WARNING

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still trying to figure out how all the pervs and jackasses got her phone number. They never dial me. Is there a directory one can opt out of or something?

If you know you're more mature than these imbeciles harassing you, then you should shrug it off and not let it affect you in such a negative way. That's just my opinion.

If it's that bad could you not just change your phone number? No idea how those thingys work but wouldn't a clean slate and the knowledge of not to share your new number be easier to work with?

Frito Bandito said:
I'm still trying to figure out how all the pervs and jackasses got her phone number. They never dial me. Is there a directory one can opt out of or something?
Has she typed in her phone number anywhere online? Maybe on FaceBook? You'd be surprised how many post their contact numbers there.

Frito Bandito said:

So it's her fault. Basically.

She's pretty much ignored everyone who's answered the original post and just started talking about guitars. If she has put her number online or given it to every random guy she meets its her own fault. Either deal with it or change it and be more sensible next time. Common sense really.

Um no I don't just give out my number to random people. Someone gave out my number as a joke. I'm not stupid enough to give out my number to random people or even stupid enough to give my number out on the internet. And no I don't just ******* ignore people, its just when there are multiple posts at a time, my ADD goes overboard and I get sidetracked.

SignedSierraLynn said:
Um no I don't just give out my number to random people. Someone gave out my number as a joke. I'm not stupid enough to give out my number to random people or even stupid enough to give my number out on the internet. And no I don't just ******* ignore people, its just when there are multiple posts at a time, my ADD goes overboard and I get sidetracked.

That's what I figured, but welcome to the ALL forums. If you're looking for non-judgmental people, you've come to the wrong place. :p

And change my number? I can't do that for one, I just put out many job applications with that number on them. Two, all businesses have that contact number as a reference. I have a pretty upbeat schedule to attend to and so many important businesses and people have my number as a reference. And another thing, I was just venting about it. Is that so bad?

Well perhaps if you started less threads you'd be able to keep up with them better.

No there's nothing wrong with venting but people are going to reply and not everyone is going to say something you like, unfortunately.

I did use the word "if" as well, merely speculating how these people got your number.

flaneur said:
SignedSierraLynn said:

That's what I figured, but welcome to the ALL forums. If you're looking for non-judgmental people, you've come to the wrong place. :p

Lol +1

Maybe all the ****** bags are from the HR departments of the businesses she dropped her resumes off to? :D

****** bags

Boy I'm glad this isn't an "expression" you really hear in the UK. I only run into it watching family guy when I'm mind numbingly bored and voiding adverts.

I've literally never said it too...

I here this so often I start to think its the girl not the guys...

isnt it all superficial? I mean... what makes a guy a pervert vs romantic?

example:

you go to a coffee shop every morning around the same time and always notice a guy in the corner eyeing you behind his newspapers. One day he puts down his papers as you make your order and notice him walking towards you. he says:
"I've noticed you for a long time and finally had the courage to talk to you. whats your number, maybe we can catch a movie and dinner some time."

scenerio 1:
If the guy is not attractive to you then he is perverted.

scenerio 2:
if the guy is attractive to you then he is romantic.

same thing happened... just missing the attraction... why is it the guys fault?
I dunno .... there could be something I'm missing here...

MadMonkè said:
I here this so often I start to think its the girl not the guys...

isnt it all superficial? I mean... what makes a guy a pervert vs romantic?

example:

you go to a coffee shop every morning around the same time and always notice a guy in the corner eyeing you behind his newspapers. One day he puts down his papers as you make your order and notice him walking towards you. he says:
"I've noticed you for a long time and finally had the courage to talk to you. whats your number, maybe we can catch a movie and dinner some time."

scenerio 1:
If the guy is not attractive to you then he is perverted.

scenerio 2:
if the guy is attractive to you then he is romantic.

same thing happened... just missing the attraction... why is it the guys fault?
I dunno .... there could be something I'm missing here...

You're definitely on to something here.

Latest posts

Back