Weight Loss

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ak5

Reaction score
I've been reading for quite a while here and it seems to me that a lot of us have had successful weight loss! If you lost weight, in the process of losing weight, or planning on losing weight; be sure to post your stats here! I want to use this as a way to praise, support, and encourage our well-being, both physically and emotionally. xD

I'll start off: 15 year old male, I dropped 40 pounds from 180 to 140. I can finally run and do things without getting tired.

24 year old male. Was 222 pounds. Dropped down to 170 (where I am now). It would be less, but I've also gained muscle mass since then, so I don't LOOK like I weigh 170 worth of fat.

I now run 2 miles or more 3 times a week.
I can now do like... 4 sets of 40 pushups quite quickly, when I used to barely be able to squeeze out 10 single pushups.
I don't get winded walking for more than 5 minutes at a time.
I sleep better.
I don't get headaches like I used to.

Being healthy-minded and active has been one of the best ******* decisions in my life and I'm never going back to being lazy and sitting around all the time.

I'm 17 years old, I dropped 18 kilograms / 39 pounds (I don't know it's that right...) in two years.

I'm lot happier now than by then. :>

Lost over 30 lbs so far. Started with size 18 pants, and am now 10's Goal is about 40-45lbs more to lose

- Got off drugs
- Eating healthier, cut out fast food
- Exercising at least three times a week

Well, with the aid of this adolescent depression, constant caffeine intakes, and stress preventing me from enjoying my food, I'd say I am quite content.

D:

Bwuahahaha
But sometimes, I have a need to indulge salty foods like ramen until I feel sick and full.
But really, caffeine does help... also with mental stimulation... It makes time go by quickly..

I'm 15, too...
I'm somewhat 140 pounds or more.. but....
I look like a child.. :|

What worked for me:

-Drink more water (I rarely drink soda or anything else, 99% of my liquid consumption is water)
-Getting off my butt (Exercise: Running, using a bike, etc.)
-Cutting all the "in-between" meals. I used to eat 3 major meals plus 2 minor meals (usually consisting of a sandwich with a lot of cheese and ham, or cereal, or unhealthy snacks).
-Switch to whole grain (ZERO refined foods)
-Stop eating to feel full, everytime I didn't feel full I ate. I now stop eating once I am not hungry anymore.

Now I have upped (a little) my consumption of food (my cardiologist ordered me not to lose anymore weight) but I still am sort of dieting because I am working on strength training. My plan is to kill the fat, and replace it with muscle so I still weigh 140 but look better.

I now have about in total 1 month of strength training and I feel great. Its actually quite amazing, I can actually feel my arms are getting stronger when I touch them. Pretty **** amazing.

Keep up the good work everyone :D

Depends on your height my friend.

If you have a normal weight but still "look fat" then exercise and do strength training (that's what I'm doing).

I lost 12 kilos in a year, i still have a few left but i am happy with my progress :D

I've found cycling is a great way to lose weight quite quickly. I've lost over 2 stone sustainably through cycling amongst some weights and basic exercise.

Studies have also shown that it's good at elimating the "visceral fat" around the internal organs that increases your risk of various nasty illnesses.

Albern said:
lonelyfairy said:
I'm 17 years old, I dropped 18 kilograms / 39 pounds (I don't know it's that right...) in two years.

I'm lot happier now than by then. :>

Hi,
Albern here, I am 18 years of old my weight is 75 kg I want to lose my weight so give me some tips to lose the weight.

I don't know how to explane... But I lost weight by eating healthy and normal food, like salads, fruits, berries etc. And I left all those sugary things out. I ate less food also.

mrsme said:
I lost 12 kilos in a year, i still have a few left but i am happy with my progress :D

Good job, keep going at it. :D

TheSolitaryMan said:
I've found cycling is a great way to lose weight quite quickly. I've lost over 2 stone sustainably through cycling amongst some weights and basic exercise.

Studies have also shown that it's good at elimating the "visceral fat" around the internal organs that increases your risk of various nasty illnesses.

Agreed. I cycled as well.

Latest posts

Back