Waiting On A First Kiss

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If all the people without a first kiss kissed each other.. problem solved (D)
I was in a loving relationship at one point, my first kiss.. my first.. everything, the first kiss feels great but after you've been able to kiss and hold someone and then you lose them.. the loneliness grows geometrically

I kissed a lot but I think that kissing It's something overrated. People!! don't feel depressed, when you do it at least once you'll think: well, this is not as good as I thought, (Unless you're in love or something, but I don't know how does it feel being in love and kiss someone because I just kissed random people I liked, lol.) I feel like a slut (?

I have kissed a fair few frogs and princes, but I haven't had a kiss that has meant anything in ages.

I love kisses ^_^

I am 18, and have gotten no lip action. However, I want to hold someone close. Just to feel a strong connection. This, this unbridled passion, this stoked fire, just stings me from time to time.

My best piece of advice is to keep your eyes open! In a silly daze I decided to quit anything that may lead to a relationship because I got sick of playing a losing game.

One morning a girl walks up to me and says, "hey sexy!" I said, "Good morning." I was so deep in auto-pilot I missed a veritable billboard sign of interest this girl probably had.

I know it gets tough sometimes. It really does. All the "keep your chin up," "it'll happen," kind of stuff sounds like pure fiction after hearing it a lot. Trust me on this, always keep your eyes open. Sometimes the best things happen when one doesn't expect them.

Always keep your eyes open.

Nope, never been kissed, either. :D

Badjedidude said:
Don't wait for a first kiss. Go out there and MAKE IT HAPPEN. :cool:

Sounds like a great way to get maced, that. Better wear protective eye gear. :cool:

If you're WAITING for your first kiss...

...then you might as well wait for our sun to go nova.

honeysuckle doesn't happen if you just sit on your ass and wait for it to happen. You have to actively strive to make it happen.

jean-vic said:
I will happily continue waiting for my first kiss because I want to kiss someone I genuinely care about, not some random soul. The wait doesn't bother me.

I think the point is to be proactive in finding someone you genuinely care about and getting your first kiss instead of just waiting for her to fall in your lap. It never, ever happens that way.

Stride said:
jean-vic said:
I will happily continue waiting for my first kiss because I want to kiss someone I genuinely care about, not some random soul. The wait doesn't bother me.

I think the point is to be proactive in finding someone you genuinely care about and getting your first kiss instead of just waiting for her to fall in your lap. It never, ever happens that way.

It can just fall into your lap. It's rare though, but not impossible.

Being assertive is not a crime, and its the most genuine way to pursue things which you want, rather than just waiting for the random hand of fate.

Stride said:
jean-vic said:

Who said it did? My point was that it's not something I get bothered over. I'm not looking at age as an important factor. Doesn't mean I won't make an effort and just expect it to happen.

The act of "waiting" in this case, to me, implies passivity. In other words, I took it to mean you're sitting around hoping a girl you like will magically come up to you and start a relationship with no effort from yourself.

Apologies because it sounds I was incorrect in your case, jean-vic. For others in this thread, I'm not so sure.

Interesting thread.

As someone who is relatively lonely (lol, hence being here), I am perpetually told that I shouldn't actively -seek- love as that makes me look desperate and raises my hopes, but instead I should keep my head down, keep busy, and not look for love....

Cos that's more attractive. Gah, I'm so conflicted :p x

I believe things happen when you least expect them. That's not to say that someone should sit in a dark basement with no ambition or drive to be active in life. Not everything has one meaning, you know...

PurpleDays said:
Interesting thread.

As someone who is relatively lonely (lol, hence being here), I am perpetually told that I shouldn't actively -seek- love as that makes me look desperate and raises my hopes, but instead I should keep my head down, keep busy, and not look for love....

That seems like a fallacy to me. Obviously running up to a guy/girl and shouting "love me!" won't get you the results you want. :p

I think you should replace "actively -seek- love" with actively seeking compatibility. Then again, I'm not really a subscriber to love at first site, so your opinion may be different. :)

Stride said:
The act of "waiting" in this case, to me, implies passivity. In other words, I took it to mean you're sitting around hoping a girl you like will magically come up to you and start a relationship with no effort from yourself.

Apologies because it sounds I was incorrect in your case, jean-vic. For others in this thread, I'm not so sure.

Effort has to be made. You're absolutely right. Maybe a girl will come along and change your life etc, but unless you take some action to make them "yours" then nothing will happen. A watched pot never boils.

No need to apologise. :)

PurpleDays said:
Interesting thread.

I think what it means is simply don't come across as needy to the object of your affections. If you are attracted to someone, show it but not in a way that would scare them off. I made that mistake once, and I learned from it. Just find a balance and it shall be alright.

Latest posts

Back