What are some of the best dating sites for a shy loner?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Facebook local single groups such as 'Single Herts'. Sometimes they have meet ups or you can build up friendship without pressure and take it from there.
Also they have friendship option on Bumble app.

I am 64, retired, with no friends, very lonely and looking to meet someone. Even though I don't really want to go on dating sites, I don't know what my options are. I volunteer, but have not met anyone. I go out alone to music festivals, various fairs, etc and all I see are people with other people and wonder why can't I have that. I did have a girlfriend years ago and reached out to her recently online hoping to reignite something, but that went nowhere. Its gotten to the point that I hate coming home to an empty house.

For someone who is very shy, introverted, self conscious, what are some of the best dating sites to cater to someone like me?

Thanks
Unfortunatly, from my experiences, there are none. I have tried so, so many, from things like Bumble and Tinder, to eHarmany, Plenty of Fish, Silver Singles. And so on, and so on, and so on. They are all just full of scammers and cons, and bots. My therapist even suggested one, claimed she had met her partner on it, and many of her friends had used it too ... after a year, I hadn't even had one conversation on it, not one reply or responce, and that was with the therapist helping me write my profile. Have even tried groups that are about my hobbies and interests, but only seem to enounter the same, with the added dose of bullying thrown in.

Whoever you meet online, my advice, try to meet them ASAP,don't waste your time talking for months, etc....I think as humans, we build a picture of someone subconsciously,and this can be a good or bad thing, but your expectations can be altered, and eventually, IF you do meet them, there not the people you thought, and its a BIG SHOCK, been there.

I think old fashioned ones like pof.com or match.com or etc are now part of history. Maybe try something far less known and localized such as japanese japancupid.com or beboo.com - japancupid.com isn't free though. Yet, finding a decent site for say Japanese or Korean women/girls is close to impossible, it's mostly scammers...even instagram is better...days ago a korean girl literally texted me on instagram "sex, sex, sex" and minute later "yes, sex?" - it was a fake profile though lol.

Well, so far for me dating apps have been a bust. I think, by design, they're more cash traps than actually useful. I think the orice is overrated versus the actual service you get, specially considering places like POF were free for years. Then there's the usage people make of it. Lots of people are apparently addicted to likes, more than interested in actually finding someone for a relationship, or even casual sex. So far, beyond one four sentence conversation out of about a dozen matches, it did nothing for me.
I saw Facebook adds for a "dating for shy guys" dunno the site or what it's worth, you might want to check that out, but you'll most likely have better luck seeking out your local social groups and try engaging in local activities with people in your age group..

I have never tried a dating site, but I have a close relative who reconnected with someone she knew decades ago. They both had lost their spouses a few years ago and they found each other on "Our Time"so I second or third the suggestions to that site.

I am 64, retired, with no friends, very lonely and looking to meet someone. Even though I don't really want to go on dating sites, I don't know what my options are. I volunteer, but have not met anyone. I go out alone to music festivals, various fairs, etc and all I see are people with other people and wonder why can't I have that. I did have a girlfriend years ago and reached out to her recently online hoping to reignite something, but that went nowhere. Its gotten to the point that I hate coming home to an empty house.

For someone who is very shy, introverted, self conscious, what are some of the best dating sites to cater to someone like me?

Thanks
I wish there were some magic words I could say to stop you from using dating sites to look for companionship. I completely understand your isolation, I’m in my 60s too and have ended up friendless somehow, too. Those sites are so inundated with fraud and scammers now - I’m convinced it’s impossible to know the real from the fake. I wish you well but you must be cautious and leery of anyone on those sites. I gave them up completely in 2013-2014. Young people looking for easy hookups love sites like Tinder BUT I never found any sites for mature and honest older people looking for friendship. Even the ones that say they are for seniors are still meat markets full of fake profiles and scammers. I wish there other solutions for people like us, but I never found one. Please be careful. My mother used to tell me that there are worse things than being alone, but it took three bad marriages for me to realize she was right. What I didn’t realize was how I would become invisible to society as a senior. Most people don’t even see us.

I wish there were some magic words I could say to stop you from using dating sites to look for companionship. I completely understand your isolation, I’m in my 60s too and have ended up friendless somehow, too. Those sites are so inundated with fraud and scammers now - I’m convinced it’s impossible to know the real from the fake. I wish you well but you must be cautious and leery of anyone on those sites. I gave them up completely in 2013-2014. Young people looking for easy hookups love sites like Tinder BUT I never found any sites for mature and honest older people looking for friendship. Even the ones that say they are for seniors are still meat markets full of fake profiles and scammers. I wish there other solutions for people like us, but I never found one. Please be careful. My mother used to tell me that there are worse things than being alone, but it took three bad marriages for me to realize she was right. What I didn’t realize was how I would become invisible to society as a senior. Most people don’t even see us.
I really don't want to use dating sites, but I am not sure what else to do. I do volunteer but have met no one through this.

I really don't want to use dating sites, but I am not sure what else to do. I do volunteer but have met no one through this.
When I was taking care of my grandparents I frequented the hospitals. I got the attention from several women because they could witness how caring I am. But, I was way too busy to do anything with them. After my grandparents died and everything calmed down, I went back to the hospital and sort of hung out. But I only got looks of creepyness from women then.

Maybe one could borrow an old person and take them on the rounds at a hospital. Maybe I should start a bussiness doing that and call it Rent a Wrinkle. Got an app for that? Ha! ha! People use dogs as bate so why not old people?!?!? ;)

Thanks
Hi Jo, you can private message me for private chats here where it is just between you and me, confidential, just to chat. I am not seeking a new man in my life but we are similar age and attitude about things. To be honest I dont think women want to date men who are very shy and introverted anyway.

Thanks
Any dating site for older people. No such thing as one which caters for shy people or loners.

my experience of dating sites/apps is not positive. too many scammers, bots, catfish, liars, fakes and psychos. paying ones milk you for too much money for too little return. you can get reported, banned and/or blocked for the slightest perceived, or even no, transgression.

my experience of dating sites/apps is not positive. too many scammers, bots, catfish, liars, fakes and psychos. paying ones milk you for too much money for too little return. you can get reported, banned and/or blocked for the slightest perceived, or even no, transgression.
But once again you have to be able to sell yourself on a dating site. Nobody is going to be interested in dating you and taking you seriously, giving you a lot of their valuable time, if you are very quiet and shy or moaning about your boring life. They can get that off people they already know - that they avoid - or read a good book instead.

But once again you have to be able to sell yourself on a dating site. Nobody is going to be interested in dating you and taking you seriously, giving you a lot of their valuable time, if you are very quiet and shy or moaning about your boring life. They can get that off people they already know - that they avoid - or read a good book instead.
why do you assume i was like that? in fact, i projected quite the opposite persona. i'm not sure you properly read why I poo-pooed the sites.

Yes I did read it. AND Ive been told that lots of times before by people who blame the site when it was them not selling themselves.

Latest posts

Back