I don't agree. I see a LOT of guys who are able to just sit back and let women seek them out... and the guys aren't always handsome or even nice, for that matter.

I guess it depends on which way you're looking at it, but overall I wouldn't agree that women have it "easier" or are able to simply sit back and let men come to them. I also wouldn't say that men have it "easier." To be honest, I think it's about equal these days; for bad AND for good.

I for one would prefer myself putting more effort into gaining the affection than a girl than have a girl seek me out xD although that would be flattering but it'd make me feel awkward too.

I agree mostly with grainofrice. The whole "guy tries to get girl" is a traditional way of starting a relationship and is still prevalent even at this time. But BJD has a point as well since girls nowadays are more how I'd say aggressive? xD There are girls who would court a guy. But I lean more to the traditional way of things. I think it's more romantic :p

Latest posts

Back