was wondering if anyone can help me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostly..theroadhome

Reaction score
my mom never leaves me alone

if i have good news or seem like im getting on in college, like yesterday, she starts saying "oh definitely leave college, get out of that thing, leave the field"...she tells me repeatedly "i hate that college" etc. but ti love what i do and only starting to recover after all the put downs

this is what i really want to do, and im not strong enough to fight this constant being told to leave from all sides, not just my mom

its something i really want to do, but im about to mess it up, cos people wont leave me alone telling me to leave, i dont even ask their opinions, there's this hatred and jealousy surrounding me getting on in life, not just from one direction, and its beating me down

can anyone help, i hate long weekends..

Well, if you like it, why would you even consider leaving? If they all told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it? Only if you wanted to, I would think. Ignore them. Do what makes you comfortable. Not what they try to pressure you into. It's not their schooling, it's not their career, it's not their life. It's yours.

How long have you been in college? Your family sounds very unsupportive, maybe you should work on getting a mentor at your college so you feel some support.

Dont give up, no matter what they say. That's what they WANT you to do. Do you really want to give them that satisfaction just because it's making them feel insecure about themselves?

Your family pisses me off.

I dont even know you and I'm proud of you for going to college :)

feeling a bit down today, have to spend the day alone

have to edit 11,000 word essay i have written, ive been working hard all the week and im so incredibly tired right now, im sleepy just eating my breakfast

feeling lonely, and down, and guess i wont see anyone all day.

just dont want to be in this house

i was thinking about going to college for a break but its really far in the rain, and im feeling really down after the confidence knocking over the weekend

do you think i can get my career back on track, after its fallen apart

thought id come on here, cos its so hard being alone, really focused on my work for a long time, so dont see anyone much, and there isnt many interesting people to see...until ive time to meet some when ive completed college work

feel sad, cos i think im putting all this hard work intto these essays, and they'll probably mark me down anyways

kind of exhausted, going to sleep for an hour or two before i go to college later on....

You sound like you are getting depressed. It'd probably be a good time to schedule an appointment with a counselor at college. They're free you know.

*Hug* we support you here at ALL.

Latest posts

Back