What are you eating/drinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same thing I am ALWAYS drinking... Diet Coke.

Out of interest, what is Tesco's deal? I can get 8 cans for £2 from ASDA, but I buy 24 cans each week, so if there's a better bulk deal at Tesco, I'd make a detour.

After something like 3 months, ASDA has taken their offer away and replaced it with 15 cans for a fiver, so I'll be getting 9 extra cans for the money. Cheers dude. ;)

I wouldn't touch diet coke with a barge pole. I'm not saying there's any truth in it, and I'm not sure to what extent studies have been done but the sweetener used in diet coke, Aspartame, has a pretty dodgy rep. Particularly with its potential effects on those with depression or anxiety related concerns. And more.
I'm a member of a health related group and some of them did a trial run of cutting diet coke out -some were cynical. If I remember right, every one of then noted an improvement in their health. To what extent I don't know. And it may well be they just felt the benefits of cutting the drink from their diet. Nor was the number involved anything large enough to base any solid conclusions on if I'm being honest. And we do live in a 'you shouldn't eat this, you shouldn't drink that' culture - which is quite often just bullsh*t so I've no wish to be part of that.

I'm not preaching that anyone should stop anything. I just wouldn't touch it if you paid me and that's why.

I'm miserable and housebound more often than not anyway, so I don't think a can of coke is going to push me over the edge :) If it does, feel free to say "I told you so" :D I can't say I've noticed any difference in mood really, as I can imagine the effects of such things are so minor that they're indistinguishable, especially when you're up and down anyway...

Nice new pic, by the way.

I wasn't suggesting you stop mate. Just giving a full explanation as to why I choose not to touch it. I guess you never really know what it may or may not do until you either start or stop drinking it.

Scotsman said:
I wouldn't touch diet coke with a barge pole. I'm not saying there's any truth in it, and I'm not sure to what extent studies have been done but the sweetener used in diet coke, Aspartame, has a pretty dodgy rep. Particularly with its potential effects on those with depression or anxiety related concerns. And more.
I'm a member of a health related group and some of them did a trial run of cutting diet coke out -some were cynical. If I remember right, every one of then noted an improvement in their health. To what extent I don't know. And it may well be they just felt the benefits of cutting the drink from their diet. Nor was the number involved anything large enough to base any solid conclusions on if I'm being honest. And we do live in a 'you shouldn't eat this, you shouldn't drink that' culture - which is quite often just bullsh*t so I've no wish to be part of that.

I'm not preaching that anyone should stop anything. I just wouldn't touch it if you paid me and that's why.

Why drink your health away with diet soda, when you could do the same with liquor?

Sigma said:
Why drink your health away with diet soda, when you could do the same with liquor?

Or, there are better stuff to drink your life away to... that won't really do badly for your health.

Because they were half price and I probably drink 20 cans a year :D

Drinking water, at the moment... How exciting.

I drink around 20 cans of Diet Coke a week. I know all about Aspartame, but I'm not going to let it stop me. I don't drink alcohol and I don't smoke, so If Diet Coke is my only vice, then I think I'm doing just fine. ;)

I'm currently eating a Flake ice cream.

Just finished some clam chowder knocked back with plain water (exciting isn't it?) and topping it off with a vape.

Latest posts

Back