What are you feeling, hoping, thinking, or remembering right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- If someone harps on the same mistake or accident you made, tell them that you don’t care about that anymore.

- Keep your cool if you do anything embarrassing so you don’t give them any fuel.

"Choose to under-react. Choose to take a few (hundred) deep breaths. Choose a long walk. Don’t let the drama in. Just because everything is crazy around you doesn’t mean everything has to be crazy within you."

I was pretty upset about something today, but after giving it some space I feel better. Part of me wishes there was a better way for me to stand up for myself, but I'm also glad I didn't start an argument.

Letting things go has been hard for me. I don't like the feeling of turning the other cheek, it feels like weakness, I have to remind myself that it's not worth escalating things sometimes. But the truth is, it's not. I have to keep this in mind. Seeing these quotes today helped.

Finished said:
^ Oh wow! There's the one person. Ha! Ha!
Are there any chocolates in standard boxes of chocolates that you do not like?

I don't there are any i don't like.My chocolate days are over now but when i was young i liked them all. Lol

ahsatan said:
Finished said:
^ Oh wow! There's the one person. Ha! Ha!
Are there any chocolates in standard boxes of chocolates that you do not like?

I don't there are any i don't like.My chocolate days are over now but when i was young i liked them all. Lol

You were quite the chocolate trooper. I definitely would have bought you a box and watched you eat them all. 

No!!!! Don't say that. Chocolate is too yummy to give it up. Ha! Ha!

OMG! I used to totally LOVE Skor bars. My mouth is watering right now thinking about them. MMM. Ha! Ha!

iu

Once again, it seems like it took me too long to see special qualities in someone.

I always knew they were there, but it took a while for it to really click, that these were very good qualities, and very rare ones too. A kind of warmth, understanding, and sweetness that's hard to find. I should have stopped to think, I really don't meet people like that every day.

It's not an argument for feeling like there are people everywhere that have these qualities, if anything, it just goes to show that there really isn't, and every chance to get to know someone like this that I mess up, I just get closer and closer to being forever alone. There weren't a lot of chances to begin with, and some of those chances I thought were good, really weren't. Now, there seems to be even less :(

I keep having dreams that include people who I really don't want to ever be in contact with again. It's happened multiple times over the past few weeks. These are people who betrayed me, took advantage of me, cheated on me or who were just bad friends. Most of them I haven't seen in years, but there they appeared in my dreams, looking pretty much as they did the last time I saw them. Doesn't my brain have better things to do? I'd rather dream about calculus or singing mushrooms, or really anything else...

Remembering how much I don't like shoveling snow.

But if I didn't go out exactly when I did, I wouldn't have seen a hawk fly across our yard and up into our tree. It was nice to see the hawk again, because I haven't seen too many of them this year.

TheSkaFish said:
Remembering how much I don't like shoveling snow.

But if I didn't go out exactly when I did, I wouldn't have seen a hawk fly across our yard and up into our tree.  It was nice to see the hawk again, because I haven't seen too many of them this year.

I will shovel. You take pictures of the birds.

Right now I'm thinking about getting the vaccine shot within the next week and remembering past New Years without the COVID 19 problems  I am also wishing that I had a dog for company but realize it's not practical for me. :)

As another year passes, I'm kind of bummed - I'm going to be 35 this year. I'm starting to worry that it took me too long to start life, and now it's too late for my dreams to come true. Even something like losing weight and getting in shape takes a long time. I know "the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best time is now" and all that, but I'm starting to worry that I struck out at life, and now I'm stuck where I am and it's too late for me to start over.

Either that, or that it was never possible for me to do anything else except strike out, whether I tried or not, whether I focused or not, because I just didn't have enough potential in the first place.

Latest posts

Back