What are some weird or interesting habits that you have?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Luna

After sucking out about 15 plums while hovering over the kitchen sink, I walked over to the living room couch, sat down, and thought that this probably isn't normal.
I also thought about how I should be grateful that I never have company, otherwise I would have to deal with awkward glances, leading to awkward questions, with would ultimately bring about the dreaded awkward silence.

64044501.jpg

I do not like the taste of the skin, so if you suck the top part - I didn't even have to bite once - the whole inside just comes out.
I also do the same for oranges, and also other various fruits as needed.
(And I suck on chocolate as well...it's a surprise that my teeth are not more f***ed up. My teeth are like this --> :D)

That's my weird habit - err...one of the many, anyways - so...what's yours?

1) I pick at my the irregularities of my facial skin. It has a mentally soothing effect on me. I've been doing it for years without even thinking about it. My skin tends to get worse based on whether or not I am in a good mental Health state. The more anxiety I have, the more picking I do.

2)I also pace a lot while thinking about anxious thoughts. I do this every day. I also have nightmares about the anxious thoughts that I have. I believe that if I do not go through the ritual of the thoughts/pacing then I wont be prepared for the thing that makes me anxious that I think about.

@_@ LUNA, YOU CAN SUCK MY LITTLE RED PLUMS ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!!!!

lol

As for weird habits... lately I've been habitually combing my mustache while wearing an inquisitive, mysterious look on my face. But that's not so much weird as it is hygiene/manly hair upkeep. :D

When I eat a meal containing multiple dishes/courses, I eat only one item at a time, completly finishing one before I move on onto the next one. EXAMPLE: Mashed potatoes, mac n' cheese, and chicken. One .....at .....a .....time. :)

I will refrain from making jokes about your sucking capabilities and will instead let you imagine what sorts of offers or advances I would make if I -did- comment.

I have lots of quirks, some more annoying than others:

-If I step on a crack with one foot, or some other 'abnormality' in the ground, I have to do the same thing with the other foot or it feels uneven somehow. Same when I scuff the edge of my boot sole or something.

-I have several moles I pick at a whole lot, subconciously.

-I yawn more than most people, and feel the need to stretch very frequently.

I have also been known to order my passenger to grab the wheel when I'm driving during certain parts of various metal songs, because I am an air guitarist to the end, and I MUST ROCK AGAINST ALL ODDS.

TWILIGHT
OF
THE THUNDER GOOODDDDD
shred-begley-jr-aka-mr-awesome.jpg

Making sounds or humming to something even when i sit with my family who are talking.

I always get urges to move my body and do poses. Not exactly dancing, i am bad at that.

I am just kind of comic in whatever i do.

Ok now I'm fighting the urge to pick and my face hasnt been picked in weeks so it's all clear and stuff.. x_x

It's kind of gross i know. :(

It's like some sort of cleaning/comfort ritual. -_-

Must. Not. Succumb. To. Weird. Urges. ><

Coping With Anxiety and Panic

1. Remember, feelings of panic are just exaggerations of normal bodily stress reactions.
2. Sensations are neither harmful nor dangerous - just unpleasant. Nothing worse will happen.
3. Anxiety is temporary. Instead of fighting it, relax into it. Just let it be.*
4. Focus on facing the fear rather than trying to avoid it or escape from it.
5. Stop adding to the panic with frightening thoughts of where panic will lead.
6. Stay in the present. Be aware of what is happening to you rather than concern yourself with how much worse it might get.
7. Notice that when you stop adding to the panic with frightening thoughts, the fear begins to fade.
8. Wait and give the fear time to pass.
9. Look around you. Plan what you will do next as the panic subsides.
10. When you are ready to go on, do so in an easy, relaxed manner. There is no need to hurry.
11. Think about the progress made so far, despite all the difficulties.
*Breathe

let's seee...................

- typing random letters/signs in a chat window when i'm bored or annoyed. for example: "sdpituaw40w98eidjgwa95člaykwmve5b- lsykre" or "......................................................." or "~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~" you get the idea :p

- sending e-mail/SMS/PM to a person I don't know at all, or just their face or so.. and they don't know me. :p

- If I step on a crack with one foot, or some other 'abnormality' in the ground, I have to do the same thing with the other foot or it feels uneven somehow. (sorry Brian, but it's just so well explained, I had to copy it. I do exactly the same)

- I eat extreeeeeemly slooooooowly (except when I don't, like being very hungry or eating a good pizza/pasta or so. but even then i'm still slow). I also don't drink while eating. Always eat first, and then drink after I've eaten all.

Enough for now.

I like everything on my desk to be in the left upper corner. And I get really annoyed when people automatically stick stuff on the right. I like the left. The left is great.

I'm a righty.

Something on me always has to be in motion. I'm rocking back and forth as I type this, if I stop then I wiggle my toes. I drum my fingers and twiddle things on my desk or anything on anyone elses desk that's handy. Even when I am going to sleep I play with my hubs hair or walk up and down his chest with my fingers or.........well never mind that....So I'm a wiggly-twiddler.....:D

1. i tear hair out of my skin one-by-one or in clumps if i can grip it that well using my fingers... any hair which i don't feel belong (nosehair, earhair if i find any, any hair on my chest or stomach which doesn't more-or-less match the pattern of the opposite side, the tiny hair on my shoulders if i can grasp them, any hair coming close enough to touch my ear etc) ofc. this while carefully avoiding any eyes who might not understand (hence EVERYONE).

2. with only my toes touching the ground, i subconsciously "jump"/"hop"/"bounce" both my legs all the time, frequently causing any table i sit at to "wiggle" and causing no end of irritation to some colleagues (on the up-side, this proves to be shockingly good calf-exercise)

3. Dunno if forgetting everything really fits here... but if it weren't for instinct, i'd forget to breathe! (even have to work out how old i am when i'm asked - everytime)

Not sure if this counts, can't really thing of any other weird things I do . .

So, everytime I see a popcan tab, I always break it into as many pieces as I can :D.

tabs.jpg

I chew on things.

I guess I must have an oral fixation of some sort (thanks, Freud)... because I always have a hard candy, gum, sucker, pen, straw, or something else in my mouth, getting mangled by my manic chewing.

*shrug* lol

Aiolos said:
1. i tear hair out of my skin one-by-one or in clumps if i can grip it that well using my fingers... any hair which i don't feel belong (nosehair, earhair if i find any, any hair on my chest or stomach which doesn't more-or-less match the pattern of the opposite side, the tiny hair on my shoulders if i can grasp them, any hair coming close enough to touch my ear etc) ofc. this while carefully avoiding any eyes who might not understand (hence EVERYONE).

2. with only my toes touching the ground, i subconsciously "jump"/"hop"/"bounce" both my legs all the time, frequently causing any table i sit at to "wiggle" and causing no end of irritation to some colleagues (on the up-side, this proves to be shockingly good calf-exercise)

3. Dunno if forgetting everything really fits here... but if it weren't for instinct, i'd forget to breathe! (even have to work out how old i am when i'm asked - everytime)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trichotillomania

Compulsive Hair Pulling.

Badjedidude said:
I chew on things.

I guess I must have an oral fixation of some sort (thanks, Freud)... because I always have a hard candy, gum, sucker, pen, straw, or something else in my mouth, getting mangled by my manic chewing.

*shrug* lol

Aha, yes, I do this also :p.

ha ha ha, i was just telling my brother about my wierd habits a few nights ago...

i have more than a few that i can share. you're probably going to think i'm freakin' wierd, but here goes. they are...

#1- i constantly chatter and grind my teeth- not sure why, but i picked up on this habit who knows when. i'll be doing it and i won't even notice i'm doing it until someone points it out to me. i have sensitive teeth now because of it.

#2- i like to flex my back muscles (latissimus dorsi)- same deal. not sure why i started doing it. it feels pretty good, so that's probably why i started.

#3- i put the tips of my hair into my mouth- this started recently. i started growing out my hair in january, and it's now about six inches long, and whenever i'm bored, i'll take the tips of it and put them in my mouth.

#4- i won't eat a food if it's been microwaved- i don't know if this is true or not, but i read somewhere that microwaves kill all the nutrients in food, particularly protiens. i'm a bodybuilder, and i need my protien, so even if this isn't true, i don't want to risk eating nutrient-depleted foods. plus, i also read that microwaved foods mess with your immune system. don't remember how, though...

and last, but not least... get ready for the big nasty...

#5- i eat the dead skins off of my feet- pretty disgusting. i know.

that's all, folks!

I always slide the shower curtain so that it is between me and the window before using the restroom.

Latest posts

Back