Want to get married?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I must have done everything backwards, I have been married for, well, lets see....21 years. So that is more than half of my life. But I always had that stereotypical image of the little house with the picket fence two cats in the yard life used to be so hard now everything is easy cause of you thing.....
well I love my husband and I know he really does love me even if he does not understand me.
I just had an idea in my head of what marriage should be and that is not what it really is. It is a thing that you work at every day and it brings you pleasure pain love happiness sorrow and a whole array of feelings. But in the end I think it is worth the work!
I also think that it should cost $5000 to get a marriage license and $50 to get a divorce.....it would change the idea of marriage from being so disposable.

I've always looked forward to marriage. I'm the hopeless romantic type, thus it's always been my top dream/goal

ledchick said:
I guess I must have done everything backwards, I have been married for, well, lets see....21 years. So that is more than half of my life. But I always had that stereotypical image of the little house with the picket fence two cats in the yard life used to be so hard now everything is easy cause of you thing.....
well I love my husband and I know he really does love me even if he does not understand me.
I just had an idea in my head of what marriage should be and that is not what it really is. It is a thing that you work at every day and it brings you pleasure pain love happiness sorrow and a whole array of feelings. But in the end I think it is worth the work!
I also think that it should cost $5000 to get a marriage license and $50 to get a divorce.....it would change the idea of marriage from being so disposable.

Marriage has never been a "disposable" concept to me. I really have always been deeply inspired by a need to feel loved/appreciated by one person in that specific, no-holds-barred kind of way. Marriage to me is sacred, but not in the religious sense (I don't subscribe to any sort of belief that would warrant it). Rather, in the romantic sense. It is a romantic ideal.

Marriage to me is when two people get together and agree to be the panacea to the each other's loneliness. Two people batten down the hatches and weather the storm together; there's nothing more romantic to me than that. I yearn for that. But I'm a rare breed in that I cannot and could not imagine divorcing one person and then remarrying another (except in extreme cases of abuse or outright neglect of the relationship, naturally). But if I were to marry, and, say, my wife died, and I lived, I wouldn't simply "move on." I would shut the shades and whither away with all her little charms and mementos. I wouldn't leave the house. I would become a broken hermit. lol. I can't see loving more than one person that way in a single life time. You couldn't make me. I'm a one-girl kind of guy. lol

I am also 16 and would love to be married and have a family but I doubt it will ever happen.
I am openly bisexual. I don't practise gay sex because of my religion but I may fail to stay chaste in that area because of strong temptation and I would never want to commit adultery against my wife. I am a virgin with girls too. So, I guess I'll never have the family I would love to have.

I was a hopeless romantic, fell in love at a young age, did many many romantic things, often embarressing myself to do them, asked her to marry me in what i can only describe was a fun way. The offer was accepted and I was very happy. Then was cheated upon a year after the proposal, told of it by her best friend who described me as 'too good to end up with her'. Confronted her about it and she broke down into tears. Not going into further details but i'm thankfully well shot of her now, if slightly emotionally crippled by the 'fun'.

I'd like to say I remain the same romantic at heart, but it would take someone special to open the chest that contains the beating vessel.

Still, best of luck to the ALL people who want marriage

TheLonelySkeptic said:
ledchick said:

Marriage has never been a "disposable" concept to me. I really have always been deeply inspired by a need to feel loved/appreciated by one person in that specific, no-holds-barred kind of way. Marriage to me is sacred, but not in the religious sense (I don't subscribe to any sort of belief that would warrant it). Rather, in the romantic sense. It is a romantic ideal.

Marriage to me is when two people get together and agree to be the panacea to the each other's loneliness. Two people batten down the hatches and weather the storm together; there's nothing more romantic to me than that. I yearn for that. But I'm a rare breed in that I cannot and could not imagine divorcing one person and then remarrying another (except in extreme cases of abuse or outright neglect of the relationship, naturally). But if I were to marry, and, say, my wife died, and I lived, I wouldn't simply "move on." I would shut the shades and whither away with all her little charms and mementos. I wouldn't leave the house. I would become a broken hermit. lol. I can't see loving more than one person that way in a single life time. You couldn't make me. I'm a one-girl kind of guy. lol

Ditto.

A wise man once said " A man who marries a woman is like a man who tethers himself to a goat". I made that up - I'm going to put it in one of my scripts if I ever get the peace and quiet to write. By the way, I'm female so that wasn't sexist, okay?

I want to get married more than anything. This isn't sudden, I've felt this way since gradeschool. I've been in love before and it was the only thing that made life worth living. I want that until I die.

Yea sometimes but I really wanna find that some one and not some stupid arranged marriage or I just got sick of being single and unmarried because all my other friends are married. But then sometimes I worry that after I get married to someone... later I'd meet some one new and wished I could have married him. Idk.. i guess u dont actually think that when you're with some one you love..

Nyktimos said:
There is absolutely no part of me that wants to be married or have kids. It holds nothing that I crave. That may be part of the reason I stay with my current girlfriend. What else am I doing for the rest of my life? I'm the age at which most prospective partners have kids or will want them, and will also want marriage. I can't even imagine what it is that drives people to marriage or kids. It just doesn't exist in me.

It scares me a little sometimes that this drive seems to be a part of virtually everyone; not many people seem to feel the way I do.

hey kindred.. yep there arent many people that feel this way but i am another.. i have nothing against the institute of marriage per se.. if that is your cut of cake then enjoy the slice and walk that path.. still surprising to see how common divorce is though...

there are animals that 'mate' for life.. geese, eagles.. and it seems that they dont need a marriage certificate to get their loyalty groove on :) marriage to me seems like a nice 'ritual' and if two people like that particular custom - good for them.. but lasting true commitment can only be real in 'time' ... time will prove the love - test it..

as for kids - i dont want any either.. for many reasons but essentially it boils down to desire.. the overwhelming want to walk that particular path...

'childfree' people are still in the minority on this planet but the movement is growing and people are feeling freer to be able to make that 'choice' not to procreate. psychological surveys have shown for some time now that the more educated, socio-economically higher demographic of the world population, generally from first world (dont like that lable.. but eh) countries tend to have less children...

we all make choices and walk different paths.. i beleive that what ever you choose you shouldnt cut down someone else's life for choosing different... unless they are selfish bastards hurting other people.. then pass me my axe.. hehe

I see marriage as a romantic ritual, a way of celebrating the love between two people.
It doesn't 'prove' anything to me. Couples can be just as committed and just as much in love whether they're married or not.

Personally I've always wanted to get married. Even though they can be done on their own a wedding is a great setting for all the romantic and enjoyable rituals/events. I love the romance of getting married. Taking my partner's last name as my own. Exchanging rings. Wearing gorgeous clothes lol. The flowers. The photo shoot. The delicious food. The yummy cake. Celebrating with family and friends, or just on our own if that's what we want. Either way it's a lovely 'couples ego trip' lol :p
And I'm looking forward to the day I can be in a conversation with someone and be able to say 'my husband' instead of 'my boyfriend' or 'my partner' when talking about the man I love. It's just my preference.

I don't link marriage with having kids. I don't want kids anyway. Childfree FTMFW! lol

CNB.jpg

Angel.png
Angel.png
Angel.png

Your born alone you die alone but in between those things we live with others marraige means your life is no longer your own but you share an existence and become one, a family.

SimizAkri said:
Has anyone ever just had a sudden urge to get married?

But just a thought.

No...

Sudden urges are for things like ice cream, a hamburger or going to the bathroom (usually after eating too much ice cream and hamburger).

Marriage is a BIG decision. It shouldn't be treated like changing the wallpaper or cleaning out the closet.

Of course it's a big decision but an impulse is an impulse.
I didn't mean as in go pick someone up off the streets and drag them to Las Vegas.

SimizAkri said:
Of course it's a big decision but an impulse is an impulse.
I didn't mean as in go pick someone up off the streets and drag them to Las Vegas.

I didn't mean to offend.

I just think people get married too readily. I realize it works quite well for some but I still see a lot of miserable people that regret their decision.

Watching my parents scream and abuse each other when I was a child stands out as a pleasant example.

Noo, of course.
I definitely agree with you.
It was just an urge. =]

Haven said:
Your born alone you die alone but in between those things we live with others marraige means your life is no longer your own but you share an existence and become one, a family.

i doubt your mother is going to agree with you on that...hell i don't no 1 lass that has pushed a kid out without groaning even a little.

unless your 1 of those stork bringing babies?

hell yea i want that. i want to find myself first though, and i was really hoping i could hold on to my ex untill then, but whats the quote "if you love something, set it free, and if it comes back, its meant to be" blah
she talks about not settling to young (were both 25) but i say f that. i dont want to be turning 90 and just getting grand kids because i found someone to late in life. i know im only 25 but im sick of being alone. maybe i look to someone else to much to fill the hole in my heart but i cant seem to help it! i miss her...

Latest posts

Back