What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The race for the presidency is more entertaining then I thought it would be. Biden is playing above board now because it appears like he'll win at this point. Trump is getting desperate and being Trump. Harris and the far left are quietly making their plans to take over Biden. Politics at work. It reminds me of the Game of Thrones series. Ha! ha!

Today at my internship the delivery man who comes in every afternoon and has made attempts to small talk with me since last week (the attempts failed because he cannot speak German)  gave me a box of chocolates! I hope that was his last move because it's so awkward!  Oh boy.

Myra said:
Today at my internship the delivery man who comes in every afternoon and has made attempts to small talk with me since last week (the attempts failed because he cannot speak German)  gave me a box of chocolates! I hope that was his last move because it's so awkward!  Oh boy.

This guy sounds like a goof.  Maybe you should tell him you're allergic to the chocolates...and to him.

Alyosha said:
Myra said:

This guy sounds like a goof.  Maybe you should tell him you're allergic to the chocolates...and to him.

Hey! I thought all women liked receiving chocolates! I did my best. I was still jet lagged coming form the US. So, I wasn't much up to talking. Besides, I didn't want to bother her. She seemed busy. Maybe tomorrow night I'll just follow her home from work and then knock on her door after she changes into some comfy clothes. That won't be at all creepy will it? Ha! ha!

Missing the times when I was younger and still had time ahead to build a life, and still had the present with everyone.

I wish I hadn't ruined that part of my life with catastrophizing, anger, paranoia, negative obsessions, and confusion, just not knowing any better, not knowing what to do. Not knowing, where there should have been knowing.

Now I'm here and, idk, you have to keep going, whether you want to or not. But it's not the same.

TheSkaFish said:
Missing the times when I was younger and still had time ahead to build a life, and still had the present with everyone. 

I wish I hadn't ruined that part of my life with catastrophizing, anger, paranoia, negative obsessions, and confusion, just not knowing any better, not knowing what to do.  Not knowing, where there should have been knowing.

Sometimes knowing has to come through experiences.  You might have a "present day" in the future that you can enjoy with others.  It isn't inconceivable.  And then you'll be equipped to appreciate it and make the most of it.

Why aren't all the super hero's kicking Covid-19's ass? Oh, that's right POT is legal in many places now.
Pot + "Free" Government money = Why bother doing a **** thing any more.

iu

iu

Alyosha said:
TheSkaFish said:

I wish I hadn't ruined that part of my life with catastrophizing, anger, paranoia, negative obsessions, and confusion, just not knowing any better, not knowing what to do.  Not knowing, where there should have been knowing.

Sometimes knowing has to come through experiences.  You might have a "present day" in the future that you can enjoy with others.  It isn't inconceivable.  And then you'll be equipped to appreciate it and make the most of it.

Thanks man. I hope so, although there are some things that just won't be the same. I've just been feeling some pangs of nostalgia lately.

Well, I have a cider in my belly. Its giving me a pretty nice buzz. :) 
It promises an absence where memories should be but never an absence where the feelings persist. Alcohol, drugs, sex; these are drops of water down a seething chasm that could evaporate them in seconds... or burn down a mans soul over countless years. 
I actually intend to make my own at some point, still gathering the equipment.

I just baked some fantastic squash for myself and my wife and realized that really simple things like that probably have far more lasting meaning than a Grammy, an Oscar or a prestigious position in some high castle.

It was good squash.

Latest posts

Back