What are you eating/drinking right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Apple Turnover recipe is very simple actually (like most recipe's I guess).

Ingredients:

[For the filling]
350 gram Apple (about 3 to 4 depending on the size)
50 gram of sugar *for the filling (or the equivalent in a sweetener of choice)
50 gram of sugar for the 'skin' (this can also be left out or be replaced by some sweetener jelly)
75 gram of raisin's (but not neccesary as these are loaded with glucose = sugar)
few grams of cinnamon (according to personal taste)
50 gram breadcrumbs

[For the skin]
About 6 sheets of 'puff pastry' and though I made it myself from water/flower/butter any puff pastry recipe will do and over here they sell instant-puff pastry as well, which will do as well.

Peel the skin of the apple's and cut the hearts, chop the apple into little blocks (+- 1cm) and mix it with the sugar (or sweetener) and the raisins and the cinnamon. (because apple's have a lot of moisture to them add 50 grams of breadcrumbs to the filling to prevent the juice ruining the pastry while baking).

Once the apple-filling is ready just put enough apple on one half of a sheet of puff pastry and fold the other half of the sheet over it after gluing the edge with water. Now bake for about 25 minutes at 190 degrees celcius.

:)

McDamned said:
The Apple Turnover recipe is very simple actually (like most recipe's I guess).

Ingredients:

[For the filling]
350 gram Apple (about 3 to 4 depending on the size)
50 gram of sugar *for the filling (or the equivalent in a sweetener of choice)
50 gram of sugar for the 'skin' (this can also be left out or be replaced by some sweetener jelly)
75 gram of raisin's (but not neccesary as these are loaded with glucose = sugar)
few grams of cinnamon (according to personal taste)
50 gram breadcrumbs

[For the skin]
About 6 sheets of 'puff pastry' and though I made it myself from water/flower/butter any puff pastry recipe will do and over here they sell instant-puff pastry as well, which will do as well.

Peel the skin of the apple's and cut the hearts, chop the apple into little blocks (+- 1cm) and mix it with the sugar (or sweetener) and the raisins and the cinnamon. (because apple's have a lot of moisture to them add 50 grams of breadcrumbs to the filling to prevent the juice ruining the pastry while baking).

Once the apple-filling is ready just put enough appel on one half of a sheet of puff pastry and fold the other half of the sheet over it after gluing the edge with water. Now bake for about 25 minutes at 190 degrees celcius.

:)

Thank you for that lovely recipe! I've saved it, and as promised this is a firm fave of our's, takes a little effort but the chocolate can just be poured over the biscuit. It looks great and tastes great.

Matcha and chocolate shortbread. Not strictly a cookie, but the chocolate is YUM. But who cares? :D

matchsmallr.jpg

A chocolate-coated cultural bridge between Japan and Scotland. Recipe and words by Willian Curley.

Makes about 25 shortbreads

185g (6½oz / 1¼ cups) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
125g (4½oz / 1¼ sticks) unsalted butter, cut into cubes, at room temperature
60g (2oz / ¼ cup) caster (superfine) sugar
7g (1 tsp) matcha (green tea powder), plus extra for dusting
500g (1lb 2oz) tempered fine dark (bittersweet) chocolate, to coat

Preheat the oven to 160C (325F / Gas 3). Put all the ingredients, except the tempered chocolate, into a bowl and mix until the ingredients come together in a dough.

Remove from the bowl. Roll the dough to 5mm (¼ inch) thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 4cm (1½ inch) squares and transfer to a baking tray (sheet) lined with a non-stick baking mat. Leave to rest for at least 1 hour in the fridge.

Bake in the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from the baking tray (sheet) and leave to cool. Dip in the tempered dark (bittersweet) chocolate and dust with matcha powder.

• This recipe is taken from Couture Chocolate: A Masterclass in Chocolate by William Curley (Jacqui Small, £30).

- - - - - - - -

Right now I'm drink a glass of lovely chilled milk.

Solivagant said:
ladyforsaken said:
I got inspired by Solivagant above with the AriZona tea. So I told my nephew (he can be such a sweetheart sometimes) I craved it and he actually got one for me. This time it's the AriZona Half Iced Tea & Half Lemonade. It takes me awhile to finish this, actually.

[img=400x400]http://www.gianteagle.com/ProductImages/PRODUCT_NODE_7802/613008719302.jpg[/img]

Aw, that's sweet. =] I love those too. I had one with pink lemonade yesterday.

Ooh, I've not seen one with a pink lemonade yet. The stock is very .. limited here.

Mouse said:
Thank you for that lovely recipe! I've saved it, and as promised this is a firm fave of our's, takes a little effort but the chocolate can just be poured over the biscuit. It looks great and tastes great.

Matcha and chocolate shortbread. Not strictly a cookie, but the chocolate is YUM. But who cares? :D

matchsmallr.jpg

A chocolate-coated cultural bridge between Japan and Scotland. Recipe and words by Willian Curley.

Makes about 25 shortbreads

185g (6½oz / 1¼ cups) plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
125g (4½oz / 1¼ sticks) unsalted butter, cut into cubes, at room temperature
60g (2oz / ¼ cup) caster (superfine) sugar
7g (1 tsp) matcha (green tea powder), plus extra for dusting
500g (1lb 2oz) tempered fine dark (bittersweet) chocolate, to coat

Preheat the oven to 160C (325F / Gas 3). Put all the ingredients, except the tempered chocolate, into a bowl and mix until the ingredients come together in a dough.

Remove from the bowl. Roll the dough to 5mm (¼ inch) thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 4cm (1½ inch) squares and transfer to a baking tray (sheet) lined with a non-stick baking mat. Leave to rest for at least 1 hour in the fridge.

Bake in the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from the baking tray (sheet) and leave to cool. Dip in the tempered dark (bittersweet) chocolate and dust with matcha powder.

• This recipe is taken from Couture Chocolate: A Masterclass in Chocolate by William Curley (Jacqui Small, £30).
Much appreciated, saved it and am going to try anytime in the near future :)

Jolly good! :)

- - -

Tea has great restorative powers. Drinking tea empowers me to be fearless, sticking up two fingers at my adversaries.

TheRealCallie said:
Rodent said:
Chocolate bunny...how long ago was Easter anyway?

Who cares, I'm still eating Halloween candy...

Phew, that's been a while. As long as it doesn't taste like burned rubber. I was glad after I finally ate the last chocolate santa lately...but the war on candy never ends.

Cup of tea, coco-pops and a slice of toast with margarine and marmalade. Just waiting for the sugar rush...

Chun li said:
Root beer and Doritos. It's important to have a healthy well balanced meal daily.

Indeed... pint in one hand, pie in the other. :D

I'm drinking Earl Grey tea.

Chicken donner meat, cheesy chips with coleslaw. Saturday night/Payday/Bank Holiday treat thats what I am telling myself :rolleyes: :club:

A spicy beef patty. The local 24-hour convenience store sells them for $1.50 each, which is a lot pricier than buying a box of them at the grocery store and heating them up myself, but is far more convenient.

Latest posts

Back