What are you doing right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cavey said:
Playing Layers of Fear and dicovering that I am, in fact, a giant pussy.

I contemplated for awhile about getting that in one of the previous steam sales. But then I chickened out. I guess that makes me a ... gianter pussy? :s

ladyforsaken said:
Cavey said:

I contemplated for awhile about getting that in one of the previous steam sales. But then I chickened out. I guess that makes me a ... gianter pussy? :s

It's jam packed full of jump scares and my central nervous system is too battered from lifting heavy to cope with them. It's a very pretty game though.

Making a mental note of all the Trump supporters on this forum, so I can be sure to stay away from them.

Tuathaniel said:
Making a mental note of all the Trump supporters on this forum, so I can be sure to stay away from them.

Aw, Trump is 100% ick but not all his voters or supporters are bad people. :)
I'll be glad when this election is over, though.

Cavey said:
ladyforsaken said:
Cavey said:

It's jam packed full of jump scares and my central nervous system is too battered from lifting heavy to cope with them. It's a very pretty game though.

I still have it on my wishlist, but if it's packed with (cheap) jump scares I think I'll pass...I guess buying Resident Evil Zero was a better idea after all.

Trying to work on my Java assignment. The deadline is tomorrow but I can't focus.

Rodent said:
Cavey said:
ladyforsaken said:
Cavey said:

I still have it on my wishlist, but if it's packed with (cheap) jump scares I think I'll pass...I guess buying Resident Evil Zero was a better idea after all.

In all honesty, it's a trip through an insane mind, rather than an actual horror game. You spend pretty much the entire play time walking around an ever changing house, reading letters and having to solve the occasional simple puzzle. There's no lingering feeling of unease and no actual 'monster/s' of any description, just reams of text and a lot of poltergeist-like jump scares.

It shares little in common with the Resident Evils and Silent Hills of this world.

I'm still getting my money's worth since I paid very little for it, but YMMV.

Cavey said:
In all honesty, it's a trip through an insane mind, rather than an actual horror game. You spend pretty much the entire play time walking around an ever changing house, reading letters and having to solve the occasional simple puzzle. There's no lingering feeling of unease and no actual 'monster/s' of any description, just reams of text and a lot of poltergeist-like jump scares.

It shares little in common with the Resident Evils and Silent Hills of this world.

I'm still getting my money's worth since I paid very little for it, but YMMV.

Yeah, jumpscare-reliant horror really isn't my thing and I didn't expect a game in the league of RE or SH anyway but it seemed interesting enough. Maybe I should play the Outlast DLC instead which I had for months which has both jumpscares and general tension.

Actually Resident Evil Zero was just a random purchase in that regard...since I also bought Shovel Knight.

Latest posts

Back