What are some weird or interesting habits that you have?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have to take straws with me everywhere because i don't like drinking bottles with my lips touching it.
if i go to school, i put crisp in sandwich bag, straw in another sandwich bag so i could find it in my bag easier.
alot of people might find this is so strange, at lunchtimes (at home) i eat the food off baking tray instead of plates.

"what are some weird or interesting habits you have"

Well, *clears throat*

Autassassinophilia

yes, really

Also, gynemimetophilia, mixophilia, necrophilia, pictohilia, urophilia, bondage, mummification, chremastistophilia, autoandrophilia, autagonistophilia and a few other things that really dont have names.

read for yourself :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_paraphilias

I laugh a lot

I have to be moving my leg/foot all the time while sitting

I like to eat in front of the sink staring at the window

I like stuff in the right place

According to my kids I make really really bad jokes

I play with ears: my ears, my mom's ears, if I had a girlfriend, I'd be playing with hers. This is something I've been doing since I was a baby, says my mom. She said that when she breast fed me, I would reach my little hand up and play with her ear. I can't explain exactly why I do it, but it never gets old for me. Ears have so many ridges and each has it's own character, it's always fun to go feeling around and exploring to me. I have the ability to turn part of my right ear 'inside out'. I used to be able to do this with the left too, and I sometimes I would flip both of them and have races to see which one would stay inside out the longest. The right one, was almost always the winner. If I get to become an old man with hair coming out of my ears, I'd be curious to see how that affects this behavior. Would it deter me from doing it, or would I start playing with the hair?

An archist said:
I play with ears: my ears, my mom's ears, if I had a girlfriend, I'd be playing with hers. This is something I've been doing since I was a baby, says my mom. She said that when she breast fed me, I would reach my little hand up and play with her ear. I can't explain exactly why I do it, but it never gets old for me. Ears have so many ridges and each has it's own character, it's always fun to go feeling around and exploring to me. I have the ability to turn part of my right ear 'inside out'. I used to be able to do this with the left too, and I sometimes I would flip both of them and have races to see which one would stay inside out the longest. The right one, was almost always the winner. If I get to become an old man with hair coming out of my ears, I'd be curious to see how that affects this behavior. Would it deter me from doing it, or would I start playing with the hair?

That's really interesting, Arch. I dated this guy once, and he would take me to his aunt's house who had two girls. The 5 year old would always sprawl out on my lap and play with my ears. I never understood it, but they told me that meant she liked me haha.

Anyway,

I scrunch up my face a lot and bite my lip.

I also rub the back of my neck cause it's warm haha.

I wear my headphones under my ears, not directly on them.

I have these weird oval shaped magnets that crackle when you throw them together, and I always have those with me.

I like to set multiple alarm clocks (with my phone) within the 2-3hours before the time I have to get up, so I set about 4 alarms at 7:30/7:00/6:30/6:00 if I have to wake up at 8 o'clock.

1. Have to scoop ice cream out evenly.
2. ALWAYS have to rinse out cup before drinking out of it even if it's 100 cleaned.

I dont have a "style" of handwriting. It is different every time. It is usually very sloppy :(

But I can write really fast. I learned in in college trying to write everything the professor said.

It is scratch; but i can read it

I have a few strange habits.
I have very long hair and when having conversation or watching movie I always bring my hair forward and play with it.
When ever theres a setting working with number I have to put the setting on only certain figures, such as 2,4,5,6,8,10,12,14,15,16,18,20. It goes on in the same pattern with higher number. If it's not it drives me crazy untill I fix it.
When I clip my nails I do it on a face cloth, study a bit and then throw it in the dustbin, weird I know. The filing on my PC has to be perfect, ALWAYS. I wash my self twice while bathing or showering, once when I get in and once before I climb out.
When I do the dishes I follow a certain order in washing things, plate, bowls, cups, glasses, plastic containers, cutlery, pot and pan.
I do something hubby calls bunny sniffles with my nose, it's actually a vey mild tourettes syndrome, if I'm stressed I do it more.
I have to take off my shoes while cleaning house, my shoes irratate me while cleaning.
Every time I walk into the kitchen I open the fridge, I hardly ever take any thing out though but do it just in case even if it's just to check if there's water.

That's enough for now.

-always put toilet paper on the seat, even of my own clean toilet...
-always rinse clean dishes before using them

1. Lots of paraphilias that I won't go into today.
2. Calorie counting.
3. Every time I use a bathroom, I always pull my socks up.
4. Every single sandwich I buy, I take a quick look inside it before I eat it.

Can't think of any more right now.

i think maybe i am a little overboard with handwashing. i don't want to say i'm ocd but i am pretty big on personal hygeine/cleanliness. and i shower twice a day, in the morning and at night.

I know this is OCD! I use a stick deordorant. When applying it, I have to rub it up and down until I have counted and done it 20 times under each arm. If I get interrupted by someone knocking on the bathroom door, or I lose count, I have to rewash and start over. Then, I put 7 sprays of perfume under each underarm, because I read that when you sweat, if the deordorant doesn't work the alcohol will help as a deordorant, and all you will smell is the perfume. This has made my underarm skin soooo dry that I have to wash them with antibacterial soap about 4 times before applying shaving cream to shave my underarms. Well, at least I don't smell!

Lawrens said:
I like to set multiple alarm clocks (with my phone) within the 2-3hours before the time I have to get up, so I set about 4 alarms at 7:30/7:00/6:30/6:00 if I have to wake up at 8 o'clock.

Yes, I couldn't think of a weird habit but when I read this, I am guilty. I set the alarm for at least 3 warnings. It's great to wake up and know you can snuggle down for another hour without getting up. I understand completely!

I've got many semi-OCD behaviors. They don't affect me that much and I can control them, but they're funny anyway.

For instance: TV's volume must be a multiple of 5 (20, 25, 30, 35...)

Latest posts

Back