What are you doing right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm finishing up my college applications.
Crap, the deadline's the day after tomorrow.

gahh i still need to get mine finished, but i think the deadline is later, i just went down to Ames to tour the Iowa State Campus today. It's pretty nice but it's a long ride down there, it's just two hours but it's in the middle of Iowa so the whole way there it's nothing but corn on each side of the car so it felt more like 3 or 4 hours. I still need to decide Iowa or isu

*sigh*

watchin' the clock

evanescencefan91 said:
i just went down to Ames to tour the Iowa State Campus today. I still need to decide Iowa or isu

*sigh*

OMG! OK first I have admit to a biased opinion because I went to ISU. But for the love of all things mighty try IOWA. Just to let you know, Ames is a hole is the ground. There are no cool bars, (they are all on two streets in a two block radius of campus) like one movie theatre, no jobs for students, and all the apartments are owned by the same rental agency and so they use that monopoly to charge outrageous prices. If you live in dorms they were built like 30 years ago and you have to still take a shuttle to campus? In Iowa city you actually have a downtown separate from campus and so jobs available if you would want one, not to mention a social scene large enough for everyone to find a place, and the dorms treat you like a student rather then a student loan waiting to be disbursed. On the academic side, IOWA has a better medicine, law, and graduate programs in everything and their biology department has more funding while ISU completely canceled the Zoology program due to lack of funding. And at IOWA the departments for each school have people that give a dam about what you want to do and will individualize your experience at school while at ISU you can only pick from a preset number of "tracks" in any department. Having said my rant. . .n I do apologize for that.

I grew up in Des Moines and so had friends go to both campuses, many people liked diff things about each, so I totally don't mean to intrude in your decision making, it is after all a big decision to make. I was just surprised to see someone talking about my stomping ground. . .Either way best of luck with your choice!

Am still laughing at Minus move thing and am going to make another drink.

Oh and am trying to wake up after over 12 hours in bed. started drinking yesterday at 5pm out of nothing but boredom then was in bed drunk for about 7pm again only cos I had honeysuckle to do. Not cos I was tired. weekends = Crap. And I don't even work. Should be just another day but er nooo

I just awaken...rather then try to gather thoughts, I'm trying to clear them:p

Okay...another day under the sun. I can do this.
I hope I don't waste as much time burning daylight.
I already made a list of the things I need
to do and get done inspite of it all.

**** it...where the hell did i put that list ?:rolleyes:

OMG! OK first I have admit to a biased opinion because I went to ISU. But for the love of all things mighty try IOWA. Just to let you know, Ames is a hole is the ground. There are no cool bars, (they are all on two streets in a two block radius of campus) like one movie theatre, no jobs for students, and all the apartments are owned by the same rental agency and so they use that monopoly to charge outrageous prices. If you live in dorms they were built like 30 years ago and you have to still take a shuttle to campus? In Iowa city you actually have a downtown separate from campus and so jobs available if you would want one, not to mention a social scene large enough for everyone to find a place, and the dorms treat you like a student rather then a student loan waiting to be disbursed. On the academic side, IOWA has a better medicine, law, and graduate programs in everything and their biology department has more funding while ISU completely canceled the Zoology program due to lack of funding. And at IOWA the departments for each school have people that give a dam about what you want to do and will individualize your experience at school while at ISU you can only pick from a preset number of "tracks" in any department. Having said my rant. . .n I do apologize for that.

I grew up in Des Moines and so had friends go to both campuses, many people liked diff things about each, so I totally don't mean to intrude in your decision making, it is after all a big decision to make. I was just surprised to see someone talking about my stomping ground. . .Either way best of luck with your choice!

oh wow it's always cool to meet another Iowan or a person that grew up in Iowa. My sister goes to Iowa and she really likes it.
Though i'd really like to go into enviromental sciences or something like that. And what i hear and have looked at ISU has a lot more classes and stuff in that area. What did you study when you were at ISU?

but anyways thanks for the advice, it's good to hear from someone who had a first hand experiance

:)

Trying to put a thermostat in the car I'm driving right now. Broke a bolt off so not I'm at a standstill until I can get into work on Monday morning to get more tools.

Of course, I need the car to get up to work to get the tools to get the car running.

Oh brother.

staring at my shoe laces

Minus said:
Bluey said:
hahah, Why? I have to ask. But why?

Cuz they are there?

Fair a nuff lol

I see, you was having one of them contemplating moments or was it a moor I have no clue what to do with my time so I just seat here in a daze. Friday was like that for me. Friday was the most boring day I have head in a long time.

Bluey said:
Minus said:
staring at my shoe laces

When I stair at my shoe laces in a meeting it' usually to
build love, patients and tolerance :p

when i stair at my shoe laces when sitting on a bench
under a tree at the park, it's most likely I'm trying to
focus on an object to start my meditation.

When i stair at my shoe laces while walking down a street,
it's probably becuase i stepped on dog honeysuckle.

Anyway, i don't have my shoes on. I'm barely awaken,
I'm having caffine and soaking in the sunlight.
I glad I read the post and replied to them.
I awaken with negative thoughts , by replying to this,
it stopped my negative thought activities.

Lonesome Crow said:
Bluey said:
Minus said:
staring at my shoe laces

When I stair at my shoe laces in a meeting it' usually to
build love, patients and tolerance :p

when i stair at my shoe laces when sitting on a bench
under a tree at the park, it's most likely I'm trying to
focus on an object to start my meditation.

When i stair at my shoe laces while walking down a street,
it's probably becuase i stepped on dog honeysuckle.

Anyway, i don't have my shoes on. I'm barely awaken,
I'm having caffine and soaking in the sunlight.
I glad I read the post and replied to them.

I think that's why we all post and talk here. And lol @ the dog honeysuckle.

Lonesome Crow said:

And sure give me a whole new perspective on shoelace staring. I thought it meant that i was brain dead but i like your reasons so much better.:)

Soaking in the sun? Ug! Is there still sun somewhere? No sun here today. Got our first real snow last night. Looks like this covering is here to stay now and the only light is the glare off of it. LoL

Ok, time to close the curtains again.

Minus said:
Lonesome Crow said:

And sure give me a whole new perspective on shoelace staring. I thought it meant that i was brain dead but i like your reasons so much better.:)

lol, Ye I was thinking friday I was brain dead. Now I think I was meditating haha.

And just one moor time. I know where on Sunday now. But I still think friday was boring lol. *Need to let this go* God **** that was a boring day.

Latest posts

Back